‹ Prequel: Get It Right
Sequel: Go Your Own Way
Status: Finished

Turning Tables

.03

“Right, momma,” she nodded her head weakly, she leaned up and yawned. “I think I’m going to go lay down for a few minutes.”

“I’ll get you up for dinner,” I mused, watching her trail into the back room, ready to sleep off her exhaustion. “Matt you’re a miracle worker, that child never sleeps.”

“All you have to do is say I bet you can’t run up and down the park in thirty seconds,” Matt yawned and smiled softly. “She’s just like you and Brian, competitive and refuses to be wrong about anything.”

“You wore her out on purpose, you’re evil,” I laughed softly and reached across the table to slap his forearm. A few silent seconds passed before I got back on the previous conversation again. “So, you think Val is a slut?”

“Broadcast it, why don’t you?” he sighed heavily and leaned forward, it took him awhile before he nodded. “She flirts with anything breathing, I’m pretty sure she’s cheated on me at some point. I love her but she’s a slut.”

“I’m sorry you feel like that about your wife,” I sighed softly and patted his arm that was outstretched.

“I just want to see the person that makes me the happiest,” Matt rubbed his head nervously, scratched his neck and cracked it. “I want to see my daughter, I miss her.”

“I know you do,” I agreed because we all did.

~*~*~*~

“Why are you so nervous?” I whispered, nudging Matt in the side with my elbow. Others wouldn’t notice how nervous Matt was but since I’d known him my entire life, I recognized when he started fiddling with his wedding ring, that he was nervous.

“I’m seeing my daughter after six months of being on the road, I’m really nervous that she’s angry with me,” Matt admitted as he sat back against the couch, I was seated beside him, almost curled up to him. I hadn’t felt good all day; morning sickness (still) was kicking my ass.

“Liar,” I commented, knowing that he was nervous about seeing Cole and meeting Cole’s new husband. No one had really met the man, only spoke to him on the phone and we were all a little cautious about him. We didn’t want to have to hurt him for trying to take Matt’s place, we didn’t want to have to but if it came down to it, we definitely would.

“Shut the hell up, Bliss,” he turned quickly to give me a sharp look. I raised an eyebrow and huffed before I stood and walked over to the other couch; I lay beside Jimmy and pulled Jacoby into my lap.

“Mom,” he whined and Jimmy mimicked him.

“Shut up and let your mommy love on you,” Jimmy gave him a deathly evil look, Jacoby grunted and stuck his tongue out at his uncle. “Oh you did not just do that, child.”

“I did, whatcha gonna do about it, giant?” Jacoby argued, bowing up at Jimmy from my lap. I couldn’t help but laugh, Jacoby had gotten a mouth on him lately because of Jimmy and Johnny and to see him use it to get back at them was even better than scolding them for it.

“Did you- are you going to let him talk to me like that, Bliss?” Jimmy was in shock but not really serious about getting Jacoby into trouble. He was more worried that he’d get in trouble for it.

“Yeah, you created the monster, you deal with it,” I shrugged my shoulders carelessly and laid my head back on his shoulder.

“You’re going down, Keebler elf,” Jimmy threateningly said to my child, who only snorted.

“Bring it, lurch,” Jacoby shot back; I heard Matt and Zacky laughing before I could even process that my kid actually had a comeback, and a good one at that.

“It’s brought-en, shrimp,” Jimmy stood up and fast walked his perturbed little ass away. I laughed softly as Jacoby hopped off me and sat down in Jimmy’s seat.

“How was that?” Jacoby looked around the room for approval, which we all gave him with words of encouragement or smiles, hell; we couldn’t disapprove because we’d all taught it to him. Being a smart ass was like breathing to us, if our kids didn’t turn into sarcastic little assholes and bitches, we weren’t doing our jobs as parents. It was as simple as that, in theory, to us.

“I can’t wait till he hits puberty,” I heard Brian before I felt him sit down behind me and pull me against his chest. He continued talking into my ear, whispering. “Because those are the years you’re going to really regret encouraging him.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Lucky you, I updated!

Comments make me update sooner.