What If I Can't Forget You?

You'll never be as beautiful without me.

After the really serious baby talk, we went to see Mike's parents. It had been too long since we had seen them and Mike's mom couldn't have been happier. His dad was at work once again, which was a shame.
”So, how are you Sophie?” Mike's mom asked as she us down on a couch, handing me a bottle of water and Mike a bottle of beer. What a badass mom. She was always giving Mike beer and bottles of JD, though, he didn't have anything against it.
”I'm fine, actually, Mike and I were just talking and - ” I was cut off by Mike's phone ringing. He picked up and walked into another room to talk.
”Sorry about him,” Mike's mom shook her head, ”I've told him not to answer in the middle of a conversation.”
”I'm used to it,” I said with a laugh, ”Anyway, we want to have a baby.” She went quiet and for a while she stared at me with her mouth hanging slightly open. Then, she started to smile.
”Really? I'm so happy!” She exclaimed just as Mike walked into the room. His mom stood up and pulled him into a hug.
”You two better make a good kid!”

The two of us sat in Mike's car, listening to music while driving home.
”So your mom seems to be excited about the baby,” I stated as I looked at the road. I never realized how hard it was to drive someone else's car, until I had been forced to drive Mike's. I mean, there was nothing wrong with the car but I was used to my own car so it felt weird. And damn hard, too. Mike couldn't drive because he'd been drinking beer, which was stupid because he was supposed to drive.
”Mmhm.” Mike stared out of the window. ”You're a horrible driver, babe.”
”I wasn't even supposed to drive your car,” I muttered and turned the music louder.

When we got home Mike called Vic and asked him to come over. And a few moments later Vic was sitting in our livingroom with us.
”Well? What was so important that I needed to cancel my hot date with a very hot girl?” Vic asked and looked from Mike to me.
”You had a date?” I asked, cocking a brow.
”Believe it or not,” He said and wiggled his eyebrows. ”What'd you wanna talk about?”
”Well,” Mike started, pulling me against his side by wrapping an arm around my shoulder, ”Sophie and I are going to have a baby.” Vic was quiet for a while and just stared at us. Then he frowned.
”But I thought you didn't want kids,” Vic said to Mike. Mike shrugged.
”We talked about it and why not? Sophie wants a kid more than anything,” Mike said.
”But... It's not really you, Mike. I know you very fucking well. You've never really wanted to settle down, have a family,” Vic said quietly.
”Maybe he's changed,” I said. Vic turned to look at me as he shrugged.
”Maybe, who knows?” He mumbled as he stood up. Suddenly the whole atmosphere had changed from happy and excited to uptight and tense. And then I realized that maybe Vic was right. Maybe Mike didn't want to have a kid, maybe he just wanted to give me what I wanted and make me happy.
”Look, I have to go,” Vic said and forced a smile on his face, ”But hey, congrats!” With that he left.

”Wow...” I mumbled after a pause, looking at Mike.
”He's not happy for us, at all,” Mike muttered and shook his head without taking his eyes off of the floor.
”Mike... Is it what you really want? Or are you just doing it because I want a child?” I asked quietly. He didn't answer at first, he just lifted his head up and looked at me. He was biting his lip, looking into my eyes.
”Well at first I just wanted to make you happy... But then I kind of realized that it is what I want too,” Mike said finally, ”I want to settle down. I want to have someone as important to me as you are.” I couldn't help but smile as I reached closer to hug him.
”But what about your brother?” I asked as we pulled apart. He shrugged.
”He'll just have to live with it,” He said, ”It isn't his decision.”
”I kind of think that he'll be happy for us, eventually,” I said and smiled softly. Mike was quiet as I leaned my head on his shoulder and sighed.
”So, umm... When are we going to make that kid?” Mike asked after a pause. I laughed.
”Whenever you want,” I murmured, ”I mean, I'm all ready.”
”Are you?”
”Mmhm.” I felt Mike's hand on my thigh as he rubbed it softly. I lifted my head up and saw him looking at me. I leaned closer and pressed my lips against his, kissing him softly. He moved his other hand up to the back of my head, pulling my face closer. Soon we were having a full make out session and he was laying on top of me on the couch, pulling my jeans down, the other hand making its way in to my panties. I gasped as he nibbled the skin on my neck.
”I don't have any,” Mike mumbled against my skin as he kissed me.
”That's exactly the point,” I mumbled, ”We're trying to get me pregnant, Mike.”
”Oh.” Mike lifted his head up before crashing his lips against mine, kissing me roughly.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks to Confide. and DanielleQuiseng for the awesome comments, you girls make my days!!