Status: On going

Right Girl

Can you find me?

“Why isn’t she picking up? Shit!”

Everything is messed up in my mind. John was waiting for someone to pick up his call, Jared was standing behind John, and Pat is watching over me. I don’t remember what happened. There was a sting in my hand but I was too dizzy to look at it.

The room is like moving in a circular motion. I remembered I was holding my 10th can of beer. I don’t like those beers because it was too strong for me. But I don’t want to look weak in front of them so I forced drink what John bought until I got the hang of the taste.

Kennedy was holding a bowl and a cloth on his other hand, he was running towards me with a panic face, “Hey Kennedy, where’s Sam?” I asked.

That’s all I remembered.

“Garrett? Garrett!” I heard someone call but my eyes are getting way too heavy. I fell asleep.

&&

“Garrett, wake up!”

I opened my eyes but the sun light is burning it. I was in my room already and had no idea how I got there since I was too drunk last night. My head hurts like hell.

“Garrett”

I turned my head to the right where the voice came. I was surprised, thrilled, happy and scared that she’s here beside my bed, “Hey, Sam. What are you doing--- Ahh!” I looked at my left hand and it was wrapped with a cloth with blood stains.

Sam grabbed my arm and placed it beside me on the bed, “Don’t move it. It’ll hurt” she said then turned away.

“Where are the guys?” I asked her while she fixes the cloth wrapped around my hand, “Well, they were up all night watching over you. John called me at 3am to come here, when I got here, I told them to go home and have a rest, and I’ll stay here” She explained. She can’t look at me straight in the eyes, why?

I pulled Sam’s arm to put her still, she kept on moving from one place to another and it didn’t make my hang over feel any better, “Can you sit and talk to me?” I looked at her.

Sam let out a loud sigh, like she forced to do something she doesn’t like, “What, Garrett? Do you know what you did?”

“Obviously no”

“You locked yourself at the CR, punched the mirror, your hand kept on bleeding, you were so drunk. I don’t know what else happened” Sam tried to be nice, I know she is.

I was trying to reach out for her face but then she grabbed my hand and placed it beside me, “I told you, don’t move your hand, it’ll hurt”

I loved it when she cared, she can’t hide it. I loved it when she tried to keep her smile out of my sight but it was too obvious for me to not notice, “You hungry?” I asked.

“No, are you? I can cook if you want” A slight smile appeared on her face that made me smile back.

“No, it’s alright”

“Garrett, I got to leave as early as I can. I left Cameron at my house” Sam bit her lower lip then smiled.

“What? He’s at your house?” I asked with a depressed tone.

“Yes, he fell asleep there while we were talking last night” She explained.

If I’ll be honest with her, will she get mad? Can I risk everything right now just to be honest with how I feel right now? I think it’s worth a try, “In your room?” I interrogated.

“No, guest room”

How I wish I can touch her face? Can I just hug her? Can I just tell her how much I miss her already? Can I just return back those times that we were perfect? I guess not.

“Hey, Garrett, it’s nice to know that you’re going to take Lisa to the prom” I looked up from the ground and switched my glance to Sam, who looked very happy.

“What? I will what?”

“You asked her out. When I got here, John was grabbing the phone from you. You were talking to Lisa, you asked her out. I’m happy for you!” Sam patted my shoulders and turned her back.

“Sam, I never..”

“Never what? Garrett, I always knew that you and Lisa are meant for one another. It’s so cool” She continued.

“Sam”

“But you should wear a good suit okay. If Lisa stands out, you should also too”

“Sam”

“Fix your hair okay” She touched my hair and ruffled my hair a bit. I touched her hand and pulled it away from my hair, “Sam” I continued to call out.

“Sam” I repeated but she’s not responding.

“Sam, you’re crying!” I shouted at her with so much anger from my voice. Why won’t she show me that she’s hurt? Why does she like to always keep it to herself all the time!

Sam wiped her tears away and grabbed her bag, “I—I need to go now. Sorry, Garrett. Rest, okay” She forced a smiled.

I she ran towards the room and I ran after her. To see her cry again, it was different. She was different, I felt different. All I wanted to do was to hug her so tight and tell her that I didn’t mean anything I said to Lisa.

“Sam!” I got the chance to hold her and no, I won’t let go.

“Garrett, I need to go now”

“Sam, you don’t. Can’t you just spend another day with me?” I can’t stand her teary eyes anymore. I pulled her arm and hugged her so tight, “Sam, you care, I know. You’re hurt, stop pretending you aren’t”

“Garrett, it was never easy to move on, everyone knows that”

The smell of her hair is still the same, the scent of her perfume is still the same, and everything was still the same how many months ago. Nothing changed, really.

When I thought everything was okay, everything will be fine after this, Sam started to push me away, “No, Garrett. This is not really--- I need to go now!”

“Sam!”

“Sam!”

She was gone

Samantha Brooks:

I ran off of his house, crying, trying to catch my breath while running away. I can’t remember how far I ran, how fast I was, how tired I am.

I stopped to breathe, to feel how tired my legs and feet are, to feel that I’m still alive from running and running, “Breathe Sam, breathe” I told myself.

“God, how did I just do that? Speaking about torturing myself”

I scratched my forehead and looked at the road to know where I was. I grabbed my phone from my bag and dialled Cameron’s number to check if he is awake. Good thing he is.

"Where are you?" He asked with a concerned voice.

“Uh, went out to jog. Ha ha, exercise, funny, right?”

“Yeah, who would think you’d go out of Garrett’s house, crying and now you ran away”
Cameron trailed off.

“What?”

I turned my back and saw Cameron standing, sweating just like me, tired just like me, and catching his breath just like me, “Did you follow me?” I bent down and placed my hands on my knees for support.

“Yeah, from Garrett’s house to where you ran off. You run really fast, Sam” Cameron chuckled.

“I can be an athlete, can’t I?” I joked.

“Why are you crying?” He asked.

“You’re a stalker, Cameron! Well, I was alone there with Garrett.. You know the rest” I got tired from explaining. No, I’m not in the mood to explain how I feel anymore; it’s the same thing every single day.

“Did he hurt you?”

“No, to be honest, I’m the one who hurt him. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m so messed up, my head is messed up; everything’s messed up!”

Cameron stretched his hand out and smiled, “Let’s go home. I know you’re tired”

I wiped the sweat away from my forehead and face and chuckled, “This is torture”

“Yes, it is. Go and take a rest”

I reached for his hand and giggled, “It’s good when you’re here. Everything becomes different in a way. I don’t feel down because you try to make me happy. But sometimes in the end, I disappoint you because I can’t repay your hand works”

I was busy looking around when suddenly; Cameron knelt down, “Hey! What are you doing?” I asked him. I don’t think old people will like his actions.

Cameron pointed his back and said, “Climb on my back, I know you’re fucking tired”

“No, I can handle myself”

Cameron looked at me with an expressionless face. He shook his head and looked down, “Don’t act like you’re always strong. You know you’re at your weak state right now and sometimes, it’s good to show your weakness”

He went back to his old position and I had no choice but to accept his offer, “How good can you be?” I stated and smiled like a kid, riding their parent’s back.

While on our ride back home, I asked Cameron, “Why don’t you hang out with your other friends anymore?”

“I don’t know. They’re such plastics” He hissed.

I remembered the time when I asked the same thing to Garrett, his answer was almost the same, and I can’t get it out of my mind of how Cameron resembles Garrett in some points.

“Want to play?” He suddenly mouthed.

“Play what? Play where?” I hung loosely my hands on his shoulders as they sway with his body.

“The park” He responded as soon as his eyes landed the familiar park.

I searched to where he was looking at: the swing. I smiled and laugh, “You are such a kid” I uttered and playfully slapped his shoulders.

“At least I mad you laugh, didn’t I?” He assured. Yes he did. He made me laugh like it was too simple, too easy to do, like it was nothing.

Cameron helped me to get down from his back and we ran towards the swing. How happier can I get right now? To feel like a 6 year old again was the most precious feeling I ever felt again. It was like I don’t have any problems, I was living free and young. But I know it will end.
Cameron handed me a can of soda while he was still panting from all the running we did, “You okay?” He asked.

“Yes, I am. This is so fun!” I told him and took a sip from my soda.

Cameron looked at me and kissed my cheek, “Who’s the kid now?”

He kissed my cheek. I felt uneasy. I felt like there’s something wrong happening. But I don’t want to ruin the mood so I let it go that easily. But he kissed my cheek.

“Let’s go to the slides!” Cameron helped me stand up and pulled my hands to the slide.

It took us hours from playing and just running around. How fun could it be when you’re having fun with awesome people?

I was just about to take my turn on the slide when suddenly someone called my name. From the corner of my eyes, I saw John waving at me, “Samantha” He called.

I hurriedly climbed down from the slide and ran towards John and gave him a hug, “Hey John!” I greeted

“Hey babe!”

John was staring at something behind me when I forgot about Cameron. I turned my back and saw Cameron standing behind me, smiling at John, “Oh, John, this is Cameron. Cameron this is John” I introduced.

They both shook hands and smiled awkwardly at one another, “So what’s up John?” I tried to turn the awkwardness away actually.

“I thought you were at Garrett’s house this morning. I called and no one’s picking up, then I got nervous and went there. No one’s home” He answered with a concerned voice.

“What?!” I exclaimed.

“So you don’t know where he is?” John cleared.

I shook my head from left to right with a straight face, “No. I don’t know where he went”

Of course I was concerned, if something bad happened to him, it’ll obviously be my fault in the first place. And I don’t want something bad to happen to him just because of me.

“Will you come and help me find him?” John was waiting for an answer. He wasn’t forcing me; he was letting me decide for my own.

“Sam” Cameron called out softly.

I looked at him and bit my lower lip. John wants me to help find Garrett, Cameron was basically telling me to not to go because it won’t help me.

“I..” I looked at John.

“I got to go with John, Cameron”

John grabbed my hands as soon as he heard my answer and we ran fast to his car, “Shit. Where could that guy be? I’m worried, we’re worried!”

I looked at John with guilt painted all over my face, “I think I’m the one to blame” I confessed.

“Why is that?” John asked as he was starting the engine.

“He asked me to stay and be with him again and I answered by pushing him away and running away from his house. I know that’s something wrong, John”

John patted my back before he starts to drive and forced a smile on his face, “It’s okay, sweetheart. Don’t blame yourself all the time, okay?”

John leaned forward and kissed my forehead, “Things will be alright” He assured.

"I hope so, John"
♠ ♠ ♠
:----------------)
i will update next week after the exams.
wait for it pleaseeeeeeeee :)
comments?