Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Death

The Missing Mirror

I waited in the forest following the presence of my friends. I was sitting on a tree branch as I overlooked Hogsmeade. Every now and again I would see where Harry and the other’s were under the cloak.

They did vanish every now and again but all I needed to do was listen and concentrate then I could sense their movements through the town.

As soon as I heard Harry whisper my name I knew I had to run there in a matter of seconds. I looked at the town and quickly made a map in my head to where they were.

I jumped down the tree and ran through every alley and sometimes from roof to roof to get to Harry, Ron and Hermione’s position. As I jumped down I jumped through the entrance and down the stairs to find my friends with an old man.

I looked around the room as Harry saw a mirror on the wall, which was missing a piece, Harry then pulled out the piece of mirror he had been carrying.

“It’s you I’ve been seeing in the mirror.” Harry spoke, “You sent Dobby.” Harry added as we looked at the man, we’d all probably be dead if he didn’t.
“Thought he’d be with you. Where’ve you left him?” the man asked,
“He’s dead. Bellatrix Lestrange killed him.” Harry explained as I frowned slightly remembering the lovely elf.
“I’m sorry to hear it. I liked that elf.” The man replied, he then started to light the lamps as I walked over to Harry.

“You’re Aberforth.” Harry spoke, we looked at the man again, he didn’t deny it or confirm it. “How did you get this?” Harry asked looking at the mirror.
“Brought it from Dung about a year ago.” Aberforth replied, “Albus told me what it was. Been trying to keep an eye out for you.” Aberforth explained.
“The silver doe, was that you two?” Ron asked excitedly,
“What are you talking about?” Aberforth spoke,
“Someone sent a doe Patronus to us!” Ron replied,
“My Patronus is a goat.” Aberforth answered,
“Oh…” Ron sighed as Aberforth got everybody something to eat.

Though he gave me a glass of something I could smell as soon as I got in the room, I stared at the blood with worry,
“It’s animal blood girl. Drink up, don’t want you feeding on your friends.” Aberforth spoke, I nodded and taken the glass. I looked away from my friends as I drank the blood, it tasted so clean and sweet, the last time I did have blood was when I drank Harry’s… I hadn’t been drinking much since then because I didn’t really feel hungry until the last few days.

I wiped my mouth quickly and placed the glass back on the table as I made sure to finish it,
“Thank you.” I spoke.

“It’s best if you leave now. Everyone’s looking for you all.” Aberforth explained,
“We’re not leaving. We need to get into Hogwarts.” Harry explained,
“Don’t be stupid, boy.” Aberforth looked at him in shock,
“We’ve got to go, Dumbledore gave us a job.” Harry explained,
“Did he now? Nice job, I hope? Pleasant? Easy? Sort of thing you’d expect an unqualified wizard kid to be able to do without overstretching themselves?” Aberforth snapped I glanced at Harry.

This was not an easy job; it was probably one of the worst jobs in the world for a group like us. But we had helped each other through thick and thin and we weren’t about to give up now.

“It’s not easy, no. But I’ve got to-” Harry tried to explain,
“Let it go boy, before you follow him! Save yourself!” Aberforth explained,
“I can’t” Harry retorted,
“Why not?” Aberforth snapped, Harry went to speak but I beat him to it,
“But you’re fighting too, you’re in the Order of the Phoenix-” I started,
“I was. The Order of the Phoenix is finished. You-Know-Who’s wont, it’s over, and anyone’s who’s pretending differently is kidding themselves.” Aberforth snapped.

“Please, understand, we have to do this.” I spoke,
“Give it to someone else.” Aberforth spoke,
“I can’t. It’s got to be me, Dumbledore explained it all-” Harry started,
“Oh, did he now? And did he tell you everything, was he honest with you?” Aberforth explained, “I knew my brother, Potter. He learned secrecy at our mother’s knee. Secrets and lies, that’s how we grew up, and Albus… he was a natural.” Aberforth explained.

Aberforth then looked at the painting in the room it was a young girl, she looked rather pretty in my opinion as I smiled at her.

“Mr. Dumbledore.” Hermione spoke, “Is that your sister? Ariana?” Hermioned asked,
“Yes, been reading Rita Skeeter, have you?” Aberforth snapped.
“Elphias Doge mentioned her to us.” Harry spoke saving Hermione. Aberforth just sighed as he walked over to the painting.

“We still need to get into Hogwarts, even if you’ve given up.” I explained,
“Who says I’ve given up?” Aberforth snapped,
The Order of the Phoenix is finished.” Harry repeated, “ You-Know-Who’s wont, it’s over, and anyone’s who’s pretending differently is kidding themselves.” Harry added.
“I don’t say it like that, but it’s the truth!” Aberforth retorted.
“No, it isn’t. Your brother knew how to finish You-Know-Who and he passed the knowledge onto me. I’m going to keep going until I succeed – or I die. Don’t think I don’t know how this might end. I’ve known it for years.” Harry explained. Aberforth did not retort back or make any more smart remarks.

“There’s only one way in, now,” Aberforth started, “You must know they’ve got all the old secret passageways covered at both ends, Dementors all around the boundary walls, regular patrols inside the school from what my sources tell me. The place has never been so heavily guarded. How you expect to do anything once you get inside it, with Snape in charge and the Carrows as his Deputies… well, that’s your lookout, isn’t it? You say you’re prepared to die.” Aberforth finished,
“But what…?” Hermione stopped when we saw the portrait move.

A tiny dot had appeared on the painting, as the person got closer and closer they became more recognizable to us all as we smiled.

The portrait opened.