What If I Can't Forget You?

Can you chase away the darkness?

A few months later Mike and I bought a house. It wasn't a big house, just two bedrooms, a livingroom, a kitchen, a small backyard and two bathrooms. But we didn't need a bigger one, so it was perfect for us. And it was only a few houses away from Vic's place. When the house was all ready, we moved in. Vic said that we shouldn't have bought a house, because he said he would get lonely. But then Mike said that he could always ask her girlfriend, whoever she was, to move in with him. Vic had kept his relationship really private and even Mike didn't know who the girl was or how serious they were.

We decided to throw a party. Mike wanted everyone to know, that he had a new place now. So we invited their band and the rest of their crew and the dudes from Bring Me The Horizon. When Mike called them, he said that I wanted to meet them again, because I was in love with them. Mike couldn't let me forget the night, when I shook Jona's hand for about five minutes and hugged Oli for god knows how long. But they were my favourite band, and every girl would be excited to meet them.

When the night came, our house was full of people. Apparently Mike had invited all his other friends too. Everyone drank a bit too much, but I didn't. I was being very responsible. This time Mike was the one who got wasted. He kept telling me how badly he wanted me. But everytime I turned him down, since every room in the house was full of people. And I was tired of people walking in on us having sex.
”We could go into the car,” He murmured into ear as he ran his hand up and down my thigh.
”We just have to wait until everyone leaves,” I told him.
”What about Vic's place?”
”Mike! Not now,” I said and pinched his cheek as I stood up from the couch. He followed me into the kitchen, which somehow happened to be empty. I got another beer from the fridge and opened it. He was leaning against the doorway and staring at me with his arms crossed over his chest.
”What?” I asked as he didn't say a word.
”I need to have you, Soph.”
”What? Right now?” I asked with a laugh and took a sip of my beer.
”Yeah.” I walked closer to him with a smirk on my face. He really was desperate.
”I don't care what you say, but we're going to Vic's place, right now,” He mumbled and grabbed my hand. He dragged me all the way to his brother's house and as soon as the door was closed behind me, I was being pushed up against the door. Mike's lips met the soft skin on my neck, and I wrapped my arms around his neck. Soon enough we were naked, and, you know, having sex.

After we'd finished we put all our clothes back on and went back to our place. As we walked in hand in hand, the whole house was too quiet. We walked into the livingroom, where we saw a bunch of people passed out on the couches and the floor.
”Oh my god,” I muttered and shook my head slowly as I looked at them. It was the first time I'd ever seen so many people passed out in the same room. And I couldn't say I liked it, since it was my livingroom. There was no way we were going to get them all out.
”Let's leave 'em here,” Mike said and began to pull me out of the room.
”No, Mike! What if someone's going to throw up? Or die?” I asked. Mike laughed loudly.
”Why would someone die right now?”
”I don't know, but what if!” I exclaimed and turned to look at the people. I could see the Sykes' brothers on the couch and Matt, the drummer, on the floor.
”Stop worrying,” Mike said and pulled me out of the room by my hand. I followed him into our bedroom. He took off his shirt and jeans and got in the bed. Instead of doing the same, I sat down on the bed. I knew for sure that I wasn't going to clean up, if someone decided to throw up on the couch or something.
”What are you doing?” Mike asked.
”I kind of feel bad...” I started as I heard Mike's laugh. I turned to look at him.”Sorry. You feel bad because...?”
”Because they have to sleep on the cold floor and – ” I was once again cut off by Mike's laugh.
”Stop laughing!” I exclaimed and smacked his feet under the sheets but he didn't even flinch.
”Sorry, sorry,” He mumbled and cleared his throat. ”You were saying...”
”We should take them some blankets,” I said. Mike cocked a brow and looked at me.
”Why are you so nice to people that you don't even know?” He asked.
”Why wouldn't I be? I mean, I hope they would do the same to me...”
”Sophie.”
”Yeah?”
”You are amazing,” He said quietly. I couldn't help but smile. I leaned towards my boyfriend and rested my head on his stomach. He placed his hand on my head and played with my hair.
”Mikey?” I asked after a moment of silence.
”Hmm?”
”I'm gonna go bring them those blankets now,” I said and sat up.

When I had made sure that no one would get cold or feel bad in the livingroom, I made my way up the stairs. I looked into our guestroom, where Vic was staying, just to make sure he was alright. I felt like the boys' mom, but I loved those two and I wanted to take care of them. Vic was dead asleep on the bed, laying only in his boxers. I closed the door quietly and walked into our bedroom. Mike was already asleep, so I got in bed quietly and turned off the lights. I rested my head on my pillow and closed my eyes.