Status: On going

Right Girl

We are an example of why not to fall in love

"Garrett!! You can’t just flip the page all of a sudden. We’re sharing one book, remember?” I sighed in between words. Studying with Garrett was hard than I expected it to be.

“I’m sorry” He smiled.

We became quiet as we copied the important words with its meaning and sentences from the book down to our own notebook. I flipped through the pages when I know Garrett was done copying until I flipped to this page..

“Yes!” exclaimed.

“Yes what?” Garrett asked curiously.

“Yes, I will go to the prom with you!”

There was this big paper, covering the entire page of the book that says; will you go out to the prom with me, Sam?

Garrett frowned and shook his head, “I didn’t put that there”

I groaned and closed the book from disappointment, “Oh, I thought you did. No one else can do this so I thought you did this”

Garrett chuckled and opened the book where the paper was at, “I was just joking. Of course, I did this. I want you to be my prom date and I want every single male there to be jealous because I have the most precious girl in the whole wide world” He said and brushed my hair back to my ears.

I slapped his arm playfully and stuck out my tongue, “I hate you. I hope you know that”

Garrett looked at me and became quiet. He suddenly kissed me on the cheeks until I give up on my hatred for him, “Okay, okay, I don’t hate you” I giggled.

“I know” He replied and pulled out the paper from the book.

I grabbed the paper from his hands and placed it on my drawer, where it can’t be lost and crumpled.

Sabrina entered the room, jumping all over the place, “Garrett, can I borrow Sam for a minute?” She asked. Garrett nodded and smiled as Sabrina pulled me out from the room.

Garrett Nickelsen:

I continued to copy some of the notes for our upcoming exam when I heard Sabrina and Sam shout excitingly. It wasn’t my business so I didn’t bother knowing what it was.

Sam came towards the room with a big smile on her face as she sat down next to me on the floor, “You have a gig later, right?” She asked.

“Yes, we do. You promised you’ll come” I replied as I pinched her nose.

Sam pushed my hands away and pouted, “I will. Don’t worry; I’ll be there, smiling at you while girls scream your name even though they can’t see your face because you always move around”

“Don’t wear a dress” I added.

“I won’t” She answered back.

Sam and I continued to copy notes but while copying, the thoughts about prom continued to block my mind from what I’m writing; it was all in my head. How will she look like? Do we look good together? All the small stuffs like that.

“Garrett, have you thought about college?” Sam suddenly asked, it made me back to reality.
“I don’t think I’ll go to college. I want to focus on the band more” I answered honestly.

“You can come with us on tour if you want or if we’ll have a record deal” I added back while I know Sam was staring at me.

I dropped my pen and looked at her but it was too obvious that she wasn’t happy that time. Something is bothering her, “Sam, tell me” I whispered.

“I’ll go to college in LA and I’ll stay with my Sabrina. I’m going to get my entrance exam there” She said slowly.

“Y-y-you’re going to leave?” I asked while I stuttered.

“Garrett, you’re going to leave too! In a band, you’ll go around different places to tour, to share music; you won’t be here in Arizona all the time!” She hissed.

“You’ll wait?” came out from my mouth.

“What?” She exclaimed.

“Fuck it, Sam. What I meant was, will you wait for me when I get back? Because I’ll go to LA every time I want to just to see you. If the band gets successful, will you wait for me to come back?”

Sam nodded and sighed, “Even if I have to wait every day. Even if, I’m at LA, I’ll try and come back her to Arizona when you get back”

I nodded and embraced her, “When are you going to leave?”

“After prom” Sam answered.

I hugged her even tighter and sighed, “Wow. That was so sudden. I can call you when you can’t sleep; I’ll try to pretend embracing you when you’re asleep already just like what I used to do before”

Sam pulled out from the hug and giggled, “So you did those hugs on purpose?!” She laughed.

I nodded and smiled, “Why? I like hugging you!”

“I know. You do it all the time” She giggled.

Sabrina came running down to the room with a big bag on her hands. I pulled back from Sam when I noticed Sabrina glaring at me, “And I thought the two of you were studying” She uttered.

“I just told Garrett that I’ll move to LA with you after prom” Sam looked at me with a smile on her face.

We weren’t saying goodbye. No one was. I never imagined myself not being with Sam every day like I used to even though I know it may happen because of the plan. We’re not separating for good, just for the mean time.

“Well, what plan do you guys have now?” Sabrina asked.

“The guys will have a gig later. Want to come?” Sam asked back.

“John would love it!” I added.

“Shut up and no, I can’t come. I have guests” She answered and walked away

“She has guests” Sam mocked.

&&

During the afternoon, I left Sam’s house to have a band practice for the gig that night. Kennedy drove me to John’s house and ate afternoon snacks there.

“So, is Sam going to come?” Pat asked.

“Of course, why would Garrett not invite her?” Kennedy answered for me.

“I like hugging her. She’s like a teddybear” Pat added with a loud laugh.

“Pat, Garrett’s here” Jared joked.

Kenned patted my back when they noticed I was very quiet and not giving a fuck about what their talking about, even though, it concerns Sam.

“Hey, are you alright?” John asked.

I nodded but soon took it back, “Sam’s leaving in about 3 weeks. She’s going to move to LA because she’ll go to college, guys”

John suddenly talked and sighed, “Think of it for her future, Garrett. She’ll have a better future. Does she know that you’re upset about it?”

I shook my head and forced a smile, “And she will never know about it”

It was almost time for our gig but Sam wasn’t answering my calls. I felt suddenly felt nervous and the need to throw up but then John appeared beside me and pulled me to this small room.

“So, how are you and Sam?” He asked.

“I asked her to prom” I answered.

“A part of me is happy for the both of you, a part of me feels bad for her because it all started with a lie” He continued.

“Let’s just forget about the record deal; that I used her because of her father, John” I exclaimed.

“I know you love her, Garrett” John trailed off.

“I can’t see her walk away from my life because of that shit” I repeated this line for a thousand times already to John.

The door opened up with a loud bang, “I think you just made me walk away right now” Sam was looking at John and I. She didn’t say more and she closed the door.

"Shit!” I shouted once Sam closed the door.

“You idiot! Follow her!” John ordered.

I ran out of the room and saw Sam talking to someone older. It looks like her father. When Sam saw me coming near her she left her father and ran outside the venue. Out of all the people in the bar, my eyes are only stuck on her so it wasn’t hard for me to find her. Even in a large group of people, I can only look at Sam.

“Sam! Wait!” I shouted.

“What do you want from me?!” Sam yelled back.

“You! I want you!” I argued.

Sam laughed sarcastically, “You know, if you want the record deal, it’s there! My dad’s there because I forced him to fly here just to watch you play and maybe, your dream of having a record deal might come true! But I didn’t know you were only fooling me since the beginning, Garrett”

I tried to hold her but she’s just pulling away, “Sam” I called out.

The tears appeared from her eyes, “I changed to this because of you. I became someone who I thought I wouldn’t be because of you, Garrett. Now I’m regretting all of these!”

“I’m sorry!” I cried out.

“No, I won’t believe in your lies again!”

Even though it pained me to see her walk away, I don’t want to add up the hurt in her chest anymore. She experiences so much and all I did was to add up more.

Samantha Brooks:

I walked away from his at this lonely night. My body became numb, I don’t know if it’s me or my body. I don’t feel the hurt, I got used to it but I guess my tears haven’t. I don’t want to be fucking in love any more, if it’ll all end up like this.

The magical feeling that everyone wants to feel, was the feeling I never want to experience again because it made me realize, people can be such jerks because of it too. I was such an idiot not to realize at first.

I walked walked and walked some more. Just release the pain I have in my chest and just to think stuffs through without anyone interrupting me.

My phone started to ring; it was my dad calling me while in the middle of the gig. Not to make him upset; I answered the call, “Hi dad”

“Hey, Samantha, can you hear me? The band is so great! I’m going to sign them up!” My dad, out of all the people, was happy because of the guys. I’m happy for them, but a part of me that feels bitter.

I reach through my bag to cap my cap and continued walking down to the park I saw, not too far from the gig place. There I cried my heart out like I never felt hurt before. I looked at the stars and sighed,

“Fuck. I remember Garrett the star”
I looked at my hands and it was shaking, maybe because I was cold despite the Arizona weather. I’ve never felt so alone like this again ever since Garrett knocked on my door.

“Wearing a cap on a night time” Someone said behind me.

I didn’t look because I know who it was. I didn’t even bother answering him because I don’t want him to look at my face.

“Hi Sam” John sat beside me on the bench.

“Hi John” I replied while my head was hanging down.

I was still crying but I guess, I was an expert when it comes to hiding my feelings. Not until then, John grabbed the cap from my head.

“Why would you wear a cap?--- Oh, I’m sorry” John placed back my cap on my head when he noticed I was crying but trying to hide it from him.

“Garrett was looking all over for you” John uttered but I didn’t answered back.

“I loved your friend, John. But it was all a lie” I suddenly said.

“He loved you. But it all started with a lie, until it became real” He replied.

Until it became real. I don’t know what or who am I going to believe in. I walked out from his life, when just a while ago, he was hugging me because I was moving to LA. Everything is a lie.

Everything I thought was real was a lie. He made me believe, he made me fall in love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Class got suspended due to heavy rain. :-----)
Hi!