Status: On going

Right Girl

This is a different story

“You have got to at least eat something!”

It was the 10th time that John, Kennedy, Pat and Jared tried to force me to put something inside my empty stomach. It’s not that I’ve been skipping meals or anything; it’s just that I’m not in the mood to eat something or even drink something. I skipped break times at school today and just slept. Since I didn’t get enough sleep from last night because.. I’ve been thinking.

“Eat some soup! It’s not even easy to cook normal soup, you know?” Kennedy groaned and grabbed the bowl of soup and tries to shove the spoonful of soup in my mouth.

Everyone was too busy with their own business that they’re not in the mood to stop Kennedy from disturbing me.

Ever since the day that I ended things up with him, the four boys of The Maine started to spend more time with than before.

Luckily, my phone rang when Kennedy was close enough of putting the spoonful of soup inside my mouth. I kicked him aside and his precious soup dripped on his pants, “Really, Sam? Really?” He exclaimed.

I looked at him with a sorry face and grabbed my phone from my bag, “Hello?”

“Samantha Brooks, hey!”

”Hey? Who’s this?”
I asked with such curiosity hitting my head because of the unfamiliar voice of the caller.

“Cameron, remember?”

I chuckled a little and replied, “Oh yeah, I remember you very well”

“I was just wondering if you’re busy right now”


Before answering back to Cameron’s question, I looked back at the people beside me: John was busy switching channels, Kennedy was busy smelling his soup, Pat and Jared is busy arguing about a cheese brand name. I rolled my eyes and went back to Cameron.

“Nope, not busy at all”

“Want to grab a coffee?”
Cameron suggested.

“Yeah, sure. Where?”

“The cafe at the corner street of our school, is that alright?”
He laughed.

“Yeah, not a problem. I’ll be on my way”

I grabbed my bag after I ended my conversation with Cameron, “Where are you going?” John asked without lifting his eyes from the television screen.

“Meeting a friend” I responded quickly.

“Guy friend or a girl friend?” Pat interrogated.

"Is she lesbian now?" Kennedy teased.

Pat hit Kennedy with a pillow straight to the face and laughed, "No, she's not! Just bisexual, you idiot!"

After a minute, the two start to have an argument about my sexuality until I finally realize that Cameron might be waiting, "Guys! Stop it! I am not bisexual or lesbian!"

Kennedy and Pat looked at each other and frowned. I almost forgot to answer their question, “Uh, guy friend. Bye guys!” I closed the door shut before they can even ask me another question.

I was fixing my bag to check if I got all my things when I crashed into someone. I felt my keys from my pocket fell, “Sorry” I mouthed as I bent down to get my keys.

“It’s alright”

I glanced up and to see Garrett looking down at me with an emotionless face, “Where are you heading to?” He asked.

“To meet a friend at the coffee shop” I scratched my neck and gazed at the ground and how awkward my feet were that time.

“Oh” was his only answer.

“I got to go now. Bye, Garrett”

I felt him grip on my wrist which made me felt uneasy, “Do we have to be like this?” He suddenly asked.

“To be what?”

“Don’t pretend to be innocent. I can see the pain in your eyes when you see me, but I can also see the excitement it gives you when you catch me glance at you, Sam” He said in almost a whisper.

“Garrett, I got to go”

“Is this the only way to not answer my questions? I kept on asking you but kept on avoiding my question, Sam!” He cried.

I pulled my wrist when I got the chance and turned back at him, “I just don’t want to talk to you, Garrett. It’s hard to talk, you know”

I held onto my bag strap as I took another step far from him. He wants to get me back, I know. I have a feeling that he wants to change everything and to make it right, but I also have a feeling that he’ll break my heart over and over again.

“Hey Garrett!” I heard Pat call from the front door.

I took a last look in the corner of my eye; Garrett was still in the same position as he is a while ago when he was talking to me.

“Yeah, I’m coming!” He answered back.

&&

“Are you serious?” Cameron laughed.

“Yes, I am!” I answered back.

“You really don’t know me even back then, huh?” He wondered as he sip on his cup of coffee.

“Nope. Not a single clue, Cameron” I smiled followed by a joyful laugh.

“So, still with Garrett Nickelsen?”

I smiled at him awkwardly, bit my lower lip and shook my head, “Nope. We’re not”

“Oh, sorry about that” He apologized as soon as he heard my answer.

“I really thought you’re going to last” He added and looked away.

“Not all fairytales end with a happy ending; this is a different story with a sad ending” I answered frankly.

Cameron looked at him and held my chin, “You know, you look beautiful when you small than when you frown”

It took me second to understand and to let the statement sink in, “Oh! Really?”

“Yes, smile, Samantha!” He giggled.

Garrett Nickelsen:

“So, do you have any idea where Sam is heading to?” John asked as soon as I reached the couch.

“To meet a friend, that’s what she said” I answered while grabbing some chips.

“You’re not going to do anything about it? Seriously?” Kennedy questioned.

“I can’t. I tried to make a move but she’s the one pushing me away already. I told you that before, guys” I let out a loud depressed sigh.

“Maybe she’s still scared. You see, it’s obvious that she still likes you and all but the problem is, she might be scared that maybe and just maybe, you’ll break her heart again like what you did last time” John answered seriously.

“You are running out of time! Oh--- wait, you want to spy on her guys?” Pat suggested with a huge grin on his face.

“That’ll be fun!” Jared rode along.

“Yeah, yeah, yeah!” Kennedy shouted.

“That’s not a good---“

“Oh, come on, Garrett!” John cut me off before I can even finish my sentence.

&&

We went to the said coffee shop and they were not that hard to find. They were at a table in front of the mirror, not hard to spy, not hard to see.

“Guys, let’s just stop this!” I shouted but no one listened to what I said.

“Fine, do it!” I exclaimed.

We were in the van not too far from the coffee shop and not too close also. Sam and the guy were laughing and I never felt so depressed like this again. She was happy now, what can I do to beat that record?

Samantha Brooks:

I know I’m smiling on the outside, but in the inside, it’s so hard to be both sad and happy. The sadness is overflowing and the happiness is not really there at all. I was just forcing myself to smile.

“Do you have a partner already for the Senior’s ball?” Cameron asked.

“Nope, no one” I smiled

“Can I ask you as my date for the ball?”

It took a minute for me to remember...

6 weeks ago:

“Yes!” exclaimed.

“Yes what?” Garrett asked curiously.

“Yes, I will go to the prom with you!”

There was this big paper, covering the entire page of the book that says; will you go out to the prom with me, Sam?

Garrett frowned and shook his head, “I didn’t put that there”

“Oh, I thought you did. No one else can do this so I thought you did this”

Garrett chuckled and opened the book where the paper was at, “I was just joking. Of course, I did this. I want you to be my prom date and I want every single male there to be jealous because I have the most precious girl in the whole wide world”


&&

I came back to the present time when Cameron snapped his fingers in front of my face, "Hey, Sam?" He called.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure, I'll be your date"
♠ ♠ ♠
YAYYYY I UPDATED AGAIN :-----------)
I'll write a new story.
Title: Mannequin.
It's a Jess Bowen/ Stephen Gomez again. :) :)