What If I Can't Forget You?

It was the best time of my life, but now I sleep alone.

The next morning I made my way to Mike's place. I rang the doorbell and a moment later Vic was standing in front of me, only in his boxers.
”Didn't think you'd come over this early.” He mumbled and rubbed his eyes before letting me in.
”Well I woke up early and I had nothing else to do.” I told him and sat down on a couch.
”Do you mind waking Mike up? I'll go get a shower.” He said and I nodded. I walked up to Mike's room, opened the door and saw him laying across the bed in his boxers. He had always been a heavy sleeper so he didn't wake up when I sat down on the bed next to him.
”Mike?” I asked. He didn't move a bit. I moved his hair out of his face. I noticed that his hair was a lot longer than it used to be, and he actually looked really good with the new hair. I watched him sleep, and got scared when his phone began to ring next to him on the bed. His head shot up immediately and he grabbed the phone.
”Tony?” He mumbled into the phone and rubbed his eyes with his other hand.
”Uh yeah... Okay... I think Vic's up... Okay, bye.” He threw the phone away and closed his eyes again, leaning his head against the pillow.
”Mike?” I asked and his eyes shot open. Only now he noticed that I was there.
”Soph? How the hell did you get in here?” He asked and sat up slowly.
”Vic let me in, and told me to wake you up.” I told him as he stood up and grabbed a shirt from the floor, pulling it on.
”Do you want food?” He asked and I nodded before following him downstairs.

We ate cereal, he told me it was the only thing they had. I was fine with it, though he did seem to mind.
”I just want to give you some real food, you know.” He mumbled before sticking another spoon full of cereal into his mouth. Vic walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.
”Tony's coming over with Jaime.” He told us.
”Oooh! I can't wait to see 'em.” I said and finished eating.

After a while two guys walked into the kitchen, and a smile grew on my face.
”Hey guys!” I exclaimed and they looked at me. Obviously, they had no idea who I was since they just stared at me.
”Umm?” Jaime walked closer and leaned down to look at me. ”Sophie?”
”You didn't even recognize me?” I asked and cocked my eyebrows.
”Of course we did!” Tony shouted and they both rushed to hug me.
”How have you two been?” We talked hours about their lives, problems and all the other stuff that was going on. Then, they had to leave and it was just Vic, Mike and me again.

My phone rang just as I was about to open a bottle of wine in their kitchen. I handed the bottle to Mike, and answered the phone.
”Hello?”
”When are you coming home?” I heard Sam's not-so-happy voice.
”I, umm, what time is it?” I looked at the phonescreen, ”Aw shit, it's ten already. I'll be there soon, okay?”
”Do you think I like it when you're always with your ex?” He asked and I sighed.
”I haven't seen him in years, okay? I said I'll be there soon.” I told him, but he wasn't happy.
”You know what, you don't have to come. At all. Just be there if you're so happy with them.” With that, he hung up on me. I looked at the phone for a moment and then placed it on the table. Mike was staring at me.
”What did he say?” He asked and put the bottle down, walking closer to me. I rubbed my face with my hands and shook my head.
”He's mad because I'm here.” I said with a shrug. Mike looked at me before slowly shaking his head.
”I don't know what's his problem, I mean, does he think we'll do something?” He asked.
”I don't know. He's just being... Sam. Sometimes he can be like that, for no reason.” I told him.