Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Death

The Final Hiding Place

The dragon had been flying for what seemed like hours, I was holding on easily as my friends started to look a bit cold and scared from the flight, Ron was swearing loudly, I could hear every word he said as I sighed and held on.

“What do you reckon it’s looking for?” Ron yelled, as we flew further north,
“No idea!” Harry called back, I could see my friends were now struggling to hold on as silence taken over us all once again.

“Is it my imagination,” Ron shouted after we flew for what felt like another twenty minutes, “or are we losing height?” Ron asked.

We looked down to see green grass as the landscape was getting closer to us.
“We should jump into that lake over there!” I yelled pointing ahead, “Before it realizes we hitched a ride!” I added, the others nodded as the dragon started flying lower.

I just held on as Harry was deciding when we jumped since I could survive a higher jump then the others.

“NOW!” Harry yelled. I kicked myself off the dragon and dived for the water. Landing in the cold, reed-filled lake I swam back up to the top waiting for my friends to emerge from the water. They all did a few minutes later. I swam for shore, as I reached it I twisted my hair rinsing out the water. I helped Hermione stand.

Hermione pulled out dry robes for all of us as they started stripping,
“Well, on the up side, we got the Horcrux. On the down side-” Ron spoke
“No sword.” Harry finished as they got changed.

Hermione gave me a towel as I pulled off my shirt and changed my bra to the one Hermione had packed for me, drying off I got completely changed into something warmer and comfortable as we stopped to think.

“At least we can’t wear it this time, that’d look a bit weird hanging around our necks,” Ron explained.

I walked away from them as my head started to hurt once again. I sat down by the lake and held my head in both hands, I heard Hermione say something that scared me.

“Harry… are you okay?” I snapped my head around to see Ron and Hermione looking at Harry in worry. I ran over to them as Harry seemed to come too.

“He knows. He knows, and he’s going to check where the others are, and the last one, is at Hogwarts. I knew it. I knew it.” Harry spoke standing up,
“What?” Ron asked in shocked,
“But what did you see? How do you know?” Hermione asked,
“I saw him find out about the cup, I-I was in his head, he’s- he’s seriously angry, and scared too, he can’t understand how we knew, and now he’s going to check the others are safe, the ring first. He thinks the Hogwarts one is safest, because Snape’s there, because it’ll be hard not to be seen getting in, I think he’ll check that one last, but he could still be there within hours-” Harry explained,
“Did you see where in Hogwarts it is?” Ron asked as I helped him up,
“Wait, wait!” Hermione cried, as Harry pulled out his Invisibility Cloak, “We can’t just go we haven’t got a plan, we need to-” Hermione started,
“To be honest Hermione when have any of our plans actually gone according to plan… I mean the mess at Gringotts was clear proof.” I explained.

“We need to get going.” Harry spoke firmly to us all, “Can you imagine what he’s going to do once he realises the ring and the locket are gone? What if he moves the Hogwarts Horcrux, decides it isn’t safe enough?” Harry asked
“But how are we going to get in? That place is guarded like a fortress.” I spoke,
“We’ll go to Hogsmeade, and try to work something out once we see what the protection around the school’s like. Get under the Cloak, Hermione, Mei. I want to stick together.” Harry explained, I looked at Hermione,
“All of us won’t fit under there… if you three go in I don’t mind running around the outside of Hogsmeade… as soon as I sense that you are somewhere safe I’ll run in.” I explained.

Clearly Harry didn’t like the look of that idea.

“Harry… there’s an entire forest next door to Hogsmeade… I’m good at climbing trees remember? Once you guys find a safe spot I’ll jump down and run to you. Nobody will even notice me.” I explained, Harry quickly kissed me as he pulled the cloak over him, Ron and Hermione.