Status: On going

Right Girl

We were almost make believe

I woke up feeling different from the past few days; cheerful as I am. I felt like I don’t have any problems with my life. I’ve always wished to live like this.

Last night:

Garrett was busy playing with the strands of my hair and how he thought that lizards lived in my head, when suddenly someone started to knock on the door.

Garrett started to panic, “Uh, Sam! Under my bed and do it fast!” Garrett pushed me into his room and under his bed where his shoes can be found and some other pictures of him that looks like it was taken at a gig.

“Hey, Garrett, is someone here?” A guy with an unfamiliar voice asked

“Nobody, why would you think that someone’s here?” Garrett’s voice started to shake and obviously he is not a good liar like he used to at school which made me curious who he was talking to.

“Man! I told you, no secret, remember?” The guy asked.

I slowly peeked a little because my curiosity was making me uncomfortable under his bed. When I looked out, the guy wasn’t familiar. I haven’t seen him before. He was very tall and very skinny too.

“John! Why won’t you listen to me?” Garrett argued.

“I am trying to but all I can feel is a—“

I accidentally bit my lip hard when his friend that goes by the name of John peeked under his bed. I didn’t move because I was scared by what Garrett’s reaction would be.

“All I can feel is girl under your bed— Hi!” John greeted me with a huge smile on his face as he offered a hand to help me stand up from under Garrett’s bed.

“I can sense something, Garrett. Don’t try to be a good boy and— oh shit! She’s not like the girls you usually like!” John uttered while looking at me head to toe.

Should I feel insulted or should I feel proud of what John said. I don’t know how to react because I just met this guy in a weird way.

“Oh yeah, John, meet Samantha Brooks. Samantha, meet John. He’s our vocalist and most girls thinks his hot but I know he’s not close to your type anyway” Garrett scratched his head and turned away.

John giggled and smiled, ignoring Garrett’s rude way of introducing us to each other, “Hi Sam, I’m John O’callaghan!” He stretched his arm, waiting for me to grab it.

I smiled back and shook his hand, “Hi, I’m Sam Brooks!”

Garrett rolled his eyes and sighed, “John, you met her, you may go now. Please, leave our house key on the table. You have no right to own a house key from every members’ house and just barge in like you’re part of their family!” Garrett shouted.

John chuckled and raised his shoulders, “I’m so much awesome than you, Nickelsen. Keep that in mind too, Samantha”

I nodded and laughed with John, “I will, John”

Garrett pushed John outside his room and locked the door, “God! I hate that guy!” He shouted.

“I heard you!” John uttered from behind the door.

“Fuck off and leave!” Garrett shouted back and turned to me.

I sat on his bed and rolled my legs in between my chest, “He’s such a nice guy!”

Garrett rolled his eyes, “Great. He brainwashed you too. Yehey for me!”

Garrett sat beside me and leaned on my shoulders, “It kept on bothering me what I saw a while ago--- the scars. It's just so.. I don’t know, stupid, that someone would do such a thing to you and yet they don’t know you so well”

I smiled at him to let him know I’m okay and totally over the incident, “Don’t worry, Garrett. Why are worrying?”

Garrett shook his head and forced to chuckle, “I don’t know, Sam. I don’t know”

&&

Everything was normal as I walk down to school until I reached the hallway where people wait for me just be picked-on. I didn’t care. I never did.

But one thing that really struck me is that Garrett was also in the crowd but he didn’t say anything or either move. He just stared at me while other tried to push me on the floor like what they normally do.

While that scene repeated in my mind, I thought to myself, am I really a friend of Garrett? Is he just using me because he just got sick of his friends? I don’t really know what’s happening with us at the moment.

Garrett told me that I was strong. Being in a crowded hallway while getting bullied by others, didn’t bother me. The only thing that mattered to me was, he didn’t care. He just looked at me without even saying hi. I thought it was just because of his mood but I guess it was not.

I believed and trusted that guy because he earned it but I guess I was all wrong...

Garrett Nickelsen:

I walked quietly to the hallway to my next class and I ran over to Sam but I tried my best to ignore her but all I really want was to talk her.

My image in school is very important, because I did my best to be on top. I wanted to be friends in Sam and people doesn’t know how much I’m proud to talk to her all day because the people doesn’t know what they’re missing.

Lisa, one of my friends wrapped her arm around my shoulders and laughed, “Oops. Make way to the virgin”

I looked away and pushed away Lisa’s arm around my shoulders. Should I tell her to fuck off or try my best to ignore and let her step down on someone special?

Last Tuesday

“Garrett! Stop tickling me! How could you do this?!” Sam shouted to my ear.. Directly to my ear.

Seeing her everyday and talking to her not only personally but also in the phone made me realize that she didn’t deserve to be treated so down at school. She deserves to be happy and all I can do is to give that to her because she trusted me so much.

“No Garrett! Please s-s-s-s-stop tickling me!”

I laughed so hard after seeing her face so red and sweaty. At least I made her laugh that much than I have ever done. This girl is starting to mean something to me but it is not easy to admit it to everyone.

I let her free so she can breathe easy again. She laughed and smiled some more and looked at me with her teary eyes, “I hate you” She said.

I shook my head, “Not believing. I know you love me” I fooled.

Sam giggled and covered her face, “What have you done to me, Nickelsen?”

I wrapped my arms around her waist and let my head rest on her back, “I made you laugh so hard. I made you happy” I replied.

“Do I owe you something?” She asked.

I nodded and chuckled, “Pancakes. You have got to cook pancakes for me”

She showed me a thumbs-up and a sweet smile together, “Okay then. Pancakes for dinner!”

That was one of the most unforgettable moments for me when I’m with Sam. She is a cheerful girl and to see her get hurt made me feel sick of myself. But I just can’t do anything. Not right now.

Sam pulled me down the stairs. I can see through her shirt though. She was wearing the shirt I let her borrow when she went to our house and her messy hair bouncing off with her shoulders.

“Are you hungry, Garrett? Should I cook fast?” She asked.

I bit my lower lip and laughed, “Take your time”

&&

It was lunch time at school and I sat down with my friends at the lunch table. The eyes of everyone was looking at us and watching our every move like we were on video or something.

I was going to take a bite on my burger when I saw Sam entered the canteedn and of course, everyone made it a big deal.

“Oh God. What is she doing her? I thought she doesn't eat” My friend asked.

I didn’t answer but continued to eat my burger that isn’t really that good but I have no other choice but to munch on it and complain about the taste.

“Oh shit! Here she comes! Shit! Hide everything!” My other friend joked.

Sam was standing in front of me while I continuously chew on my burger, “What’s up?” I said.

Sam crossed her arm around her chest and sighed, “Are you coming to my house later?” She asked.

Everyone at the same table as me, jaw dropped and their eyes popped. I almost choked on my burger when someone said, “Garrett, you go to her house?!”

I shook my head, of course. “No! Why would I go there?” I turned to Sam and wished she could understand what I want to say to her but I can’t, “Why would I go to your house? To watch your mom make you a sweater?”

Sam’s mouth opened but she stopped herself from answering back. She ran outside the canteen and I hated myself for it.

“God! Who does she think she is to ask Garrett to go to her house?” Lisa asked our friends.

I forced a laugh but soon it faded, “I need to go now” I added and excused myself.

I ran out of the canteen to look for Sam. She can’t be found anywhere at the school grounds. I was already losing hope in finding her and try to talk to her about it but I can’t find her anywhere.

I grabbed my car keys and ran towards my car. I was over town to see where she could be because she wasn’t in her house and it made me feel very concerned and all I wanted was to know where she is. The important thing that mattered was, I need to talk to this girl.

I jumped out of the car when I reached the park and someone was hiding from the end of the slide, making her hair the only thing that I can see.

I walked closely and slowly while I started to pray and wish that it was Samantha Brooks and no one else. God, I wish it was Sam.

I was very close when the person stood up and turned around, making her bump on me. When I started to smell the familiar scent, I know it was Sam.

“Sam” I called out but was cut off when she slapped my face.

“Garrett! How dare you make me believe that we were really friends? I trusted you because you told me to and now you’re being such a bitch! I hate you! I fucking hate you!” She shouted.

I held onto her hands when she tried to hit my chest and soon her tears started to fall from her eyes down to her cheeks. I wanted to wipe it away but she won’t let me.

“Sam, let me explain!” I said.

“Why would I even let you?! Give me a reason to listen to you ever again!”

I hugged her as tight as I can. She tried to pull away but I can feel that her body was too weak. I can feel my shirt getting wet but I don’t mind being a tissue paper to Sam. She was all that mattered after all.

“Because I wouldn’t go looking for you for almost more than an hour just to say harsh things to your face” I whispered to her ear.

“I hate you” She repeated.

“I know, I know. Please listen, Sam. I really wanted to be friends with you, I really do! But my position at school will have a difference if they find out that I go to your house everyday” I explained.

“Oh great, we’re secret friends now” she said sarcastically while she tries to hide the sadness from her voice.

I shook my head, “That was what we were before. But I want to show the world what they’re missing when I’m with you”

Sam cried harder and I felt her hands wrapped around me, “I fucking hate you but I just can’t!”

I smiled, “I fucking hate myself too. I just can’t believe that I treated you like this. No, this will not happen again. I promise you”

“Should I even try to believe you, Garrett?” She uttered softly. I know she was down and it's because of me.

“I want to be friends with you. No secret friendship, I just want to be with you” I answered back.

Sam sniffed and I felt a slight sigh from her, “It better be the last or else I’ll kill you by stabbing you while you sleep”

I loosened my hug and looked straightly to her eyes; “God, I love your eyes” I uttered and giggled. Sam giggled as well and smiled, “God. I love your blue eyes too, Garrett”

I pushed her hair behind her ear and pulled her hand, “I’ll drive you home. How did you even get here? It’s so far from school!”

Sam smiled at me and her eyes started to get back to normal again, “I ran. I let my legs take over my body and I stopped whenever I want to”

I cannot leave Sam alone on a Friday afternoon because I really want to be with her so I followed her to her house and watched some stupid reality shows that all did was cry and laugh and cry and laugh.

Sam sat beside me while drinking soda from a can, “Gosh, All she do is cry” She said absent mindedly

It was already 6pm. How time flies so fast when you're having fun. It was raining so hard and Sam asked me to spend the night there because of the rain.

I wanted to be here than anywhere else right now.
♠ ♠ ♠
Is this chapter boring or something?