Status: New Story! ^_^

I Love You, but I Fear Love

Chapter Six

"Gee, why won't you tell me where we're going?" I whined from the back seat of their car. Gerard looked at me in his rear view mirror and gave me a sly smile.

"Because, it's a surprise." I stuck out my bottom lip and pouted in the back seat. Mikey laughed at me and I stuck out my tongue at him. I tugged at the hem of my Three Days Grace shirt, waiting to be told where we were meeting Ray and Frank.

We finally pulled up to our destination and Gerard found a parking space. We all got out and I looked around for a sign saying where we were. I finally found one an dread it out loud.

"City Zoo?" I said, though it came out more like a question. Gerard's face fell a bit.

"Oh, do you not want to be here? Because we can go somewhere else..." Gerard said, his tone sad.

"No, no! It's fine! I was just surprised." I gave him a smile and his face lit up. Damn these stupid butterflies in my stomach.

"Come on, are we gonna go, or what?" Mikey said impatiently. I laughed and we all started to walk to the entrance. When we got there, much to my dismay, Gerard insisted on buying our tickets. After a little argument, I finally gave in and he bought the tickets.

We walked in and went on our search for Frankie and Ray. After a while, we finally found them looking at the flamingos.

"Hey, guys!" Gerard said. Both of the teenagers turned and smiled when they saw us.

"Ember!" Frankie yelled, and ran over to tackle me in a hug. For a such a short guy, he's quite strong.

"Fr-Frankie! I c-can't br-breathe!" I said with a laugh. He let go and gave me a giant smile.

"Careful there, Frankie. Don't wanna make Gerard jealous." Mikey gave me a cheeky smile and I felt my cheeks heat up. When I looked over at Gerard, his cheeks were also red. All of the others laughed at us and I stuck out my tongue at them.

"Well, are we gonna get moving or no?" I asked, trying to change the subject. They nodded and we continued our time at the zoo. I'm pretty sure the guys got tired of my 'Awww!'s after a while, but all the animals were so cute!

"So, you guys hungry?" Ray asked as we passed by the food court.

"Food!!" Frankie and I yelled at the same time. We both broke into hysterical laughter. At school, Frankie seems laid back. But when you're with him outside of school, he's even crazier than both me and Gerard combined. But that's what just might make him my new best friend.

"Well, what does everyone want?" Gerard asked, while laughing at Frank and I. We all looked around and my eyes fell onto Subway. When I looked back, I saw that Frank's eyes were also on Subway. I smiled slyly at him and he understood my look. We both looked back at the guys and yelled,

"SUBWAY!" Then, we took off running to the sandwich shop. We made it to the counter and waited for the others to catch up to us. While we were waiting, we both ordered our sandwiches.

Gerard, Ray, and Mikey finally ordered and after another dispute of who would pay, Ray and I paid and we all sat down to eat.

after we all finished, we went to the 'Bat Cave', which is where the bats were held. Now, I may possibly have a slight phobia of darkness, so when we walked in, I grabbed someone's hand without thinking. Guess who's hand it was.

I barely saw Gerard's face as he smiled. I felt my cheeks heat up and was actually happy for the dark. But I didn't let go of his hand, and he didn't let go either.

All of the bats were sleeping, which wasn't too big of a surprise, but I was still afraid that one was going to swoop down and attack me, so I was fairly jumpy. We finally made it out of the cave and I don't think I was ever that grateful for the sun.

"Well well, what do we have here?" Ray asked with a suggestive lift of his eyebrow. I realized that I still had Gerard's hand in my death grip. I tried to let go, but Gee held my hand tighter and gave me a smile.

It's fine. Is what I read in his eyes. I relaxed a bit and turned to Ray.

"I got scared in the cave, so I took Gee's hand. Is that such a bad thing?" I asked. They were actually shocked at my straight-forward answer and they were speechless. I smiled sweetly and turned to continue our journey in the zoo.

We walked into the polar bear area and I was overwhelmed with their adorableness.

"They're so cute!" I squealed. And that, they were. I pulled Gerard over to the underwater window thing and I felt the huge smile on my face as a polar bear passed by it.

"They're so adorable. And they're so pretty, too." My cheeks were starting to hurt, but I was too happy. I love animals.

"They're not the only ones who are pretty." I looked up and met Gerard's hazel eyes that were getting closer by the second. Our lips were centimeters apart and this time, Mikey wasn't there to interrupt.

Our lips met and sparks instantly flew. My eyes fluttered closed in a short moment of bliss. We pulled away after a while and I realized what I just did. He smiled at me and I couldn't help but smile back.

Well, November, I hope you plan on putting a bed in the hole you've been digging for yourself, because I don't think you're getting out anytime soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
Ha, they finally kissed! ^_^ I love zoos =]

Seven subscribers!!!! I love you all!!!! X]

Comment and Subscribe?

xoxo
Lexxi