Status: On going

Right Girl

Go get her

Samantha Brooks:

“Are you sure you’re okay being alone? Because seriously, you look very sick” John placed his palm on my forehead as he tries to check my body temperature.

“Seriously, Sam. You are sick” He continued as we walk up to the house’s front door.

“I’m fine, John. I can handle myself. I’ve been living here alone for about 4 years already. I can absolutely handle myself, Sir” I laughed and held on his arm to make him feel less nervous for me.

I stopped walking then John stopped after. I turned his shoulders to look at me as I said, “You’re really a sweetheart, John. I don’t even get it why you’re single though” I laughed.

John looked away and nodded, “Yeah, you’re right. For me, relationship sucks, girl. But I know this couple who almost made me believe that relationships are worth trying”

I bit my lower lip and asked, “Who are the lucky people?”

“Uh, you really want to know?”

“Yes, very much. We should thank them; they made your point of view about love, somehow, different, right?” I smiled.

“Well, it’s you and Garrett”

My hands fell from his shoulders to my side. Acting like I wasn’t surprised, I pinched his cheeks and laughed, “Well, we sure are lucky, aren’t we, John?”

John grabbed my hand left hand as he intertwines it with his and swings it to the air just like kids, “I know you’re strong. You can surpass anything that you’re dealing with right now. Samantha Brooks will always be Samantha Brooks for me”

I hugged John so tight. Never have I hugged a friend like this. Because I felt like I was not really alone in this world. There was still some people who cares and thinks about me when I thought they already have abandoned me, “Seriously John, I want to thank you. You’re words, you’re actions, everything. Thanks, John”

“Aww, babe. You can cry on my shoulders if you want to. I’m just a text or call away. If you need anything, I’ll be here for you, sweetheart” John chuckled as he embraced me tight.

“John, you’re name callings are getting out of hand. But thanks, I love you”

“I love you too, Sam. Take care of yourself, okay”

I pulled away as John turned around to get back to his car. I waved good bye as so did he. But it didn’t mean good bye forever. John never left. None of the boys did. Only one, I guess.

I was looking for my keys when suddenly, someone tapped my shoulders. To the thought it was John, I laughed and said, “John, I’ll be fine. Really, I can be--”

“Oh, hi, Cameron”

“Sam, I’m sorry”

I sighed and rolled my eyes, “I said, it was okay, Cameron. You know what, I feel like the word ‘sorry’ is so over rated nowadays”

Cameron grabbed my hands and I can tell that he was very sorry: by the way he talks; his voice was shaking and his hands are trembling and cold. “Sam, I really am. I didn’t mean it like that” He tried to explain.

I smiled at Cameron, “I accept your apology. I’m sorry very sorry for the way I acted at your place too. It wasn’t right. I wasn’t in the mood and I feel very sick, sorry”

“You look very pale, Sam. I think you need to rest”

I nodded and grabbed my bag, “You want some coffee? I can make some. It’s really cold right now”

Cameron let go of my hands and smiled, “Yes, I would like to have a cup of coffee”

As w were talking a yellow car passed by the house. My eyes were easily caught by the car and how it looked very similar to Garrett’s car, “He’s here?” I said in a question tone.

“Who?” Cameron asked.

“Garrett”

Cameron grabbed my bag and tried to search for my keys for me, “If you’re with me, I won’t allow you to talk about Garrett, think about Garrett or even mention his name. I’m helping you to move on, Sam. Aha! Found the key!”

Cameron showed me the key, like a kid who found a penny on the floor, “Let’s go and drink some coffee” He suggested and held the door open for me.

&&

“You never told me you like someone! Oh my gosh, I thought I’m your friend, bitch!” I shouted at Cameron as I kicked his feet on the sofa, taking as revenge because he slapped my hand twice.

“I never tell anyone that I like someone! I never thought it would be a big deal, I never thought someone would even care if I liked anyone now” He laughed and took a sip from his coffee.

“Well, I’m a friend. As a friend, I want to know who the person is” I smiled.

“I’ll tell when the time comes. I don’t think it’s the right time. She likes someone else and it’s a pain in the ass for me, Sam. She’s a friend, okay” Cameron cleared out.

“Oh, you have chance because she’s a friend. Why is it a pain in the ass?”

Cameron cleared his throat before answering and sighed, “She can’t forget the guy. It sucks because I’ve done so many things just for her to forget him but it was no use. She still likes the guy”

I looked at Cameron. It was very obvious in his eyes that he liked the girl very much but he can’t do anything to have her, “You want me to talk to her?” I offered.

Cameron stood from his seat and shouted, “No! No! It’s fine. Time will pass and I believe she can forget the stupid guy”

I covered my mouth to prevent myself from laughing at his actions, “Okay! Just calm down, Hurley. It’s not a life and death situation”

I pulled Cameron down to sit beside me again, “The right time will come. Whoever deserves you will come, in the right time, at the right place. Don’t hurry”

“Your love quotes are killing me, don’t you know that?” He joked.

“Ha ha ha, what a funny man. I’d kill you if you weren’t only my friend”

I rested my head on his shoulders as he rested his head on top of mine, “Just wait, it’ll come” I continued to point out.

I felt Cameron’s head move, agreeing to what I am saying, “Yup, I know. I’m just a sucker for the feeling, I think. Everyone experienced it. I experienced it but it wasn’t actually the way I wanted it to be. Love is overrated. It killed the society by losing its meaning”

I giggled and pointed at his cheeks, “Oh, spending to much time on the internet”

He looked at me at a weird way and hissed, “Whatever Samantha. But is it great when you’re with him? I’m not going to say his name just like what I promised”

“You also said that we weren’t going to talk about him, or rather, him and me”

“Oh, yeah, sorry”

There was silence between us. He really wanted to know how it feels but I don’t know if I should talk about it? I’m trying to move on and thinking about the past won’t help. But Cameron’s my friend and he deserves to know the past too.

Tik. Tok. Tik. Tok.

It was still silent. No one’s talking, but we’re both breathing at the same time. No one’s moving, but I know he wants to. Only the sound of the clock ticking, the cars passing by and the sound of the vibration of his phone can be heard. How silent can we be?

“Being with someone you like is the greatest feeling ever because you know he’s there in reality and not just your dream. It felt like everything’s perfect, every minute, every second, every hour. You actually want to be with them all the time but you just can’t. One disadvantage is: once the feeling’s gone, it’s hard to move on from the memories and the feeling they left you”

Every word, he was listening. He understood me very well. Nodding like he was there when it all happened, “Cameron, do you get it?” I asked though I know what his answer will be.

“Yes, everything”

I yawned. My eyes are really heavy from all the pretending I did a while ago and the sick feeling I have. But then Cameron was still fully awake and ready to have a story telling with me. I got curious of his stories so I tried my best to keep my eyes fully open and my ears too.

“I had a girlfriend before” He shared.

I looked at him with a shocked expression then asked, “What? What happened?”

“We broke up. Same story: love was gone. We ended things. She went the other way; I walked at the opposite way. Same things, Sam”

“Well, for me, you deserve someone better”

Garrett Nickelsen:

How hard it is to see them together again when I expected things to fall into place again. You never know what will happen tomorrow or the next day or the next next day. It’s all fucked up, I guess.

“Hey, Garrett” Kennedy reached for a high five. I was not in the mood, but not to disappoint him, I did what he wants.

“It’s been years since I last stepped on your door, Garrett” Pat looked around like he was a tourist in a museum.

“Yup, Nickelsen’s residence will always be something new to the eyes once in a while” Jared added up to Pat’s.

I jumped on my couch and switched on the TV, “so, wine? Beer? Vodka? Anything?” I asked.

“Nope. I’m fine” Jared answered.

“I’m not in the mood to drink” Kennedy replied.

I turned my head left then right while looking at them. Is this real? They turned down my offer for alcohol? Am I dreaming or this is hell? Shit man. Over-acting as it sounds, but is this the reality?

“Where’s John?” Jared looked at Pat, waiting for answers.

“Don’t ask me, I don’t know anything” Pat answered innocently.

Jared was not convinced, he stared directly at Kennedy. Kennedy raised his shoulders while he was watching some movie on the TV, “Is there anybody serious here that I can talk to?” Jared exclaimed.

“Hi, guys. Sorry for being late. What’s up?” John waved at us as he grabbed some cans of beers from his bag.

“Oh yeah! Beer!” Kennedy jumped happily from his seat.

I rolled my eyes and punched Kennedy playfully on the arm, “You guys told me you don’t want beer!”

“We don’t want beer from you because you have bad taste of beers. But John knows where to buy awesome beers” Jared responded while opening the can.

John grabbed my arm and whispered, “I need to tell you something”

“Don’t keep secrets from us guys. Tell us!” Kennedy exclaimed.

John rolled his eyes and sat on the space separating me from Kennedy, “Sam’s with this guy; the guy we saw at the coffee shop with her before!”

“Yeah? So?” Pat questioned.

Jared hit Pat on the back of his head, “Are you serious?” He asked sarcastically.

“I dropped by their house before coming here because she left her wet clothes at my house. As I was standing on their front door, I heard Sam talking about Garrett. I can’t believe what’s happening between Garrett and Sam! It’s making me nuts!” John shouted.

“Tell us more!” Kennedy ordered.

“But before that, the guy was telling her about some girl he likes right now. I think it’s Sam. He told Sam that the girl can’t forget about this guy and bla bla bla. So yeah, I just want to warn you Garrett” John looked away and run circles on the tip of his beer can.

"Guys! I was standing there for an hour!" John complained.

“Wow. I don’t have any right to tell him to fuck off” I suddenly said without thinking, it just came out.

“I can’t do anything for Sam. She’s not mine, I don’t own her or anything” I continued.

While I was thinking deeply, someone slapped me on the face. I was in state of shocked and irritated at the same time, “Who did that?”

“That doesn’t matter who did that. At least it woke you up, idiot. You know that Sam still likes you and you still have the chance. That guy is just somebody okay! You’re Garrett Nickelsen, the first guy that made Sam experience love. It’s like The first love vs. The nobody!” Pat sighed with a weird look on his face.

Out of all he said, I looked at him and raised an eyebrow, “You slapped me?!”

Pat nodded and turned away. John covered Pat and said, “Pat has a point. Listen to him!

Listen to us. If you still want Sam, go get her!”

Go get her.
♠ ♠ ♠
This day sucks ndlwd
hi guys :--) comments? no? okay then jk jk