Sequel: Stay With Him Tonight

Stay With Them Tonight

Chapter 26.

KELLY P.O.V.

I fidgeted in front of my mirror, wishing that Allie could’ve been here. As it was, Ryan’s parents left right before he was supposed to come pick me up, so Allie couldn’t stay. I turned, studying the way my shirt fell across my back.

Of course, today I had misplaced my confidence, of all days. I had more confidence for my first kiss than I had for this night, and I felt ridiculous.

“Tyler!” I yelled, walking quickly out of my room. I burst through his door (he still came and visited us, using the spare bedroom to study, even though he rarely spent the night), not knocking as always, and saw him studying at his desk. I stood nervously next to him as he looked up at me. His shorter hair had somehow managed to arrange itself in a million different directions, and he had his nerdy glasses on for reading. I would have smiled if I weren’t so anxious.

“What’s up, K?” I leaned down and hugged his shoulders.

“Can you say I’m not here?” I asked.

He patted my back like a kid. “Nope. You said yes to him already.”

I pouted. “Pweeeease, big brother?” I begged, shaking him back and forth as I hugged him. He only laughed.

“Sorry, that stopped working a long time ago.” He folded his glasses and put them on the desk, face up, always so responsible.

“Humph.” I stood back up and put my fists on my hips.

“What kind of big brother are you if you can’t even bail your little sister out of trouble?” I accused.

“One who lets her fight her own battles? Hey, remember you like the guy.”

“Not really.” He stood up and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, walking me out into the hallway and downstairs. He sat me down at the breakfast bar and started making my favorite honey tea.

“Ty, I have to go in ten minutes,” I reminded him.

“Ah, so you are going.” he kept his back turned, working the water in the tiny pot. His cooking abilities were almost par with Allie’s, while I only knew how to make boxed foods. He added some green-looking stuff as it began to boil. Pouring the steaming liquid into a cup, he added a good amount of honey, cream, and sugar before passing it to me.

“So,” he said, crossing his arms and leaning on the other side of the breakfast bar. “Ryan, huh?”

I stared into my mug and gulped some down, burning my tongue. It was the perfect blend of sweetness and bitterness, as always.

“He’s nice, isn’t he?” Ty looked confused, but I didn’t know very many ways to explain it. “He doesn’t just want to, uh,” I coughed. “Yeah.” Talk about awkward.

I continued anyway. “He always holds doors open, and asks me if I’m okay. He’ll always make sure I have a drink, or ask my opinion. He’s nice.” I couldn’t explain why I liked him, any more than I could explain why I liked my mom, or Tyler, I just did. I knew that I did, from the start.

Tyler nodded, even though there wasn’t really a reason to. “Okay, yeah.” He said. He came around the counter and wrapped me in a bear hug.

“My baby sister is growing up.” He said. “Now, if he does anything, tell him your big brother and his friends are waiting at home.” He flexed his arms, making me laugh.

“Baby, is he here yet?” My mom walked around the corner, already in work-clothes for the night shift. She had a tendency to call me little nicknames, like “baby,” and “honey,” and I was used to it by now, letting her have that comfort she got out of it. It was like after divorcing two husbands (Tyler’s dad and then mine) she felt the need to think of me like her baby girl, always puttering after her as I had. She had gotten worse after Tyler had gone to live with my dad, who had always treated Tyler like his own son, and now she could hardly go a sentence without using some name.

She smiled at me, long used to the fact that I dated. “Not yet, mom. I think he’ll be here soon, though.”

“Alright, let me go get my ID really quick, okay, kiddo?” she turned and went back into her main-floor bedroom.

“I’m heading out soon, so I won’t be here when you get back.” Tyler looked out the front window.

“Aw. Are you coming back tomorrow?” I asked. He nodded.

“I’ll probably stop by, but I won’t stay long. I have a date myself.” I laughed.

“Right. With your textbook, right? You study too much!” I said.

“Hey, I’m taking too many classes. Anyway, relax. This guy is okay- he has the big brother seal of approval. Except that the wax isn’t dry, so that can change.” He set his hand on my hair, and I glared at him so he wouldn’t mess it up.

“Whatever. I can’t wait till you’re done.” He gave a short laugh.

“Me neither. Hey, he’s here.”

I squeaked and jumped up and down a little as my mom came back into the room. I ran outside before she could scare Ryan away.

“Hey,” I said, noticing he looked (and smelled) fantastic.

He grinned, and something inside me moved. I hoped I had an appetite for dinner.

He was about to say something else before my mom came to the door.

“She’s to be back by ten-thirty. No sex, or I will personally come after you. I know your mother, young man. Treat her well, and don’t you dare let her get hurt.” She shook her finger at Ryan, who looked like he wanted to run from this short scary lady. Her attitude totally changed as she turned to me.

“Bye, baby, have a good time. I’ll see you when you get back.” She kissed my cheek, going back inside the house. I knew the last part was a lie- she would see me in the morning, when she got back from work. I knew that, and she knew that, but that was almost the exact same thing she said whenever a boy came to pick me up.

Ryan made a face like my mom was a fire-breathing dragon (whether she is or not has yet to be proven) and I laughed.

“Let’s go,” Ryan said, placing his hand lightly on my shoulder. He opened my door for me (I shot a glance back at the house, where I knew Tyler was watching) and we drove down the street.

*****

3rd Person P.O.V.

Tyler watched from the front window as Kelly talked on the porch with Ryan, shaking his head when his mom delivered her speech. She had given him the “don’t you dare hurt my baby” speech when he had first taken Kelly out after he got his license, minus the “no sex” part which he heard her state sternly.

Bored, his gaze wandered around, landing on the tree in the neighbor’s yard, where he could have sworn he saw something move. Looking closer, he made out two figures, and wondered who they were. When they moved again, he was surprised to find that he recognized Allie, and on closer inspection, made out the other figure to be Ryan’s brother, what’s-his-name that Allie was always mean to.

He saw that Allie seemed relaxed in what’s-his-face’s company, and smiled. Maybe she liked him, although she certainly didn’t act like it around other people.

Tyler’s smile dimmed a little when he thought about how he and Allie still weren’t really where they were before. At least to him, something felt . . . different. And he couldn’t figure out what it was.

*****

KELLY P.O.V.

As Ryan drove me home from the fancy restaurant he had taken me to, I couldn’t help but smile to myself in satisfaction. I was glad this hadn’t been the “just friends” date that I had been expecting, and that Ryan had really tried.

I was unsettled at the idea that Ryan might still feel something for Allie before, but as he easily made me laugh, and there wasn’t a single silent moment during the whole dinner or car ride, I felt myself relax.

Ryan was grinning as always, his mouth pulled back and his straight teeth all showing. He had shaved, and used something that smelled good, and his eyes were noticeably green even in the darkened interior of the car.

His eyes had really been the first thing I noticed, even before his smile. His eyes said that they cared about more than himself, and they looked much deeper than the outside appearance of things. Besides Ty, he was the sweetest guy I had ever known. He turned and caught me studying him, questioning silently. I smiled in response, and we pulled up in front of my house.

“Hold on.” he said, running around the front of my car to get my door. I obeyed and sat there, loving that he was the first guy to do that for me. He had paid for dinner, too, insisting that he had to. I would help pay next time, but for now I was basking in the attention he seemed so willing to give.

I could be happy with him,I thought for the thousandth time.

“Thank you,” I said as I stepped out. I slowed my steps, wishing that the driveway was a mile longer. He walked at my pace, and we slowly made our way to the door, talking quietly. For the first time all night, I noticed signs of nervousness. Ty’s car was gone, and I already knew my mom was at work. We were alone.

We got to the porch and climbed up the steps.

“I’ll see you tomorrow, Kells.” He smiled at me and turned to go down. I laughed quietly. He was also the first guy that didn’t try to molest me at my front door.

“Hey, Ryan?” I asked. He paused on the bottom step.

“Yeah?”

“Did you have fun tonight?” I asked, walking to the edge of the porch.

He grinned up at me, which took away the feeling that I had just asked a stupid question. “I did. Do you want to do it again?” he asked.

“Yes,” I replied instantly. I thought before I went down a couple steps until I was even with his face and leaned in, kissing him. I closed my eyes, my hands tingling as they came up to stop myself from falling forward and landing on Ryan’s shoulders.

I quickly pulled away, glancing at Ryan before I ran back up the stairs, opening the door and dashing inside. He had been smiling.

I leaned back against the door, touching my lips like it was the first kiss ever. That very chaste kiss with Ryan suddenly overshadowed anything I had ever felt before with anyone else. I smiled and fist-bumped the air.

“I kissed Ryan!” I sang, beginning to dance around the house.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi! GUESS WHAT DAY IT IS. IT'S MY BIRTHDAY :D I turn 16 today!

Anyway, enough with the vanity, right? Right. Here are my beautiful commenters:
DetuneL!Fe; We now have Rallie and Kyan in addition to Jallie! Celebrity couple names!!! (hey look, Rallie and Jallie are twins lol)
EsseQuamViredi Sorry, EQV :/
*****

Those OBSERVANT people out there, check out the CHARACTER PAGE and also EQV's comment at the top of PAGE 6. Next chapter will reveal it for those unobservant people.

*****
awbree who-la! Ask and you shall recieve! *sits like a monk*
carcrashhearts lol I didn't want a minute-by-minute review of the date, so there's this chapter and she'll talk to Allie about it anway, but not sure if I wanna put it in a chap.
abearbear laziness brings out my clever side ;)
XTheXDevilsXAngelX Poor Hewer already lost, but hey! What is this!? Sam looks an awful lot like that second place winner!? lol Your name will still be on the voters list down there.
AllBecausefYou ha ok I see your point . . . but her name is now (as of this second) officially GINGER. I don't like my own character :( And you guys are gonna hate her bunches in the later chapters.
callmeadreamer maaaybe lol
brynjamin JASEY IS A FEMAL NAME! *"I'm sorry Jason!"* *he walks away* *"no! Come back, I love you!"* ha that played in my head when I heard this . . . I say Jason is REAL!

Ok, so obviously CHAD MICHAEL MURRAY won with 8 votes. I like caps tonight, idk why. It's a birthday thing I guess :)
Second was MITCH HEWER with 5, not including me.
Third was BRADLEY JAMES with 2.
FOURTH, yes, fourth, was the late entry LUKAS POLDOLSKI, with 1 vote, because I didn't have time to put him up (it was after the deadline, you're still counted though:)

Voters were:
Fallenangel_97,
AllBecauseOfYou,
cuteself22,
EsseQuamVideri,
Abearbear,
Bieber Shadows,
Callmeadreamer,
and TrueOreo for MURRAY chosen by Fallenangel_97

Jojo13617,
PeaceLuvHappy,
SuKawaii,
blank_pages95,
and XTheXDevilsXAngelX for HEWER chosen by me

XxStaryNightLoverxX,
and Marriah Shadows for JAMES chosen by XxStaryNightLoverxX

and POLDOLSKI chosen by BieberShadows wasn't able to even be entered! Good try, BieberShadows (who also voted for Murray- she entered this guy, too)!

So there you go :) I hope you already knew won from the Cinderella Story movie scene last chapter. I was so lazy. Everybody but Tom and Ginger are on the
character page now. Check it out! Comment and subscribe!

Have a good night! [edit; 3rd person pov instead of the 2nd I had, credit to jojo13617 for finding it, who is now my buddy grammar nazi!!!)