‹ Prequel: Get It Right
Sequel: Go Your Own Way
Status: Finished

Turning Tables

.04

“I know it but while he’s still a child, I’m enjoying it. Plus, it makes Jimmy mad because he can’t one up a six year old,” I smiled to myself as I thought about it, had I heard it from someone else instead of witnessing it daily, I’d think them to be a liar but it was true, they fought daily and Jacoby almost always won.

“I’ll let you enjoy it for a few more years, I guess,” Brian laughed softly; he found it just as funny as I did but he wouldn’t admit it.

“Yeah whatever,” I scoffed playfully and laid my head on his shoulder, I was planning on taking a nap before my children noticed mommy was asleep on the job but it was interrupted right before it began by my wonderful nine year old, nosy daughter.

“Mom?” she called out, I peeked my eyes open and found her an inch from my face. I gasped and she smiled. “When we get to Aunt Cole’s house, can I go swimming?”

“If you take an adult with you, yes you can,” I answered her calmly and stared at her until she walked away. “Why is my child evil?”

“She’s just like her mother,” Brian commented, airily as he text on his phone above my head. I glanced up from the wall I was speaking to myself to and stared at him. “What?”

“Bullshit, her mama isn’t named Synyster Gates,” I retorted and then quickly added. “And with reason.”

“I am not evil, I’m just demented, sinister,” he smiled knowingly as he finished his text and sat his phone down. “If you want a nap you better stop arguing with me and take one before the kids spot you.”

“I love you, you idiot,” I grinned at my teasing; he narrowed his eyes and bit my lip when he kissed me. “Ow, fucking vampire.”

“I love you too, beautiful,” he winked and leaned back against the couch he had his back too.

I curled up to his chest, for what seemed like the fourth time and closed my eyes. “Well fuck…”

“What is it?” I didn’t even want to open my eyes to see what caused my husband to curse and sound so disappointed.

“We’re at Cole’s already,” he chuckled softly, knowing I was going to be grouchy for not sleeping.

“Son of a bitch,” I sighed softly and sat up. I leaned back against the cushion and stared out the window at Cole’s new two story Victorian style house, the type she’d dreamed of. “At least she got one thing she wanted right.”

“Don’t let her hear you being negative, try being nice to her,” Brian shrugged his shoulders carelessly. “I could give a shit less if you ever talked to her again but I know it hurts you to know that she doesn’t want to talk to you. Just do what you do best, be kind. Kill her with kindness, is what they say.”

“Whoever said that was mental, you get no satisfaction out of being nice,” I grunted and stood up. “I’ll do it for Matt and Adele.”

“I’m not exactly excited for this,” Jimmy walked up beside Brian and pulled his shirt down over his pants, it had rode up when he sat down. “We still have Val in tow.”

“It’s Matt’s wife, Cole is going to have to come to grips with the fact that Val is Adele’s step-mother and she’s going to be around,” I explained to Jimmy my logic, it seemed better than what Cole was using.

“Yeah, tell that to your psychopathic sister, okay?” Matt overheard and kept walking by; he was ready to see his daughter and wasted no time getting out of the bus.

“Yeah, because she listened to me so well,” I chuckled sarcastically to myself, even though I knew he hadn’t heard me. I grabbed Jacoby’s hand and helped him down the steps as Danielle followed behind me impatiently. Once she was able to bypass us, she ran up to Matt and grabbed his hand.

"Val said she's going shopping with her sister, she's having Michelle pick her up," Johnny walked up, I grimaced because I really could not stand her back stabbing, airheaded, homewrecking sister.

“Ten bucks says this Ted guy is a douche,” Brian whispered, leaning into me, to get my attention away from Michelle.

“Twenty bucks Matt gets into an argument by tonight,” I replied, competitively.

“Thirty bucks says Matt knocks his face into the dirt,” Brian responded, threatening me to raise the stakes again.

“Forty bucks says mama does,” Jacoby interrupted, we both looked down at our bright eyed son and laughed loudly, he was one hell of a kid.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

If you guys commented more, I'd post more.