What If I Can't Forget You?

Hold my heart, it's beating for you anyway.

The next day I was sitting in the restaurant, waiting for Mike to come. He was always late, so I was used to waiting for him to arrive. Then, maybe after five minutes I saw him walking in and towards our table. He sat down, took off his sunglasses and flashed a smile.
”Hey gorgeous.” He said, and I looked down blushing.
”Hey Mike.” I replied. We ordered our food, and he began to tell me about his life on road.
”So, you were on tour for a year?” I asked in disbelief, ”Sounds like a long time to be away from home.”
”Well you get used to it, besides, I didn't have anyone holding me back here. No girlfriend, no wife, no big love, nothing.” He told me. ”How about you? Are you seeing anyone?”
”Uh yeah, I have a boyfriend.” I said and he looked away.
”How's he like? Treating you right, yeah?” He asked and I nodded.
”Funny how I thought we were gonna spend our lives together. We we're meant to do that.” He said and chuckled. ”But that was back then, before I left.”
”It wasn't just that, Mike. I guess it just wouldn't have worked.” I said quietly. I felt him grab my hand and I looked up at him.
”Did you wish it would've worked? Do you ever think what it would be like, now, if we were together?” He asked.
”It doesn't matter, okay? It's in the past now.” I told him, and he looked down.

The rest of the day I spent with Mike and his brother at their place. They told me all about their lives, and what had happened while they were on tour. I found out that they had been living the wild life, lots of partying and drinking. While I had been home with Sam, watching lame movies, they had been in Europe and all over the world. Even in Japan and Australia. I couldn't help but to feel jealous, I mean, I could've been with them. That is, if I would've been with Mike.

It was getting late, so I decided to leave. Vic practically begged me to stay, while Mike stared at me with his big eyes.
”You know what, I do want to stay, but I have to go. Sam's propably all worried.” I muttered and the both of them groaned.
”But you haven't seen us in what, two years. You could sleep here too?” Vic said and I sighed. Honestly, they were fun to be with and I wanted to stay, but I was afraid what Sam would do. He didn't like the idea that I was spending so much time with my ex.
”I could come over tomorrow...” I said and smiled a little. They both sighed and nodded.
”Fine.”

When I got home, Sam was already in bed. I went into the bedroom, took off my clothes and got into my pj's. He was reading a magazine as I got in the bed with him. I snuggled closer and he wrapped an arm around my shoulders.
”What did you guys do today?” He asked. ”Did he try anything?”
”No?” I said with a groan, ”I met his brother and we talked about stuff.”
”Mmhm, well I'm glad you had fun. Don't just start spending all of your time with him.” He said and I looked up at him.
”Are you serious? Don't you trust me?” I asked and he sighed, putting the magazine aside. He turned to look at me and cupped my cheek with his hand.
”I do trust you, it's him I don't trust. What if he wants to get you back? Are you able to say no?” He asked and I sighed deeply, closing my eyes before turning my back to him.