‹ Prequel: Get It Right
Sequel: Go Your Own Way
Status: Finished

Turning Tables

.09

“This night has been very eventful,” Brian commented after a moment of silence, no one spoke and no one moved.

“You’re fucking right about that,” Keran said as she took Jacoby from my arms. “You’re not supposed to be lifting anymore more than five pounds, he’s little but he’s no five pound bag of sugar.”

“He’s my son, I wasn’t going to just drop him because he’s heavy,” I rolled my eyes at Keran’s over protective nature; I hadn’t missed that through the beginning of this pregnancy.

“Just shut up,” Keran rolled her eyes at me and started towards the car she and Zacky had come in. “Who is coming with me?”

“I’d rather put the kids in the bunks on the bus,” I pointed towards the bus we arrived on that was parked against the curb.

“Leana grab Reed and follow, please,” Keran called out over her shoulder, Leana nodded to no one in particular and grabbed Reed’s car seat that he was peacefully asleep in and hurried after all of us.

“I have to pee,” I announced and instead of following everyone to the bunks. I followed my own path to the bathroom. When I came out Brian was standing across from the door with his arms crossed over his chest. I opened my mouth to ask what he was doing when I was walked backwards into the bathroom, with his finger on my lips, telling me to be quiet, “What the hell are you doing?” I whispered but as soon as I spoke, his lips attacked my neck. “Brian!”

“Shut up,” he laughed softly as his rough but gentle hands trailed down my bare arms; he grabbed my wrists and locked them above my head.

“What are you doing?” I whispered again as he bent his head and kissed a trail from my jaw to my collar bone. “Brian, we have a bus full of people, we can’t do this.”

“Would you just shut up caring about them?” Brian stood back and pointed at me accusingly. “I’m trying to make you feel beautiful and all you want to do is worry about them.”

“As sweet as it is, right now is not the time,” I patted his chest and moved out of his way. Knowing I had unintentionally pissed him off, I left the bathroom in silence.

~*~*~*~*~

“Is it just me or has Brian been distant towards you lately?” Cole had moved into my house not even two weeks ago and she could spot Brian’s moody days from a mile away.

“It’s not just you,” I answered weakly. “Just this week alone, he’s slept one night in the bed with me. The rest of the time, he’s been at Matt’s until sunrise.”

“Are you two having problems?” Cole asked, wide eyed. To her, Brian and I had the perfect relationship. Though I admit that we are pretty much amazing together, we are far from being perfect.

“We haven’t been, this last week he’s completely ignored my entire existence,” I sighed heavily and sat down beside her at the table.

“Is it because I’m here?’ Cole asked, worried that she’d be breaking us up and she’d be out of a place to live.

“No, Cole. You know Brian loves you like his own sister,” I shrugged that suggestion off. “Maybe he’s just tired of me.”

“I really fucking doubt that. He’d be lost without you, he probably wouldn’t even be able to take a piss right if you left,” Cole laughed at her insult. “But in all seriousness, no that’s definitely not it.”

“To be honest with you, I think he’s feeling smothered. Men don’t do well in long lasting relationships, especially since we were never really teenagers when Danielle came into the picture. He’s probably feeling caged in.”

“What if he was?” Cole asked, her genuine curiosity showed in her eyes.

“I’d let him do whatever the hell he wants to do because I know he’ll come back to me. He always has, always will,” I smiled sadly, but I knew if that was the case, I needed to let Brian free to be a young man, able to flirt and party like his friends.

“Matt never did that? He’s always been a hundred percent dedicated to being a father,” Cole compared but I shook my head, there was no comparison when the situations were different.
♠ ♠ ♠
Banner

Comment for updates.