What If I Can't Forget You?

If every living thing dies alone, what am I doing here?

I decided not to go home that night. Sam would propably freak out, but then again, he told me not to go there at all. Mike said that I could sleep in his bed while he would be on the couch, but I told him I was fine with the couch. He insisted that I should sleep in his bed, so I finally agreed.

Mike borrowed me his shirt so I wouldn't have to sleep in the same clothes. As I took off my own shirt, and was about to pull on Mike's, the door of the room opened. I quickly covered myself, as he stopped walking and stared at me with his wide eyes.
”Shit, shit. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry,” He mumbled quickly before covering his eyes. I pulled on the shirt as quickly as possible and then said, ”It's okay, you know, it wouldn't be the first time you've seen me without a shirt.” He took his hands off of his face and smirked.
”True fact,” He said and went to his closet. He pulled out a fresh shirt and took off the one he had been wearing. I stared in awe at his abs and torso. He caught me staring and laughed.
”I wasn't even staring at you without a shirt and look at you now. You're looking,” He said with a smirk on his face. I cleared my throat and looked down, trying to hide my red cheeks.
”I wasn't,” I mumbled but he laughed.
”Yeah, you were. But it's okay, I guess you just can't get your eyes off of my amazing body.” He said and winked at me.
”Shut up,” I said and turned around and got into the bed.
”Well, goodnight Soph,” He said and came to hug me. When he pulled away, he placed a kiss on my forehead.
”Could you just stay? For a little while?” I asked, and he sat down on the bed next to me.

We talked about the past and what went wrong. He told me about his girlfriends he had had, and the girls he fucked. As he told me about his wild life, I only thought about my, not-so-wild, actually really boring life. While talking to him, I realized that even though I had thought I was happy with Sam, I could be so much happier with him. He made me realize that he was, and always would be, special to me. He was my best friend, first boyfriend and the one who I gave my virginity to. I began to realize that maybe, just maybe we were meant to be together. But then again, how would I know how he felt? Did he even like me anymore? Was I someone special to him?

”Sophie?” He asked quietly after a moment of silence.
”Yeah, Mike?”
”Do you really love that Sam?” I turned my head towards him, and looked straight into his eyes.
”Yeah.” And it was true, I did love Sam. But that didn't mean I couldn't possibly love Mike too. I felt his fingers on my cheek. He moved them slowly from my cheek down to my chin and neck.
”I think you don't want to be with him,” He whispered, ”You just wanted someone to hold you, when I left.”
”Don't flatter yourself,” I said. He smiled slightly and leaned towards me.
”Never,” He said. His face was so close to mine that I could feel his warm breath on my skin. At that moment, I wanted him. I wanted him more than anything. I didn't care about my current boyfriend as Mike was so close to me. I just wanted to feel his lips on mine. I swallowed hard as his hand cupped my cheek, the other one moving down to my waist. Slowly, he leaned in to kiss me. It was everything I had expected and slightly more. His tongue traced my bottom lip and I parted my lips. My hand was on the back of his head as his other hand was pulling my panties down. Maybe it was stupid, and maybe I was going to regret it later, but I knew that I just had to have him.