Status: Active! Update on this story March 30, 2013.

You're My Perfect Lie

Chapter 5

Sophia’s POV

“Honey, I’m gonna be fine” I say in Tal’s neck as he has me wrapped up in his arms, hugging me tightly & no planning on letting me go. “It’ll only be a day” I say, running my hands up & down his back, soothing him.

“I just don’t get why you can’t leave with me tonight” He mumbles… once again. I sigh.

“Tal, I told you already. I have to be at this meeting tonight & tomorrow morning” I say, pulling away slightly.

“Who the fuck calls a meeting at 7.30 PM anyways?” He retorts angrily.

See… it’s Tal’s & the Madden opening of the store in Vegas… FINALLY. A weekend he’s been planning for almost 3 months now. We had everything ready, everything packed. I even had asked for permission to miss work tomorrow, Friday, so I could go with them to the pre-party & on Saturday, the big party that got him all excited & ubber happy.

Until, my boss called 2 hours prior our departure, telling me that some investors we’ve been working with for the past years, wanted to meet with me to talk about a new real estate project that they are developing in the East Coast & were very interested in my ideas & designs. To say it’s a huge opportunity for me & my career is putting it mildly. This is that once-in-a-lifetime opportunities that I just can’t overlook. That’s why I have an angry boyfriend holding me, because I’ll have to leave tomorrow afternoon, after I get off work, setting me back a day from this ultra mega super celebration. His words, not mine.

“Honey, I’ll be there first thing in the morning” I say, pecking his lips. He lets out a defeated sigh, resting his forehead against mine. “Besides, I’ll drive with the Sanders. It’s gonna be fun & that way, you won’t have to worry about me driving alone all the way to Vegas”

“It won’t be the same without you there tonight though” He mumbles, looking into my eyes. I see that he is really bummed out that I can’t make it to this pre-party. He has been rambling on & on about how much fun we will have & how he wanted me to finally meet all his friends. But now, that was thrown out the window, since I had to stay. He had made every little arrangement to make everything perfect, & now I was messing all his plans.

“Honey, look at it this way. You’re gonna have some time with your friends before I arrive to enjoy yourself, ultimate some details about the inauguration & threaten them if they tell me any of your most embarrassing stories & failed hookups” I say with a smile & he just playfully glares at me. “Besides, tomorrow’s the big party. I’ll meet them there &…” I stop to whisper seductively in his ear. “I can finally give you your present” I say, playfully biting his earlobe. I hear him growl, before his hold on me tightens, making me giggle softly.

“Present? What present?” He asks & I just smile at him.

“Just something I got to show you how proud I am of you” I say, licking my lips slowly & seductively.

“Can I get a preview of that present?” He asks, his lips twitched in a smirk, while I bite my bottom lip, a smile placed on my face.

“Um… I don’t know” I say, prying myself away from him, before seductively walking into the living room. “It all depends” I say, leaning against the back of my couch, looking at him.

“On what?” He says, slowly walking towards me. He places his hands on the couch, each one by my side, trapping me there.

“How fast you can take your clothes off” I whisper & I see his smirk turn into a full smile. His lip crashes with mine, in a hard passionate kiss. I wrap my arms around his neck as he presses our bodies together. I tangle my fingers in his hair, gently tugging at it, letting him know that I want more… now.

“Aren’t you a little vixen” He mumbles, letting his lips travel down to my neck, sucking hard. I let out a moan as my hands travel to his belt, unfastening it.

“Why did you decide to wear jeans with buttons instead of a fly today?” I manage to complain through my moans & sighs from all the well placed kisses he’s leaving on my body. He just chuckles, his hands disappearing underneath my shirt, only to grasp my breasts through my bra. I manage to sneak my hand in his jeans, palming him through his boxers.

“Ugh, fuck” He growls & I smirk, claiming his lips with mine, when my cell phone decides to interrupt us. “Don’t answer that” He says, placing his hand on mine to keep it there. I decide to just ignore the small device resting on the coffee table, continuing my task at hand. But my phone keeps going off & off. “Ugh… answer that shit” He says, frustration on his voice, moving away from me. I let out a sigh, knowing that he’s not only frustrated, but angry too. I know Tal more than anybody else & I know that when he’s horny & can’t do anything about it, he tends to go off on everyone.

I walk & grab my phone, seeing 5 missed calls & 4 voice mails… all from the same person. Beth, my assistant. I play the first voice mail, while walking towards where Tal is sitting, his pants done already. His eyes are closed, head thrown back as his hands rest on the arms of the small sofa. I silently walk towards him & sit sideway on his lap, placing a small kiss on his neck as I nuzzle in it. I feel his arms surround me as I rub his chest, trying to calm him down. The last thing I want if for him to leave in a foul mood & for that to screw his night up.

I listen closely to Beth going on & on about how I needed to be there by 7 to have everything ready & that Mr. Vang, my boss, wanted to go over some details for the meeting. I look at the clock hanging on the wall by my stairs & see that it’s 6.30, so if I wanted to be there on time, I had to leave now. I end the voice mail, knowing that the remaining 3 are the same shit, only Beth even more panicked cuz she can’t get a hold of me.

“I have to leave now” I mumble, nuzzling on his neck. He lets out a groan, slightly patting my leg, letting me know that I should get up & leave. I stand up & fix my shirt, before grabbing my phone & keys from the coffee table. “Call me before you leave, ok?” I say, turning to see him giving me his best puppy eyes that I could never refuse. But this time… I manage to do it. Barely… but I do. “I’ll miss you, Honey” I say, pecking his lips twice.

“I’ll miss you too, sweets. Drive safely” He says, patting my butt. I laugh & notice that his mood is slightly better. “Don’t go falling in love with someone else while I’m gone” He says, smirking. We always say that whenever we leave each other, even if it’s for a short amount of time. I don’t know how we came up with that, but it has stuck & we say it as our goodbye. I turn to glare at him playfully, a smile in my lips.

“I don’t know. Val has been looking pretty sexy lately. I wouldn’t mind tapping that” I say & see his eyes widen as he burst into laughter.

“We’ll have to ask Shadz about that” He says & we laugh as I place a last goodbye kiss on his lips, before grabbing my purse & exiting my place. Let this long night begin.

Matt’s POV

It’s 3 PM already, an hour late from what I’ve planned on leaving & I stop in front of a medium size house. As I get out of my car & start my short walk to the door, I start feeling a bit anxious & a bit nervous. She makes me this way. I shouldn’t feel like this, or feel anything at all, but I can’t help it. It’s like when you’re 15 & you have a crush on the prettiest girl in school. & that with only a glance from her, a stupid grin appears on your face. Well… I’m 30 & I have the feelings of a 15 year-old. Pathetic.

I knock twice & stuff my hands on my pockets. I hear some footsteps on the other side & the lock being removed. & when she opens the door, I’m left speechless. She looks great… as usual. Her pale lace top is the perfect contrast to her tan skin & her dark hair cascading on her shoulders, give her the perfect look. But her best accessory… her smile. She could stop traffic with that smile. I know she stopped my heart for a couple of seconds.

“Matt, hey” She says, hugging me. Something I’ve noticed too… she’s a hugger. She doesn’t kiss your cheek, she hugs you. & I adore that. I find it adorable. “I’ll just grab my bag & purse & check the doors & windows & we can go” She says, her smile never faltering. I nod & see her picking up a small bag.

“Let me help you with that” I quickly say, grabbing the bag. “I’ll put this in the car while you check everything” I smile at her & she nod, before turning back into the house. I walk towards the car & open the trunk. It’s amazing that she only has a small bag with her. I mean, Val always travels with big ass luggage that barely fits in the trunk, leaving no space for my stuff. Even if it’s only for a day, her luggage is immense.

“All done” She says, fixing her jacket. “Where’s Val?” She asks, noticing the absence from my wife.

“She couldn’t make it. One of her closest friends had to be rushed to the hospital this morning” I say, shrugging.

“Oh my God. Is everything ok?” She honestly asks, concern in her voice.

“Yeah. She’ll be fine. It’s just that her husband is out of town & since she’s pregnant, they didn’t want to take any chance. So she’s gonna keep her company. She said that maybe she’ll catch us tomorrow, but nothing is sure”

“Oh… well, I guess it’s just you & me, Matthew” She says, walking to the passenger side. I just love the way my name rolls out of her mouth. So fucking sexy. I open the door for her & she gives me a big smile before entering. I close her door & walk to my side. I see her strapping her seatbelt on. “Do you think we can stop to grab something to eat before we go? I haven’t eaten since last night & I’m starving” She says, placing her sunglasses on.

“Sure. How do In ‘n’ Out sound?” I ask her, starting the car.

“I love that place” She says excited. “Don’t laugh at me if my stomach growls. I’m really hungry” She says, giving me a playful smile & I smile at her. We start towards the restaurant in silence before I decide to break it.

“Can I ask you something?” I say, turning to look at her. She nods. “Why is your luggage so… I don’t know… little?” I say, laughing at my lack of better words to describe her carry on. For someone who is a lyricist, I sure as fuck can formulate words when I’m around Sophia.

“Oh… it’s just a weekend. I don’t think I’m gonna need that much. Besides, I thought Val was coming so I didn’t want to take up space for her stuff” She says shrugging. I nod. If only she knew that if Val would’ve come, she would be carrying her own bag in the back seat. “Do you mind?” She asks me, before leaning towards the radio. I shake my head no, & she start’s searching for a radio station that we both would like. She settles on one, playing 80’s rock music. I quickly steal a glance from her & see her hair flowing from the warm air of California. This is gonna be one fun ass road trip for me. I just hope I can keep my head in check. Well… not only my head.
♠ ♠ ♠
So... I'm alive! Hahaha! I know I always say that I'll update soon, but I've just been so lazy & tired lately. I'm the queen of procrastination,as you might know. This chapter has been done for almost a month & I was just too lazy to edit it! But here it is. I hope everyone likes it & the next will be about this fun roadtrip. It'll be some alone time between Matt & Sophia, so I'm pretty excited about writing it.

Thanks to:

hachie
Vixyn Of Syn
trishahhh
MoMo_92

I hope I get more comments. I know I suck at updating, but it would make me super happy! If not... well, what can I do. Thanks to those sticking with me!!! I love you all!