Status: On going

Right Girl

He was the weird one, I was the normal

A few more weeks passed and Garrett visits me every day but only during after school because of his friends who always got their eyes stuck on Garrett; like Garrett was the leader of their group or something like that.

“Seriously, Samantha, you suck!”

“Oh gee! A new sweater made by her mom who hates her to death!”

“I would do anything just not to be like you, loser”

“No one would like her!”

“You suck! Die!”


I didn’t do anything to them though they continuously throw insulting words to me. I believe in karma and I would be happier if karma will do the job because karma can triple what they are doing to me.

3 days ago

I was walking home while it was raining hard. I don’t have a car because my dad was too busy to buy me one and he was out of town so no one can pick me up and as expected, no one would offer me a ride home because I was the popular freak in school.

A group of girls were piled up beside the exit door of our school and some of them sounded drunk. Alcoholic beverages were prohibited at school but the school body doesn’t really care if someone brings up any alcoholic drink.

One of the drunk student, by the name of Anne, spoke, “Oh, look. Fuck it! Is that Samantha Brooks? Damn! Virgin mother!”

I didn’t hear it at first because of the sound of thunder pounding over her voice but as soon as they all repeated what she said, it became all clear for me to understand. I didn’t give a fuck and continued to walk away, making me soaking wet.

“Oh no! Did she just walk away from you just like that?” Another drunk student shouted back.

Someone tapped my back and as I turned around, a slap touched my cheek and force made me lose my balance and made me fall on the wet ground, “Don’t you dare walk away from me, freak!” Anne shouted while pointing at my face.

I got up and gathered all my right to fight back because I did nothing to them to deserve a slap on my face, “I didn’t do anything to you!” I answered back.

“You did not just answer back, did you?!” Anne exclaimed, her hands were shaking beside her.

The rest of her friends came up to while we were under the pouring heavy rain. I realized that I was going to be in a fight in a wrong time.

Twenty minutes passed and I became weak to fight back. Scratches were everywhere on my arms from their long nails and I don’t know how to fight back so I looked like an idiot who tried to hit on them but couldn’t.

I walked home with my almost torn clothes and my messy hair with my weak body, ready to fall on my bed.

I took a bath for more than an hour and looked at the scratches I have on my arm, some are bleeding and looked like cuts.

I hate to look at it that I have to wear a sweater at school just to cover it. Maybe because I don’t want to see the harsh things that I’ve been through because all this time, I acted so strong to face the people who criticize me.

I cried myself to sleep that time. It was the first time I felt something heavy in my chest, I always thought I was used to be making fun of but, I think, when it gets a little too much, the weakness inside me will soon show up and all I needed was someone to talk to. But there was no one there at all..

&&

On a Thursday night, I was surprised that Garrett didn’t show up like he used to. He was also quiet at school today and I was getting the feeling that he’s not in the right mood to talk to anyone including me. I don't talk to him at school too, he's a little different.

I grabbed a bag of chips and stayed on the swing at our front porch and just felt the breeze of the wind touching my hair and skin. I would rather stay like this than to be inside, flipping through channels to watch some nonsense shows and reality dramas.

I counted the car that passed by just so that I won’t be bored enough that I can actually fall asleep there. I closed my eyes and started to feel the wind. When I opened my eyes, I almost had a mini heart attack.

“Fuck Garrett! What are you doing here?” I crossed my legs in front of chest because the feeling of my heart pounding from shock was not very good.

“Did I just scare you? Uh, I just came by because I wanted to talk to you. I’d rather be here than to attend a party with my plastic friends” He uttered.

I grabbed his wrist and pulled him inside to my living room, “So are you alright? You sound a little bit gloomy”

Garrett nodded slightly but stared blankly at the TV that was turned off, “I think I am”

I noticed that I was still holding his wrist, I pulled my hand away but the positioned changed. He was holding my hand this time and I felt the coldness.

“Garrett, spit it out. You’re very quiet at school and you’re very cold. What’s happening?” I asked with a very concerned voice.

Garrett’s head turned to me and I froze again, “I just don’t want to be elsewhere but here. I went to a party a while ago with my friends, actually. It surprised me that I wasn’t having fun like before. It started to bore me and all I wanted to do was leave them and drive all the way here”

“Why here?” I wasn’t thinking. It just came out from my stupid mouth.

He was still looking at me with his sad eyes, “I don’t know. Maybe because you’re the only person who understands me more than anyone else living in this planet and breathing the same air as me”

I kept quiet because I’m scared I might asked irrelevant questions that time that will make him feel more down.

“Got some zombie movies?” He asked.

I smiled and nodded back, “I love zombies. My dad too but I think he brought the zombie movies with him so he can watch it while he has the time. The only movie I have is Dawn of the Dead, I think”

Garrett forced a smile on his face and his face slightly brightened from the dark aura, “Let’s watch zombie movies!”

Garrett stood up and offered me a hand to get up. I held unto his hand and we made our way to my bedroom where the DVD player is located.

“Full of girly stuff, shit!” Garrett exclaimed.

I glared at Garrett and crossed my arm around my chest, “Shut up or you want to leave?”

Garrett sat down slowly on my bed and shook his head like a kid, “I don’t want to leave yet. I don’t, Sam”

I was lying beside Garrett on my bed as we watched the zombies running to haunt for their human food. I tried not to glance at Garrett who seems focused on the movie but I wanted to check if he was alright.

I guess Garrett got my hint, he uttered, “One more look and I swear, I’ll melt already”

I turned away to hide my face because I can feel my cheeks burning red from embarrassment but I noticed that Garrett wouldn’t care anyway because of his addiction to zombie kept his eyes glued to the TV.

“Run fast zombie! Run fast!” Garrett shouted at the TV screen.

I bit my lower lip to refrain myself from laughing at his careless actions. I then realized, he was the weird one and I was the normal. No, his weirdness is not in a negative way but rather in a cute way to describe. Garrett was unbelievable.

When the credits rolled down, I had my eyes closed because I already know every scene because I’ve watched it for more than 10 times with my dad. That’s how we bond.

“Aww. Fuck, man. It’s done. I’m sad again” Garrett said.

I scratched my head and looked around in my room, trying to find a thing to do with Garrett so he wouldn’t be upset anymore, but I failed. I don’t have anything good in my room, “Sorry Garrett. I don’t have anything”

Garrett reached down his pocket and grabbed his car keys, “Come with me” he ordered and pulled my arm.

“It hurts, Garrett!” I snapped.

Garrett let go of my arm and turned to me, he grabbed my arm again and looked at it, “You cut yourself?!”

“I do not! I didn’t do it. Deep scratches by some girls at our school a few days ago” I explained without looking at him straightly.

“Who are they?” He asked but with a different tone of voice.

“I don’t know” But the fact that I do know, I just can’t get them into this though I know what they did was wrong.

“Bitches just can’t stop themselves, can they? I hate this world” He shouted.

Garrett was still holding my hand and my grip tightened, “Don’t worry about me getting hurt, don’t worry about me having haters. I don’t care about them”

Garrett smiled at me, “You’re strong, I know”

Garrett continued to pull my hand to his car and let me sit on the passenger seat, “Where are we going? I’m wearing pajamas!” I informed.

“Just drive around. It’s okay! I'm wearing boxers on the inside” He said.

I didn't get it at first but seeing Garrett trying his hardest to make me laugh brightened my mood already.

I kept quiet because the sound coming from the radio was too loud and I will just waste my effort if I speak because surely, the radio will over power my voice.

Garrett turned off the engine and I was surprised that we were in front of their house. I know it their house because of the Nickelsen residence written on the mail box.

“Don’t worry, no one’s home, even Trey is out’’ He informed me and opened the car door for me.

“Thanks” I said and grabbed unto his arm.

“I hope you don’t mind me bringing you here, though. There’s a part of this house that I just want to be when I feel so confused and no one has ever been there with me, even my own brother wasn’t allowed there”

I smiled as he lead me to his room and to the balcony of his room. I became nervous at first because it never happened to me that someone will bring me to their room.

“I like looking at the stars” He uttered.

I looked at him and giggled, “A new thing I learned from you”

“It might bore you” He added

I shook my head, “Nope. Why would it?”

I pointed at one star in the sky and giggled, “I’ll call that one Garrett. Because it shines so bring among all the stars I see”

“Why did you pick the one that shines so bright?” He asked.

“Garrett shines so bright that it can get anyone’s attention. I named it as Garrett like Garrett Nickelsen because you can get anyone’s attention just like the star above. You are special” I explained and continued to look at the bright star.

A different smile from Garrett showed; a smile like you would want to see forever and never get sick from it because you know that he’s very happy and as a friend, you would really want that happiness to last and it’s good to know that you’re a part of his happiness now.

“I like Garrett the star!” He shouted at the sky, as if he's waiting for a reply.

“Garrett the star, continue to shine bright because your light gives me so much hope!” I shouted.

“Garrett the star! Always look after Samantha Brooks because she is just a kind girl!”

After Garrett shouted that, I stopped and looked at him with a smile appearing on my face, “Thanks Garrett” I uttered and glanced away from the kindhearted guy beside me.

“You're welcome” He smiled back and laughed.

We didn't care about the sleeping neighbors that kept on complaining. Because of what we did. our hidden feelings came out: Garrett hated flirts, I hated jocks. Garrett hated to party, I hated talking to people I don't know.

Garrett’s phone rang continuously and the caller really wants for Garrett to pick it up. I looked at Garrett waiting for him to pick it up but he grabbed his phone and turned it off.

“I’d rather be talking to you then to talk to drunken dudes” He whispered softly which gave me chills on the inside.

“Wow, that's new to my ears” I joked and giggled back.

I’d rather be talking to you then to talk to drunk dudes….
♠ ♠ ♠
:-------------)