What If I Can't Forget You?

Promise me a second time.

A weird thing happened a few weeks after Mike had left. My mother called me. I didn't recognize the number, so I answered without knowing who was calling me.
”Hello?”
”Sophie?” I heard her voice and that's when I froze. I held the phone against my ear, even though neither one of said nothing. A few minutes passed by as we didn't speak.
”Yes?” I finally spoke after clearing my throat. Why was she calling me? She never called me.
”Benjamin told me that you're, uh... Going to have a child,” She said, her voice ice cold.
”Erm, yeah.”
”Well... I'm happy for you,” She said.
”Thanks.”
”Who's the father?”
”Mike,” I said.
”Oh... Well... I just wanted to say hi,” She said.
”Okay, well, bye.” I put the phone away and stared at it for a while. That was... Weird? Awkward? Stupid? Even though I didn't understand why she called me, I was actually happy she did. That proved that she still remembered I was alive.

The thing about my mother was that she was a cold person. A real bitch. Maybe she was the reason why I didn't want to be rude to others or glare at people. Maybe I was afraid I'd become like her. And my dad, well, he wasn't rude or anything. He was always there but he just... wasn't there. We were never really close. They were my parents but I never really loved them like you're supposed to love your parents.

The sound of my phone ringing interrupted my thoughts. It was Mike calling me.
”Hey babe,” He mumbled into the phone, ”I miss you, Sophie.” He was slurring slightly so I figured he was somewhat drunk.
”Hey Mike,” I said.
”What are you doing? D'you wanna have some sex?” He asked. He was breathing rather heavily.
”What?” I asked with a laugh.
”Phone sex?”
”Um... No, not really.” I said with a grin on my face.
”Oh, come on! I'm going to explode,” He muttered, ”Just tell me what you're wearing.” He was sounding really desperate.
”You're not wanking over there, are you?” I asked.
”What do you think I'm doing, then?”
”Oh, Mike!” I shrieked, ”You're coming home next week, we don't have to have... Phone sex.”
”What are you wearing?”
”My Granny's old panties.”
”Your Granny's been dead for years, there's no way you could own her panties,” He muttered, ”You're not helping at all.”
”Mike, babe... I assume you're somewhat drunk,” I started and heard him sigh, ”Can't you just sleep now? I'm not really feeling like I could do anything... Like that.”
”Fine.”
”Fine.”
”Do you have those black lacy panties on?” He murmured quietly.
”Mike!”
”Fine.”
”Call me when you're not drunk, alright?”
”Fine.” He muttered.
”Don't be mad, hey.” I said with a sigh.
”I'm not mad, I just... I want you so bad,” He mumbled, ”Bye.”
♠ ♠ ♠
A big thanks to LiveInLoveAndDie, Minnie Massacre and DanielleQuiseng for the comments, they are all appreciated!