Status: Feel free to comment

Blood Secrets

Chapter 18

“Drink Lyric please drink” I heard a voice say, “You’ll die if you don’t.” that voice was a female. This was a very strange dream, especially since there were only sounds not images.

I woke up in my bed, extremely light headed. After my vision cleared I recognized my father at my bedside looking so hurt.

“Lyric, I’m so sorry. Everything I put you through, I’m the worst father ever.” He said. “No dad, you were just being over protective.” I told him.

“And it almost killed you.” He said. “But you raised me to be strong.” I smiled and he smiled back.

“What happened?” I asked him. “After Maxine bit you, Jupiter and I attacked her. She had such a tight grip on your throat and almost ripped it out when we tried to get her off you.” He told me.

“What happened to her?” I asked. “We killed her.” He said then I looked at him in shock.

“Charges of murder, kidnap, assault and the list goes on would be brought up against her which would have led to the same result.” He explained. I breathed a sigh of relief but I was also a bit saddened. I could understand where she was coming from but there were better ways to work out your issues. Had my dad not apologized and I stored up that anger, that could have easily been me. That thought scares me and I pushed it from my mind.

“Where is he?” I asked my father. My father looked at me with those I have bad news eyes. “Daddy, please. Where is Jonathan?” I stressed.

“Well you did do a lot of damage to him. He needed a few transfusions but he’s stable in the infirmary.” My dad informed me.

“Oh my god, what have I done?” I groaned. “You couldn’t help it you were provoked and you should have been drinking like you should. I understand that you thinking that you’re taking a life but it’s not like that at all. None of us enjoy something that has to be taken from another living creature but it’s has we survive and we do our best to make sure we don’t become monsters.” My father said.

“Now that you’re a vampire you have to drink, no excuse. Cravings will make you go mad.” My father warned me.

“Am a vampire?” I asked him. “Yes. We had to force you to drink after you passed out.” He said, that explains the weird dream.

“I will.” I promised. The phrase going mad just made me think of Maxine and I shuddered again, pushing away the thought.

“I want to see him.” I said. “I don’t think that’s a good idea.” My dad said.

“I want to see him.” I said again and my dad just nodded his head and walked me to the infirmary. I saw him in that hospital bed hooked up to machines. I asked my dad to leave as I walked over to his bedside and held his hand. Tears welled up in my eyes as I stared at him; I just wanted him to open his eyes.

“You’re too pretty to cry.” I heard him whisper and looked up to see him smile. “I’m so sorry.” I told him.

“Don’t be. I would die for you.” He said. “You can’t use that statement against me when it literally happened. I almost killed you.” I said.

“I’m glad I get to see your face again.” He stroked my cheek. “If you ever die on me again, I’ll kill you.” I smiled and he just laughed.

“Well now that that’s out of the way, I want to talk about everything Maxine said.” I said. “I figured you want to know about that and you have the right to know but where do I start?” he sighed.

“How about the beginning.” I suggested. “Well I met Maxine years ago before you ever existed and we had slept together a few times but it was nothing more than that, I hadn’t been with anyone in that way until I met you. But a few months later she tells me she’s pregnant and I promised to be there for my son…” I saw how much it hurt him to say the word son, but he shook it off and finished the story.

“I was sent out to fight the war against the revolutionaries, I wrote to check up on her and she replied to tell me we were having a boy. I had friend come by and make sure she was ok. One day she was nowhere to be found. When I got back I couldn’t find either of them and I had nothing to go on to try and find him.” He sighed.

“I’m sorry.” I whispered. “Its fine, I have you. I’m finally happy again.” He smiled and I kissed him.
*************
It’s been a few weeks since I've seen Jonathan. I was on punishment for lying to my dad about my relationship with him. School wasn’t a distraction; I spent class doodling his name over my notebook.

“Lyric will you please come in here?” my father called from his office one day. “Yes daddy?” I asked him.

“This situation between you and Jonathan has been weighing on my mind. And I’ve come to a decision.” He said with a stern voice.

“If you want to continue seeing him, it’s ok.” He smiled; I squealed in happiness and give him a hug.

“Thank you daddy.” I told him. “With restrictions. You can go to his house but no sleep overs anymore. Grades must remain at their best and Jonathan has promised me no sex until your 18 and I know he won’t cross me again.” My dad smiles

“He’s here?” I asked. My dad nodded behind me, I turned around to see Jonathan behind me and jumped into his arms. Once he set my down I pushed him into the hallway and kissed him.

“I can’t believe you agreed to those terms.” I said when pulled away from the kiss. “Anything for you Lyric, you know that.” He smiled.

“I love you.” I told him. “I love you too.” He smiled and kissed me again.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment
Today is my 19th birthday and that's why I decided to post today. Make sure you guys go and check out my new story Destiny
Special thanks to everyone who has suported this story, thank you. Stay subscribed for the sequel alert : Blood Lies
Mad Love
xoxoxoxoxoxoxo