Lilly-Ann

Six

Matt woke up in the living room with a horrible hangover. He groaned and rubbed at his eyes when the sunlight blinded him momentarily. Val must have come into the party at some point because she was passed out on the coffee table with a bottle of Heineken in her hand.

“Daddy!” Lilly shouted causing him to cringe and clutch his head.

Matt rubbed his temples then looked up at the little girl, “Yes?”

“Can we go to beach?” She asked.

He rubbed at his eyes a bit then nodded, “Sure, go play in your room for a while. I’ll clean this up.”

Lilly giggled happily and clapped her hands before running off to her room. Matt groaned again before lightly shaking Val.

“Babe, get up and get ready.” He said.

Val sat up after a few minutes and rubbed her head, “What? Why?”

“Lilly wants to go to the beach.” Matt explained then groggily went to go wake up the other guys who were no doubt just if not more as hungover as him.

Matt popped a few Aspirins in his mouth and dry swallowed before waking up the rest of the guys and going to take a shower. The rest of the guys grumpily got their Aspirins then tried to quickly get over their hangovers.

“Hey Cupcake.” Brian said, walking into Lilly’s room where she was playing with Barbie dolls while Pie was sleeping on her bed.

She tilted her head to the side and stared at him, “I’m Lilly.”

“I can’t call you cupcake?” He asked giving her a small pout.

Lilly made a face before nodding, “Otay but only you.”

“Only I can call you cupcake?” Brian asked.

She nodded then went back to playing with her Barbie. Brian silently sat next to her and she inhaled his cologne and covered her nose with her hand.

“You smell.”

Brian frowned, “I smell nice.”

Lilly shook her head no, “Nuh uh.”

Brian huffed, “How rude.”

“Not rude it’s true. My mommy told me to tell ta truth.” She informed him then went back to playing with the Barbie.

Brain began laughing, he could just picture Jenna saying something like that.

“What else is the truth?” Brian asked the little girl.

She gave him a look, “Your shirt is uggy.”

He smiled and picked Lilly up, carrying her to his room. He took the shirt he was wearing off and opened his closet.

“Pick what shirt isn’t uggy.” He chuckled.

Lilly took her time looking at all of the different shirt before finally finding a pink Hawaiian shirt that Michelle had given him for Christmas one year. He made a face of disgust when he saw the shirt that he had tried to hide in the back of his closet. Lilly smiled wide and held it up.

“This shirt is purdy!”

Brian looked back at the closet, “Don’t you think there’s a better shirt than that?”

Lilly looked at the closet then turned back to Brian, “No.”

“Okay.” He sighed not wanting to disappoint the little girl, he pulled the shirt on and noticed that it actually wasn’t that bad on him the color just seemed odd.

Lilly clapped her hands together and giggled happily, “Purdy!”

Brian smiled and picked her up into his arms, carrying her out of the room and into the kitchen where Val was grumbling and sipping out of a coffee cup. He sat Lilly down on the counter and then went to the pantry to get out a box of Fruity Pebbles.

“Who’s the kid?” Val asked pointing a finger at Lilly.

Brian rolled his eyes and faced Michelle’s younger twin, “Matt’s kid.”

“Matt has a kid!” She spit out her coffee all over the counter.

He shook his head at her, “Didn’t you get the memo?”

Val made a face, “No, no I didn’t.”

“What did you think the barbeque last night was for?” Brian asked.

Val pouted, “I thought it was for me.”

He rolled his eyes at Matt’s girlfriend since high school, “Not everything revolves around you.”

Brian knew already that Val didn’t like her just by the way she looked at the little girl.

Val eyes narrowed at Brian, “I realize that dip shit.”

Lilly stared at the blonde with wide eyes. Brian shook his head at Val and ignored her language. Lilly had heard her mom cuss before but right after she would always apologize and tell Lilly never to repeat those words, ever.

“Well at least I’m not a horrible actress and a failed model only uses one look in each picture.” Brian retorted not caring that she would most likely get Michelle to yell at him later.

Val growled, “And what face is that?”

He just smirked, “Your constipated face.”

Val let out an angry scream and lunged across the counter at Brian. He quickly grabbed Lilly out of harms way and jumped back, causing Val to land right on the floor. Right as Val got up to lunge at him again, Matt raced in and grabbed her around the waist holding her back.

“Whoa what’s going on?” He asked.

Val pointed a manicured finger at Brian, “You have a daughter and Brian’s making fun of my career.”

“Val, I told you about Lilly a week ago.” He frowned at his girlfriend.

She pouted, “No you didn’t.”

Matt rolled his eyes he knew she was just trying to lie her way out of it, “Guess you forgot then.”

“No I didn’t, cause you didn’t tell me!” She screamed at him.

Matt’s neck turned a bit red showing that he was about to lose it but he quickly calmed down when he saw the terrified look on Lilly’s face. Brian was comforting her and Matt sighed.

“Val I think you should leave, we will talk about this later.” He spoke calmly to the blonde in front of him.

She huffed, “Whatever” and walked right out of the house.

“Brian could you take Lilly outside while I get everything ready for us to go to the beach?” Matt asked trying not to act so mad about Val.

Brian shrugged, “Yeah I guess” then walked out to the backyard with Lilly still in his arms.

Once they were out of view, Brian set Lilly down and watched as she ran towards the tree house. She tried her best to climb up but kept falling on her butt. Brian chuckled softly at the small girl before walking over and helping her climb up the ladder. He followed right behind her, making sure that she didn’t fall off. She grinned happily and climbed inside of the old tree house that the guys had built to stash stuff in. There was a lot of their old toys up here which is why Lilly’s eyes lit up with joy. She quickly began to play with the toy cars and action figures that were laying around on the ground.

“Hey Cupcake, do you know who this is?” Brian asked holding up his old Superman action figure.

She nodded, “Tat’s Stuperman.”

He chuckled at how adorable she sounded.

Lilly took the Superman action figure from Brian and smiled, “My mommy likes Stuperman. She said he’s hamsome and tat’s her boyfrand.”

“Is he really?” Brian smiled kneeling down to her height.

She grinned and nodded then started at him with a blank look for a moment.

“What?” He asked.

Lilly pointed at his fedora and reached up to grab it but Brian pulled away. But once Lilly made a pouty face Brian quickly gave in and let the little girl take the fedora from his head. She instantly smiled and placed the hat on her head, it feel down over her eyes but she just pushed it up a bit and smiled wide at Brian.

“Aint I purdy?” Lilly giggled.

Brian nodded and chuckled at how adorable the little girl was. He was just about to tell her about how Jenna used to always steal his hat back in the day, but just as he opened his mouth to speak he was interrupted by Matt.

“Lilly, we’re going to the beach now!” Matt called out.

Brian frowned and picked up Lilly, carrying her out of the tree house. Lilly didn’t understand why Brian’s attitude always changed when her daddy was around but she knew that she’d find out one day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading, commenting, and subscribing!!! Sorry it's been so long i've been busy with school and my boyfriend recently broke up with me so i've been sort of nursing a broken heart.

Image