What If I Can't Forget You?

Just give her back to me, you know I can't afford the medicine that feeds what I need.

When Mike finished eating his pizza, we went out to the backyard so he could have a smoke. We talked and laid in the sun. It was a hot day and I liked it. I had been spending too much time inside anyway.
”Are you going to miss me when you leave?” I asked quietly as I stared up at the blue sky.
”Of course I'm gonna miss you, don't be stupid,” He said and laughed. I felt better now that I knew he was going to miss me, too. Because that meant he actually cared about me, which I already knew, but he didn't want to lose me either.
”I'm really happy I met you again, after all those years,” I said. I felt him squeeze my hand.
”Me too,” He said.
”And even though you'll be gone soon, I'm glad I got to spend time with you,” I said and looked at him next to me, laying on the ground.
”But it's not like we wouldn't meet ever again,” he said and looked at me. I reached up to kiss him and as I was about to pull away, he placed his hand on the back of my head and kissed me roughly. We made out for a while, until he pulled away.
”I love you, Sophie,” he said and traced my bottom lip with his thumb.
”I love you, too.”

One day before Mike was leaving, I was feeling down. I knew it was my last day that I could spend with him. I knew that I was going to have to find a place to stay soon, since I couldn't just live at Mike's place. He told me he was fine with that, but I didn't want to. What if I would find another guy, and he asked where I lived? I couldn't just say that I live at my ex's house. No, no. Or what if Mike brought a girl home with him, when he would come back? The girl would ask who I am, and Mike had to tell her that I'm his ex girlfriend. Not a good idea.

I was laying in bed, listening to Mike's snoring. I couldn't sleep. I could hear Vic strumming his guitar in his room, but it didn't help me fall asleep. I got up without waking Mike up, and went to Vic's room. He looked up at me and smiled.
”Couldn't sleep?” He asked as he put his guitar away.
”No,” I said as I went to sit next to him on his bed.
”Why?”
”I don't know... I'm going to miss you guys,” I said.
”Were you in love with Mike, even though you hadn't seen him in years?” Vic asked.
”I guess I was...” Because even though I thought I wasn't, I guess that somewhere deep in myself I still was.
”Weird.”
”Why so?”
”Well... At first, Mike was a wreck. He thought he was never going to see you again. And then, as time went by, he kind of... He started to sleep with girls. And I think he was trying to forget you, but he couldn't.” Vic said. I had never thought of how Mike had been dealing with our break up.
”So he never forgot me?” I asked and looked up at Vic shaking his head.
”No, and when you met again, he was more than happy. I hadn't seen him so happy in a long time,” He said.
”It's hard to be away from him. And I can't help but think it's the end of us. And knowing that it makes the both of us unhappy...” I said and shook my head.
”So he's not going to bring you on tour with us?” Vic asked. My eyes went wide. I didn't even know he could bring me with them. Because if he asked, I wouldn't say no.
”He's never asked,” I said.
”Weird. Maybe he didn't remember that he could bring someone, now that Tony's girlfriend isn't coming.”
”So... I could come? If he asked?” I asked. Vic nodded. But Mike wasn't going to ask, because he didn't remember that there was a possibility of me coming with. And if he did remember, he didn't want to ask. Because he didn't want me to go with them.
”That would be great,” Vic said. ”So Mike hasn't said anything 'bout it?”
”Nope.”
”Well... What if I ask you to come with us?” Vic asked. My face lit up and I screamed quietly. I pulled him into a hug. I was beyond happy.
”I have to go pack!” I said and got up. Before I could run out of the room, I kissed Vic's cheek and said thanks. Then I ran back to Mike's room to find him still sleeping on the bed. I started to throw all my clothes from the closet to the floor. I pulled out my suitcases and stuffed in all my clothes.
”What the fuck are you doing in the middle of a night?” I heard Mike's muffled voice. My head shot up and I looked at him, sitting on the bed.
”I have to pack,” I said.
”Why? Where are you going?” He asked. I went back to the bed and got under the blankets.
”On tour with you,” I said and smiled. Mike just stared at me as if he didn't understand what I was saying.
”What?”
”Yeah, Tony's girlfriend isn't coming so Vic asked me,” I explained. Mike just kept staring at me. Then, without a word, he pulled my face close to his, brushing his lips against mine before planting his mouth against mine. The kiss was passionate and I liked it. Mike pushed me down on to my back and got on top of me. His hands made their way down into my panties and he moved down to kiss my neck. I moaned and pulled his hair gently.