What If I Can't Forget You?

She hates all of the guts and blood.

Mike held my hand somewhat tightly as we walked into the room the nurse had told us to go in. Vic had gone to get me some water as I was about to pass out because of the pain. As soon as we were in the room, I got down on the bed and closed my eyes, breathing heavily.

”I don't think I ever want to go through this again,” I mumbled against my pillow, ”And I have a feeling this is going to get a lot worse.” As I opened my eyes, after Mike hadn't said anything, I noticed that he was laying on the floor with his eyes closed.

”Mike?” I asked but he didn't react in any way. Had he passed out? Really? While his girlfriend was having a baby? I closed my eyes and took a deep breath in just as a doctor walked in.

”Good evening,” she said and froze when he saw Mike laying on the floor, ”Uh, is everything alright?”

”Yep,” I said and nodded, ”He seems to be somewhat tired...” That's when Vic rushed into the room with a bottle of water in his hand. He froze as well when he saw his brother.

”Mike! Get the fuck up!” he exclaimed and kicked Mike's feet as he handed me the water.

”Thanks,” I said.

”Do you need anything else? I need to take care of some things before I can take a look at you. If you need anything, just press that button and someone will come check on you,” the doctor said before she left. I just nodded and closed my eyes once again.

”Soph, I'm gonna go call our mom. Do you want me to call anyone else?” Vic asked quietly. I shook my head.

”Nope.”

”Are you sure?”

”Yes. I don't want my family here,” I muttered.

”Okay...”

Five hours later nothing had happened. I was still very much in pain, but apparently the baby didn't want to come out. Mike had been sleeping most of the time. There were a few times when he woke up and went to throw up but he didn't pay any attention to the fact that I was in labor.

Mike and Vic's parents had been there for a few hours but as nothing happened, they decided to go back home and get some sleep. And I could get some sleep, too. In fact, the whole room had been very quiet because we all had just slept... Until I felt like I really had to get the baby out, that is.

I pressed that red button next to the bed and waited as a nurse came in. She turned on the lights which woke Vic up.

”Yes? Is everything okay?” the nurse asked with a smile.

”No. No,” I said and shook my head, ”I need to get it out. Now.”

”Oh? You feel the urge to push, hmm? Okay, well, I'll go get your doctor. Just take some deep breaths in,” she said with a nod. Then she disappeared.

”It's time, isn't it?” Vic asked with a grin.

”Oh yeah.”

”Mike,” Vic said and shook his brother's shoulder. Mike's eyes fluttered open and he gave Vic a death glare.

”What?”

”Your girlfriend might need you,” Vic said.

”She'll do fine without me,” Mike muttered and closed his eyes again. That's when I snapped.

”Mike! You better fucking open your eyes and realize that you're about to be a dad very soon!” I screamed, ”You better get your ass over here and stop being an ass! I don't give a fuck if you need to throw up or feel bad because guess what? I only care about getting this child out of me and you better help me with that!” I took a deep breath in and looked at the Fuentes brothers looking at me, being completely frozen.

”Wow,” Mike said with his wide eyes, ”Wow.” He ruffled his hair before he walked to me and sat down on the bed, next to my feet.

”Vic, go away,” Mike said and pointed at the door, ”I don't want you to see Sophie's... Private parts.”

”Fuck!” I screamed, ”I don't care about people seeing it! I just want this baby out!” A few tears fell out of my eyes because I was in so much pain. Shit, it was horrible.

”Fine, Vic, you can watch as my girlfriend pushes a baby out of her – ”

”SHUT UP!” I screamed and kicked his arm as hard as I could, ”Get that doctor here, right now!”

”She's coming, shut up!” Mike exclaimed but then his face softened, ”Calm down, baby.”

”It hurts!”

”I know it does!”

”Then don't tell me to shut up!”

”Everyone, shut up!” Vic shouted and the whole room fell silent.

”Now, who's ready to have a baby?” The doctor walked into the room with a smile on her face.

Oh shit.

I was going to be a mother.