What If I Can't Forget You?

I swear to God I did what I could. I practically begged you, I pretended everything was fine.

It was getting really late, and I decided to go to sleep. I had been very quiet, because I had been thinking about Olivia. I was worried, of course, but then again Mike loved me. We were in a good relationship.
”You going to bed already?” Mike asked as I stood up from the couch. We had been watching a movie, which I hadn't been paying much attention to. I didn't even really like watching movies. It just wasn't my thing.
”Yeah, I'm kind of tired,” I mumbled.
”What's wrong? You've been quiet as shit,” Mike said.
”I just... Well, the girl, Olivia's friend, said some things that bother me a bit,” I said. Mike patted the spot next to him and I sat back down.
”Like what?”
”She, uh, said that Olivia really likes you. She told me to back off,” I muttered.
”What?” Mike exclaimed as his eyes went wide. I nodded. ”That's fucking stupid.”
”And, err, she just said something about you wanting her too...”
”That's not true. You know it,” Mike said and grabbed my hand. His other hand went up to my cheek.
”Of course I know it. I'm just not really... Comfortable when I know you're with her,” I said.
”I get it,” Mike said quietly. I tried to smile as I stood up.
”Well, I'm going to bed,” I said.
”Wait, wait, wait,” Mike said and stood up. He pulled me closer by my waist and reached down to kiss me. I smiled against his lips. When he pulled away he placed his forehead against mine and smiled at me.
”I love you,” I told him.
”I love you too,” He said and kissed me quickly before letting me go.

I woke up in the middle of a night. It felt hard to breathe and I could feel the cold sweat on my forehead. I had had a nightmare. It was maybe the second time in my life I'd ever had one, and that only made it worse. I wasn't used to having nightmares. They scared the shit out of me. I didn't like them, at all, but then again who would? I sat up and tried to control my breathing. After a moment I could relax and I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep again. But I couldn't sleep. I was worrying about Olivia and Mike.
Maybe there was nothing between them, but I couldn't stop thinking about the fact that Olivia really liked my boyfriend. I mean, I didn't really even know her, but she seemed to be really into Mike.

I couldn't fall asleep until a few hours before Mike woke me up. I felt Mike's lips against my cheek, and my eyes fluttered open. I rolled over onto my stomach and yawned.
”We're going to Tony's place tonight,” Mike told me.
”Why?” I muttered against the pillow.
”Because,” Mike rested his head against my back, ”He wanted us to come over.”
”Will you be drinking?” I asked.
”Of course,” He said with a laugh.
”Mmhm.”
”You tired?”
”Yeah.”
”Why?” He asked.
”Because I couldn't sleep,” I replied.
”Why?”
”Because I was thinking about Olivia,” I said. Mike didn't say a word.
”Er... Why?”
”I don't know. Why not? She's a threat, isn't she?”
”Babe... I don't even like her like that. And I love you,” Mike said quietly.
”I know... Will you still be friends with her?”
”I, uhm, I don't know. I've known her so long and all...” Mike mumbled. I knew I couldn't really ask him to stay away from her. But I did want to. And obviously Mike still wanted to be her friend.
”Oh.”
”Let's go to the shower,” Mike said after a long silence. I got up from the bed and followed Mike into the bathroom. We brushed our teeth and stared at each other in the mirror.
”You look hot,” Mike commented as he looked at me in my big t-shirt and panties.
”Thanks babe, so do you,” I told him with a smile as I looked down his half naked body.
”Wanna have sex? In the shower?” Mike asked. I shrugged.
”Why not?” I mumbled as he leaned down to kiss me. He pushed me into the shower while trying to take my clothes off.

Later that day we went to Tony's place. It was only Mike and I, Tony and his girlfriend, Jaime and Vic. We all sat in their backyard, drinking beer and just talking. It turned out to be a really good night... Kind of.
”Who wants more beer?” Tony asked as he stood up. Mike lifted his hand up and so did Jaime. Tony walked inside to get beer. When Tony came back, he was holding Mike's phone.
”Someone called you,” He said and handed the phone to Mike. Mike looked at the screen before putting his phone away.
”Who was it?” I asked. Mike turned to look at me.
”Uh, nobody,” Mike mumbled. I cocked a brow.
”Well it must've been someone,” I said. Mike rubbed his eyes with his hands and sighed.
”It was Olivia.”
”...Oh.”
”Yeah,” Mike muttered. Everyone was talking around us, but I didn't feel like joining the conversation. I wasn't feeling cheery or happy anymore. Olivia had to ruin everything. Tony handed Mike a beer, which he took and drank very quickly. I sat there quietly and tried not to think about the bitch who wanted my boyfriend.
”Sophie, you okay?” Vic asked. I lifted my head up, faked a smile and nodded. Sure, I was okay.
”Why are you all quiet?” He asked.
”I... Don't feel too well,” I told him.
”Well I was leaving anyway, so want me to take you home?” He asked. I smiled a bit and nodded. Finally I could get my own time, without Olivia or Mike. Because if there was Mike, Olivia wasn't that far away. She was propably at home, trying her best to get Mike answer his phone, which he sure would after I'd be gone. Vic and I stood up and walked to the door.
”Where are you two going?” Tony asked.
”Home. I'll give Soph a ride,” Vic told them. Mike was looking at me, waiting for me to say something. I looked away and we left. I wasn't mad at Mike or anything, but it wasn't an easy situation for me. Mike wanted to be friends with her, even though he knew she liked him.