Sequel: Fall From Grace
Status: Complete

Snape Dragons and Dance Lessons

Chapter 25: I Guess I Can Make One More Go Of It

“Albus, it’s foolish to keep me on staff any longer.” Allegra urged as she sat in the headmaster’s office that very next day.

“I don’t see how it’s foolish.” His eyes glinted in the morning sunlight, his breakfast on his desk before him. Allegra had caught him before he had left for the morning feast, and held him up until the house elves had brought him something.

“My only job here at Hogwarts was to teach the students the dances for the Yule Ball, which is tonight, after the ball there is no need for any of them to attend my class.” She was dressed in simple silver robes. The long sleeved gown hung loose around her body and pooled out behind her in a silver train.

“Why don’t you think about your decision to leave Hogwarts tonight, and give me your decision tomorrow?” he smiled up at her as she stood to leave. “You will always be welcome at Hogwarts Allegra.” He murmured kindly as she disappeared.

*********


“You ready yet professor?” the Weasley twins questioned as they carelessly threw open the door to Allegra’s chambers, stopping when they saw the wreckage. The remaining parts of the other door were still scattered across the floor along with the shattered mirror and some small speckles of blood.

“What the bloody hell happened here?” Fred murmured as he stepped further into the room.

“Igor found out about the plan.” Allegra said softly, not bothering to look up from her desk. She was reading through an old text, marking notes on a half full piece of parchment next to it.

“Professor, why aren’t you ready?” George questioned as he looked down at her, she was dressed the same as she had been that morning when they saw her, except her long hair was pulled back into a simple ponytail.

“I will not be attending the ball tonight boys.” She said softly, her eyebrows scrunched together as she tried to decode a phrase.

“And why not?” Fred demanded.

“Because there is no longer a need for it.”

“What do you mean?” they both had a confused look on their face and Allegra sighed sitting back and pinching the bridge of her nose.

“Igor was kind enough to inform Severus of the plan as well.” She squeezed her eyes shut tight, willing her depression to not show. “He no longer wants anything to do with me.”

“Did he tell you that himself?” Fred demanded, looking like a man about to run head on into Hell.

“No, but it was in his eyes, and those say more than his lips ever could.” She sighed and shook her head, pushing back from her desk and standing. “Just go to the ball boys, you don’t need to worry about me.” She smiled at them and turned to leave.

“Oh no you don’t.” They muttered and snatched both of Allegra’s hands.

“You’ve fought so hard for him all year,”

“And now you’re just gonna give up?”

“That’s not the Allegra we know.” They looked down at her and she glared back yanking her wrists from their grasp.

“The Allegra you know is a broken and beaten foolish heart throb.” She muttered darkly and stormed to her room.

“She may be foolish, but,”

“We like her better.” Fred walked over to her wardrobe and opened it.

“What are you doing?” Allegra snapped.

“I’m getting your dress for the Ball.” He smirked over his shoulder at her and she shook her head.

“I already told you that I’m not going.”

“And we already told you that you are going!” George looked firmly at her and she returned his gaze.

“I’m not going.”

“Are.”

“Not.”

“Are.”

“Not.”

“Not.”

“I’m not a cartoon George, I’m not going to fall for that trick.” Allegra said sharply and the red head frowned in defeat.

“Please Professor Sabria, just go, for us.” Fred said as he turned around and held her gown in front of himself. Allegra couldn’t help the smile that twitched at the side of her lips at seeing him like that and shook her head in defeat.

“Fine, I’ll go, but only for half.” The twins cheered and Fred chucked her dress at her.

“Thanks so much Professor.” Fred and George smiled brilliantly.

“Go on, get out, I’ll get ready.” She rolled her eyes and ushered them out of her room, turning to look down at the beautiful gown.

“I guess I can make one more go of it.” She muttered softly and got to work.
♠ ♠ ♠
another update! fyi the next two chapters are short, why you ask? because they are actually one chapter, but um...smut will be involved in the second part so I decided to split them into separate chapters.

Outfit link in the next two chapters down in author's note!

Comment and Subscribe!

<3