Status: On going

Right Girl

Who am I going to trust now?

Many weeks passed and I can’t find a right time and a right place to talk to her. She’s so near me and yet I feel like she’s so far away. I can’t touch her but she’s the only person I want to hug right now. I can’t look at her without her catching me; but she’s the only person I could look at all day. I can’t even talk to her; I simply miss her voice.

This girl changed my life and as of now, she won’t let me take a step to take her back. I know she hates me so much right now but I can promise that I’ll do anything just to have her back again.

“Hey, you’re spacing out!” Lisa banged her books on my table as she tries to figure out where my eyes are landing.

“Gar? Garrett?” I can hear Lisa very clearly but I can’t get my eyes off of Sam as she talks to other people.

But I didn’t notice that Lisa was serious into talking to me. She grabbed my face and forced me to look at her. I noticed her face was boiling from irritation, “Geez! Garrett Nickelsen, fucking look and listen to me!”

“What do you want to say?! If you’re going to call me stupid or a moron or an idiot, go! I know I deserve it!” I gripped on my shirt when the memories from that day happened.

“Garrett” Lisa’s voice became soft. She placed her hands on my shoulders to calm me down, “No, I won’t call you anything like that”

I lowered my head and sighed, “I lost her and I’m regretting everything”

Lisa levelled her head with mine as she tries to look at my eyes, “Both of you are hurting. You can’t hide that, she can’t hide it either. This is just her way of trying to move on. Garrett. Why won’t you just move on like what she is trying to do?”

I moved my head to look at Lisa very slowly, “It’s not that easy!” I exclaimed.

“Not easy at first. But you can soon live without her” She answered back with a smile on her eyes.

“I don’t want to give up” I added.

“But Garrett...”

I hugged Lisa as I try to compose myself. I feel very weak. Maybe Lisa is right. Maybe what I want to happen is the right thing. I don’t know who to listen to anymore.

Samantha Brooks:

I glanced at him more than twice. Seeing him makes me weak in the knees. It was not a joke to be played at; to be fooled by the one you love. But I have to get over it, I have to survive without him, even though, I'm pretty sure he’s the only person I want to be with.

“Sam, is your sister going back here soon?” A classmate of mine asked.

“I hope so. I miss her already” I slight grin appeared on my face.

While talking to my classmates at the corner of our room, Garrett caught my eyes when I saw him talking to Lisa. I tried not to be noticeable by the others that I wasn’t paying attention to their story but I felt a pain in my chest when I saw Garrett hugged Lisa so tight.

It’s not that I’m jealous because I had a hint on the corner of my mind that maybe they’re getting back together. No, not jealous. Just envy.

“... I hate that bitch. She thinks she can get all the guys that she wants” I heard someone mentioned.

“Who are you talking about?” I asked the person talking.

“You don’t know? Lisa. It’s Lisa” She repeated.

I sighed and giggled, “You know what, don’t talk shit about my friend. You don’t know her. I don’t even know you. You just came up to me and start blabbing about my sister and how you admire her. I appreciate you for talking to me but don’t ever say something shitty about my friend!”

“Sam?” Lisa called. I didn’t notice I was talking with a loud voice.

I looked back at Lisa and sighed. “Sam, is she really your friend? I mean, she hated you at first. She still hates you” My classmate argued.

“She does not. In fact, she was the person who was there when none of you were. You don’t even know me that much. Why would I even listen to someone like you?” I shot back with all confidence.

“Oh my God! You don’t know anything, do you? Lisa was only there because she wanted to know what is happening between you and Garrett. Yes, she [i[cares, but that was only pretend” She explained.

My eyes are still fixed on Lisa; trying not to listen to someone I only talked to now. I won’t believe this person because I treated Lisa as my friend. I treated her as my sister.

“.. She was only there because she was waiting for the time that you would give up on Garrett. Why? Obviously because she still likes Garrett”

I stood from my chair and stood straight in front of my classmate who is saying such hurtful things, “I told you, stop talking shit about my friend

"Oh, Sam, are you wondering why am I revealing all this stuff right now? Because I was watching her moves since the day you got close to Garrett. Everyone knows he loves Garrett oh so much.."

Everyone stopped doing their own stuff and listened to my classmates revelations.

Should I even listen to this person talking? Or should I pretend to be deaf for a minute or two to save my friendship with Lisa. Because I believe she meant what she said that she is sorry for what she did to me.

"... She doesn't want anyone to get close to Garrett. Poor Garrett, trapped in the hand of a bitch like Lisa. How do I know this? She did the same thing to me!"

"She did what to you?" I questioned with comfort over flowing from my voice.

"Well, she befriended me and acted like she was my best friend. I fell on her trap. She comforted me when I had a fight with my ex until the day Lisa told me to give up on him. Lisa told me he wasn't worth it. I listened until one day I found out, Lisa was dating him. Smart, isn't it?"

I walked up to Lisa, trying to avoid looking at Garrett and pulled her hand. I dragged her to the nearest comfort room and locked the door behind me.

“Hi Lisa” I greeted her with a smile on my face.

“Sam! Didn’t you hear her?!” Lisa shouted.

“I did! But you’re my friend, Lisa! How can I listen to that shit when I know you’re my friend!” I argued

“Sam, what she said was true! I don’t like you!” Lisa pushed me to the wall and giggled.

“You believed my lies? You really thought I changed? You are stupid!” Lisa pushed me away and left the comfort room.

I fell on the floor due to my weak knees. I hugged it tightly as it shivered from the coldness of the tiles on the floor. All those times when I told her almost everything I felt for Garrett.. All those times, she was in pain but she can’t tell. Who can I trust now? Who? There’s no one left.

I don't hate her. I don't. I pity her. All those time, she was in pain when I was having fun with Garrett. But how can she do such a thing to me? Or even to Garrett?

“Sam!” Someone smashed the door open. But it wasn’t a surprise for me to know who it was.

“Garrett, I’m fine!” I shouted. I was confident enough to say that the person who was looking for me was Garrett.

“Nope, not Garrett” caught my attention.

My eyes went wide open as soon as the person said that he was not Garrett. I turned my head and looked up to the unknown person.

“Oh, I thought you were Garrett” I said shyly and forced a smile.

“H-h-hi, I’m Cameron” He smiled

“Hi Cameron. Sorry if I called you Garrett” I chuckled, trying to put the pain away even for just a second.

Cameron offered me a hand and helped me stood up from the floor, “I got nervous when I heard a loud bang. Then, Lisa came out here. So I got scared and checked what that noise was”

I fixed my shirt and smiled at him, “Thanks, Cameron. Wait, Cameron?”

Cameron reached his hand out, “Cameron Hurley”

I grabbed his hand and shook, “Hi, I’m Sam Brooks”

“I know you since freshmen year. I never got the chance to talk to you because we never get to have a same class” Cameron looked on the floor and chuckled.

“Really? That’s a waste. Wait, you’re a varsity player!” I exclaimed and covered my mouth from surprise.

“Yes. I am, why?”

“Oh, nothing, I just got surprised. Anyway, I have to go. I still have classes” I smiled.

Cameron waved with his hands holding his books, “See you. Take care, Sam”

He slowly went out of the comfort room. I looked at myself on the mirror and how messy my hair is, how dirty my shirt is when I hit the trash can when Lisa pushed me. I looked like a mess but I’m not in the mood to fix myself anymore.

I heard someone opened the door again, “Uh, Sam?”

I stared at Cameron’s reflection on the mirror, “Yes, Cameron?”

“Uh, can I walk you to your class?” He offered.

“Uh, Cameron.. I think, uh, sure"

&&

We were laughing and talking about how we didn’t get the chance to talk during our freshman to junior years. We’re batchmates and I see him not all the time because he usually spends his time at gym.

“So, I’ll take it from here” I smiled and grabbed the door knob.

“See you later then” He raised his hand and waved good bye.

I entered the room and the thought about me being surely late slipped in my mind, “Ms. Brooks, where have you been?” Our home room teacher asked.

“You’re late!” She exclaimed while she tries to find her pen.

I walked fast to my seat and I didn’t notice at first that Garrett was not beside me. His sit was empty and his things are also gone.

“Ms. Brooks, are you with Nickelsen, Garrett?” My teacher asked with her terrifying eyes.

“No, Ms. I was in the CR and I didn’t see him anywhere”

To be honest, I got worried. It wasn’t like him to skip class like this. He only did it once but he said he wouldn’t do it again since we’re graduating; he wants to have a good record.

"Ms. Evans, may I be excused?"

"Why, Ms. Brooks?"

"My stomach hurts so bad. I need to go to the clinic"

Our teacher gave me the go signal and took off the room without even realizing how fast I walked and I didn't even looked at my classmates before heading out.

"Where the fuck is Garrett?" I asked myself.

I can't believe I was looking for him. I can't believe I'm so worried because he's not there beside me. I can't even believe I'm sweating so hard right now because I don't know where to start looking for him.

"Fuck Garrett! Show yourself!" I shouted at the empty corridor.

"Why are you looking for me?" Someone spoke behind me.

"Garrett?"

"Sam, why are you shaking?" He asked when I turned myself to look at him.

I miss you so much, okay. I know what you did was so wrong and I'm still in pain but I want you back, Garrett. No, I don't. Wait, I still need to fix my mind. I don't know. I'm miserable without you but it's not even easy to forget what you did to me but Garrett-- But..

I shook the though away and forced myself to look at him, "Ms. Evans is looking for you, Garrett"

I started to walk away. Looking at him like that was so awkward and I can't stand it anymore to be standing face to face with him.

I was half way far from him when he shouted with a gentle voice, "Did you just look for me because she asked you to? Or did you excused yourself to look for me because you're worried where I am?"

I closed my eyes and sighed, "Just go back to the room, Garrett"

"Answer me!"

I was fucking worried
♠ ♠ ♠
Op haii guys :-----)
it's been weeks. Sorryyyyyy
School suxxx op