What If I Can't Forget You?

I drank the poison then I passed the *** out.

It was Christmas.

Mike was out in a bar with the Pierce The Veil crew while I sat home and watched movies. I was bored. I wanted something to do.

I had been eating cookies all night and I was about to throw up because of that. I was about to reach for another Oreo, when I think I peed my pants.

”Jesus fucking Christ!” I exclaimed in horror as I got up from the couch and looked at the couch. It was soaking and so were my jeans, for fucks sake. I tried pulling them off when I felt pain in my stomach. My eyes flew wide open when I realized that I actually hadn't just peed. My baby was coming out!

In less than a second I had grabbed my phone and dialed Mike's number... Just to realize he wasn't going to answer. Then I called Vic... Who didn't answer either. Next I called Tony who did actually pick up the phone.

”Sophie?”

”Tony! Where are you? Do you know where Mike is?” I exclaimed in horror. I was panicking because I did not know what to do or where to go.

”Uh, we're in a bar... Mike's, uh, pretty drunk...”

”What? Are you kidding me? Tony, the baby's coming out!” I shouted. Mike couldn't be drunk, not now! Who would help me push out our kid if he was drunk and throwing up all over the place? This was not going well...

”What? Sorry, Soph, I can't hear you...” Then the call ended.

Shit! I tried calling him again but he didn't pick up. I was going to kill someone if I didn't get some help soon. I felt the pain in my stomach once again and I had to sit down. I wanted to throw up... Which I did right after thinking about it. I had managed to grab the cookie box from the table and now it was full of my vomit. Oh my god how gross.

Just then my phone rang. It was Mike.

”Babe! I heard you tried calling me...” he slurred into the phone.

”I'm having a baby in our damn livingroom and where the fuck are you? In a bar, drunk as fuck! And it's Christmas!” I screamed into the phone and took a deep breath in. I was losing my mind, too.

”Having a baby? What are you talking about?”

”I recall once telling you that I'm pregnant!”

”Pregnant? Oh... Oh! I'll let you talk to Vic!” Then I heard some random voices coming from the
other line before the phone found its way to Vic.

”Sophie? Is everything okay?” he asked.

”No, I'm in the middle of having a child!” I exclaimed and felt like throwing up once again. The pain was horrible.

”What? Do you want me to come over?”

”Please do come!”

About twenty minutes later I saw Vic's car in front of our house. I was standing at the front door with my bags, so that I was all ready to go and have a baby. First Vic got out of the car. And then I saw Mike who stumbled his way towards me.

”Let me help you with those,” Vic said and grabbed my bags. I followed him to the car.

”Soph, what's wrong?” Mike slurred. I could tell he was having a hard time keeping his eyes on me and open.

”Nothing's wrong,” I muttered and got in the car. Vic forced Mike to the back seat with me. Then he started driving.

”Give me a kiss!” Mike exclaimed and pulled my face close to his. He kissed me quickly before resting his head on my lap, next to the baby bump.

”Mike, I'm not exactly sure if you understand that you're about to be a father,” I said quietly.

”Oh, I'm ready for that!” he slurred and closed his eyes. And then passed out.

”Is he out?” Vic asked without taking his eyes off the road.

”Yep.”

We got to the hospital in a few minutes.

”I don't feel good at all,” I admitted as I got out of the car and held my stomach.

”Yeah? Can you walk?” Vic asked as he pulled Mike out of the car. Apparently Mike didn't feel any better. He sat down on the ground and held his head as he threw up.

”Yeah...”

”What a Christmas,” Vic muttered and grabbed my bags from the back seat.

”Come on, Mike, let's go get you a child,” he exclaimed.

”I don't want to. I wanna sleep,” Mike muttered.

”Well, it's too late now. Either way, it's still coming.”