Status: new cowrite!!!

Arranged.

Elsie

I wiped the tears from my face, wanting them gone as I took a deep breath to steady myself. When I looked back up into my soon-to-be husband’s eyes, I saw once more the worry in them.

Realization hit that we really were powerless and that there really was nothing that we could do.

I took a few more deep breaths, my hands still fisted in Tez’s tux before letting go of him, his arms moving as if I were a porcelain doll he was afraid might break.

“Are you alright, Elsie?” He asked, worrying over me.

“Yeah, I’m fine.” I said, stepping back once more towards the door, smiling at Tez. “Ready to become a Prince,” I whispered and his eyes widened as if he hadn’t thought of that yet though it had been making its way around my head time and time again this past week.

“I’ll see you out there.” He said and I nodded, turning and slipping out the door, heading back to my own dressing room where my mother and father were waiting for me.

I made it back there and my mother took me into her arms. “Baby, are you alright?” she said, her English heavily accented.

“Mhm.” I murmured, hugging her back and hiding my face in her shoulder. “I’m just scared Mommy.” I whispered honestly.

She pulled away from the hug and gently touched her fingertips to my cheeks in a loving gesture. “Child, you know that Tezacacoatl is a good man. He will be kind to you and love you. What do you have to be worried about?” She asked.

I smiled and nodded, leaning into her touch a little before she dropped her hand. “Yes…I’m just b-being silly.” I said, reassuring myself as I looked into the mirror.

Tez does love me…he’ll take care of me. My mother is right. I reasoned with myself.

My father was next to talk to me, telling me about how proud he was to call me his son. I accepted his words but before I could say anything in return, I was being called to walk, and I took my father’s hand.

I heard the music playing before I got out of the room, following someone down the hallway to where the wedding would take place.

I had previously been kept in the room and was now astounded by all of the people that filled the extravagant place. Tez’s family had bared no expense.

I looked to my father, smiling before looking down the aisle, my eyes meeting Tezacacoatl’s. His smile was what I focused on rather than walking down the aisle. I knew that were I to think about anything else, I would worry if I was going too fast or too slow and probably fret myself into tripping and looking like a complete fool.

Tez had promised me that I would look amazing, but I couldn’t help but feel the stares on me. As I made it to the front of the aisle, I kissed my father’s cheek, giving him a hug as well before going to stand next to Tezacacoatl.

I had already known that the ceremony was going to take place in Latin and even so, I’m not exactly sure what the priest said, nor what Tezacacoatl said for his vows; he said I wouldn’t have to say anything as I had only taken a basic Latin class in school, nothing that would make me fluent in the language.

The only lines I knew I just finished saying: “I do.”

I realized that it must be time for the rings as Tez took my hand in his own, turning towards the aisle where I saw little Lottie padding, yipping the whole way.

I giggled at the sight of the puppy, the crowd of people also smiling and awing at him. Tez stopped him, taking a huge ring out of the little pouch the pup was wearing as well as a small thick band with quite a few different colored precious stones set into it.

Tez slipped my ring on me, the expensive jewelry almost weighing down my hand as I put Tez’s ring onto his finger.

Once more, I’m not sure what the man said, but everyone rose and began clapping. After he said something else, tez leaned in and sweetly pressed our lips together, cupping my cheek.

“I love you.” He whispered, kissing me once more. I smiled and leaned into his embrace, Lottie yipping at our feet as the clapping continued.

The people in the room settled down and someone took Lottie’s collar and put a leash on him, calming him and following us down the aisle to a waiting limousine.

Once I was out the door, I was shocked by how many people I saw. Previously, I had been thinking only of how Tez and I would deal with this marriage, not what it meant to the people of this country, many of which now lined the streets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sari here^.^

I wrote this chapter for my lovely co-writer:D
She's writing next though, so double Elsie chapters!!!!

check this out and let me know what you think:D

com/sub?