Status: Don't be a silent reader! Please Leave A Comment!!

Lust for Death

Test My Theory

I was sitting on the table, as Harry was asleep on there resting his head on the table. I saw him wake up as he moved to check the radio. Snape was apparently Headmaster of Hogwarts. When he went outside I looked in my bag for the perfume Dumbledore gave me.

I sprayed it on and it smelt like strawberries and other fruits, making me smile. Ron woke up and walked out of the tent.

As they walked back inside I stood up,
“Can we try something?” I asked, Harry and Hermione looked at me confused.

We all sat around the table as I bit my lip,
“Why can I smell fruit?” Ron asked,
“It’s the perfume Dumbledore gave me, but do you guys remember why he gave it to me?” I asked,
“To protect you from something you fear the most.” Hermione spoke,
“What do I fear the most?” I asked,
“Human blood.” Harry spoke, I nodded and pulled out a pocketknife.

“Anyone willing to test my theory?” I asked spinning it through my fingers. Harry held his hand out, “I’ll let you do it, I might do cut too deep.” I spoke, Harry nodded, “Just a finger prick will be good enough.” I spoke, Harry taken the pocketknife and cut the top of his finger, a bead of blood appeared on the top. I threw my leg over the bench and tried to smell the blood, but all I got were fruits.

“Well?” Hermione asked, I looked at her,
“I can’t smell it at all.” I spoke,
“Really?” Harry asked, I nodded with a smile as Harry kissed my cheek, “Brilliant.” Harry spoke and went to get something to stop the bleeding.

Ron stood up and went back to bed,
“You’ll have to use the perfume wisely then.” Hermione looked at me, I nodded,
“I only sprayed it once, so I’m going to see how long the smell stays for, as soon as it’s gone I’ll need someone to test it again. And if I can smell the blood, then we know how long the perfume stays.” I suggested Hermione nodded in agreement.

* * *


Because Ron couldn’t apparate just yet we had to start walking from place to place until he was better.

I always walked ahead of the others.

Though as time went by, I could sense my hunger growing.

Not for food.

But for blood.

We stopped under a bridge for a while.

I walked over to Harry, but kept my distance from him, I hugged myself. Harry stood near me and gently pulled me into a hug, I smiled to myself but as I rested my chin on his shoulder I found that my jaw started to ache, feeling his blood running through his veins. I quickly pushed Harry back.

“Sorry…” I spoke and closed my eyes, “Please… just don’t touch me for a while. Ok.” I spoke,
“What’s wrong?” Harry asked,
“I haven’t had a drink in a while.” I spoke, Harry stood still, “I’m all right at the moment, but when we are next in a forest, I have to find something.” I explained, Harry nodded as I sat down, “I feel so unbelievably weak.” I bowed my head down, Harry sat down next to me.

“You know, if it gets that bad… you could always--” Harry started,
“Don’t you dare say it…” I interrupted Harry, “Don’t even think it… please.” I looked at Harry, “I would never forgive myself if I did.” I explained as Harry nodded,
“Ok.” Harry nodded,
“I don’t want to put you guys through that.” I frowned, “I’ll never drink your blood Harry, for a fact.” I explained.