Sequel: Fool With Dreams
Status: Completed :)

Bittersweet Sundown

Make Me Feel Used

Brian woke up, feeling better than he’d had in a long time. Actually he’d felt this good when they got signed for the first time. He felt happy. He even felt totally satisfied for the first time in his life.

Smiling, he turned around, expecting to find a small figure, sleeping soundly next to him. But the other side of the bed was empty. Slowly he slid his arm out. The sheets were cold, there hadn’t been anyone for a while now. Frowning, he sat up, looking around the room. Of course there was no one there.

Wondering where she was, he got up and pulled his jeans on. He walked to the living room, hoping that she would be lounging on the couch, watching cartoons, like the morning before. But the living room was quiet and empty. As was the kitchen corner. Maybe she went back to her own room, he thought, starting to walk back. Pushing the door open, he wasn’t so surprised anymore to find the room empty. There was an unpleasant feeling forming at the pit of his stomach. Walking to the window, he already knew that her car would be gone. It still stung to see the driveway empty.

“Fuck,” he swore, closing his eyes for a moment. This was the first time he woke up alone. He’d had his fair share of one night stands, but every single time, he was the one who left. Not once had it been the other way around. To his surprise, he felt hurt. He’d thought they had something different between them. Guess she didn’t feel the same.

Growling, he fished out his phone and asked Zack to come and get him. When Zack finally arrived, he tossed his bag in the back and sat in the passengers seat, his face dark like a storm cloud. Zack new him good enough to even ask questions. They drove back to Huntington in total silence.

After Zack dropped him home, he quickly grabbed his car keys and walked out of the house, leaving his bag in the middle of the hallway. He was somewhat upset and he didn’t want to deal with Michelle. Whit this mood he was now, it would get ugly and fast.

He drove around for hours, until he ended up in front of Matt’s house. He sat in the car until Matt came out.

“You okay, man?” Matt asked, leaning down a bit, resting his hands on the roof of the car.

“Do I look okay?” Brian snorted, suppressing the need to break something.

“Not really. Wanna come inside?” Matt invited, not asking anything. He knew Brian would talk when he was ready.

Without answering, Brian got out and followed his friend inside. Once inside, he almost wanted to run back out. He hadn’t known Michelle was there and he still didn’t wanna talk to her.

“I’m gonna go and kill your punching bag before I break something up here,” he muttered to Matt, walking away before Michelle could see him.

When he climbed up from the basement two hours later, he could hear voices from the kitchen and walked that direction. Turning the corner, he saw Zack and Ash, sitting side by side, her head leaned on Zack’s shoulder. Matt was resting on his elbows at the other side of the counter.

“Hey, Val and I are planning on going to Maldives for a week. You guys are in, right?” Matt asked, his eyes on Ash. He didn’t even glance at Zack. Ash raised her head immediately.

“Are you kidding? No way I’m gonna miss that,” her smile was literally from ear to ear. Brian just couldn’t watch any longer.

“Of course she can’t miss the opportunity to take advantage of us,” he spat out, coldly walking by. He wanted to hurt her so much it scared him. He took a beer out of the fridge and turned around just in time to see her leave. With a satisfied smirk, he took a sip from the cold bottle.

“What the fuck is your problem?” Matt demanded, crossing his arms on his chest.

“She’s my problem. She’s a deceiving fox, she’s only using all of us. She’s had all of you wrapped around her finger and you don’t even realise it,” Bri almost yelled. How couldn’t they see that she was only playing with them, like a cat playing with the mouse before killing it. He’d always known she acted too nice and too perfect to be true.

“That’s enough. I’m not gonna let you backtalk Ash like this any longer. She has done nothing to you to deserve your attitude. You’re not in the third grade anymore, grow up and admit what you feel about her,” Val stood right under his nose, lecturing him and poking her slender finger at his chest. Brian cast a quick glance at Matt. The look on his face said it all. He was on Ash’s side too. He was looking at his wife with a proud look in his eyes that clearly said ‘that’s my girl’.

“What I feel is irritation. How can’t any of you see that she’s playing you?” Brian questioned, resisting the urge to step back. Although Val was so much smaller than he was, he still felt intimidated by her. She was fuming.

“In that case, shut the fuck up or get the hell out of my house. I’m not gonna let you ruin everybodys night with your stupid remarks,” Val demanded, squinting her eyes at him.

“Whatever,” he snorted and left the kitchen. He wasn’t gonna leave yet, he had a few questions to Ash and he intended to get some answers. But for that, he needed to stick around. Sighing, he walked to the living room and joined Johnny on the couch.

***

Hearing someone laughing, Brian turned his head. He saw Zack and Ash coming up from the basement.

“So when can I see that hideous apartment of yours?” Zack asked, leaning his hand casually over Ash’s shoulders. Of course Ash sneaked hers around his waist. So you’ve fallen too my friend, Brian thought bitterly. Now that she’d had him, she was after the next one. Was she gonna go through all of them?

“So you’ve heard,” she laughed. Zack only smiled down at her.

“You can come over when ever you want. Even in the middle of the night. I’m always there for my friends,” Ash grinned, hugging him closer. Was that some kind of hint to Z, Brian debated. For some weird reason, he felt jealousy. And he felt betrayed. This had to end. He had to reveal her real intentions. Keeping his eyes on her, he started to plan his moves.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, mistery gurl, this is for you. I didn't have this chapter in my story, but I liked your idea and I just had to squeeze it in, so here it is. It's the first time I wrote in a guy's point of view and I'm not sure it came out okay. I have no idea how men think. But I hope it's not too bad :)

And thank you JimJams90, for always commenting, I really appreciate it :*

Title Credit: Boys Like Girls - The Only Way That I Know How To Feel