What If I Can't Forget You?

You roll over and smile.

”Honey? Could you help me with these bags?” I shouted as soon as I'd closed the door behind me. I had just spent three hours buying food for myself. Mike would be away for a while, they had another tour coming up, and he told me to go buy everything I needed so that I didn't have to leave home if I didn't want to. I mean... I wasn't just going to stay inside, if that's what he thought. But maybe he didn't want me to tire myself while being pregnant. Either way, I was now back home. And I had four bags of food for myself. I think I would stay alive for the next few weeks.

”Mmhm, sure.” He walked to me from the livingroom and took two plastic bags from the floor and began to carry them into the kitchen. I took the other two and followed him.
”What did you buy?” He asked as he placed the bags on the table.
”Oh, you know... Just some basic stuff,” I said with a shrug.

I wasn't going to tell him I'd bought mostly just candies, chocolate, oreos, ice cream and other unhealthy stuff. It wasn't my fault I'd been craving all that stuff. It was really weird, actually. I could eat so much food that it wasn't even normal anymore.

Mike cocked a brow at me and looked into one of the bags.
”Chips? Oreos? Ben & Jerry's?” He asked and turned to look at me.
”They're not for me,” I quickly told him.
”If not for you, then who? I thought I told you to buy food for yourself. Not for somebody else.”
”And I did! Those just aren't for me...” I mumbled and quickly pushed the bags away so that he couldn't see what was inside of them.
”It's okay, Sophie. Mom told me about that stuff,” Mike said. I furrowed my eyebrows.
”What stuff?”
”That you might eat a lot of shit now that you're pregnant,” He explained.
”They're not for me!” I whined and sighed. No way I was going to admit it.
”Did you buy beer?” He asked as if to change the subject. Thankfully.
”Yeah, I did,” I said and pulled out a few bottles of beer and handed them to him, ”I can't believe how many glares I got. They thought I was buying those for myself.”
”You did glare back at them, didn't you?” Mike asked and put the beers into the fridge.
”No! I don't think it's nice to glare at someone,” I mumbled.
”You're too nice for your own good,” Mike said and shook his head. He walked closer to me, placing a hand on my baby bump, which wasn't really big yet. It wasn't too big or too small, it was just perfect. I thought it looked really cute.
”Do you think you'll stay alive when I'm gone?” Mike murmured and looked down at me as he kept his hands firmly but gently on my bump.
”I'm pretty sure I can take care of myself,” I said and laughed softly.
”Do you have any plans? What are you going to do?” He asked as he moved his left hand up to my cheek.
”I haven't really thought about it yet,” I admitted, ”I guess I'll just mostly be here.”
”And don't go near that Ashley,” He said sternly, ”I don't want you anywhere near Sam or his friends.”
”Alright, sir.” Mike leaned closer to kiss me quickly.
”When will you be leaving?” I asked and leaned my head against his chest as he wrapped his arms around me, holding me against his chest tightly.
”Later tonight,” He murmured against my hair. I looked up and saw him staring at me. I laughed quietly and reached up to kiss him.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'd love to get a few comments!