Status: Be sure to comment! :-3. Oh and I do own Anya (sorry just a little overprotective of this story lol)

Anya: Inuyasha's Sister

Her favorite Birthday

DISCLAIMER- I don’t own Inuyasha however I do own Anya and the other original characters in this story so please don’t steal.

//oo//

Kagome woke up earlier than usual and practically skipped into the kitchen in a happy mood. Anya was already in the kitchen getting ready to go on patrol when Kagome came in.

"Hey Kagome! Happy Birthday," Anya smiled as she fastened her kimono. It was the same kimono Inuyasha had gotten her for her birthday. She tightened the red sash around her waist to keep her top fastened and closed.

"And anniversary. Today's the day Inuyasha and I met," Kagome smiled. Anya smiled and turned to the door as Hiroki walked in. Kagome noticed that Anya seemed much more relaxed when Hiroki was near her.

"Okay, well we gotta patrol, but when we get back, I will make your cake and we'll celebrate," Anya said as she and Hiroki left. Inuyasha and Nami came in next. Nami ran outside as Inuyasha got some water. Kagome could tell Inuyasha was hiding something and she became excited at the thought of what her present was. Nami came right back inside and gave Kagome a bouquet of in her words 'birthday flowers'.

Everyone at their cake as Anya and Sango brought in the presents. Sango and Miroku had gotten Kagome kimonos. Sango had given her a pink kimono with purple flowers and Miroku had gotten her a lime green kimono with golden yellow flowers. Nami had given her an ivory bow with arrows (thanks to Anya who had bought it for Nami to give Kagome). Shippo gave Kagome flowers and Anya had given Kagome a diamond necklace that spelled 'Kagome'.

Everyone started talking when Kagome realized Inuyasha hadn't given her a present.
"Inuyasha, where's your present?" Kagome asked curiously. Anya, who was sitting next to Inuyasha, smiled brightly. Without a word, Inuyasha stood up and took Kagome's hand, leading her outside. As soon as the door shut, Anya jumped up and went out the window and landed on the tree above the two to eavesdrop on them as everyone else listened at the door. Inuyasha pulled out a small present out of his fire rat robe.

"Close your eyes," Inuyasha said as he opened the present. Kagome quickly shut her eyes tightly. She felt Inuyasha put something small in her palm and fist her hand around it.

"Okay, open them," he said sounding a little nervous. Kagome opened her eyes and slowly opened her fisted hand and gasped as tears began to fill her eyes.
In her hand was a ring. It had a gold band with diamonds going in a spiral around it. At the top was a beautiful shining diamond. On the inside was an engravement that said 'My Kagome'.

"I had Anya help me cause I don't know anything about your era or it's traditions," Inuyasha said lightly blushing. Kagome still had not regained her voice.

"Remember to breathe Kagome," Anya whispered silently to herself, smiling. Inuyasha continued.

"Kagome will you marry me?" Inuyasha asked with hope in his eyes. Kagome then regained her voice and practically screamed "Yes!" and lunged at Inuyasha giving him a tight hug and a sweet kiss. When they parted, Inuyasha took the ring from Kagome's hand and onto her finger.

Kagome had tears coming down her face as she gave him another tight hug. Then a familiar scent finally hit Inuyasha's nose.

"Anya, come down," Inuyasha said.

"It's about time you two got together," Anya said jumping down from the tree. The three walked back into the castle to be met by the others congratulating the newly engaged couple.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!
Yay! He proposed! Okay next chapter I am jumping to Christmas and at the end there will be a surprise that I had a lot of fun writing. Anya even has a surprise of her own for everyone.