Status: DONE! Read, comment, rate LOVE :) <3

The Story of Rage and Love

I Can't Pretend For Very Long

You were in a permanent state of two worlds pulling at you. You had told Billie Joe you chose him. But you hadn't. Your body was being pulled in two parts, and given away to the highest bidder. All you wanted was for Billie Joe to be happy, to live again. You would do anything for him. Thats why you chose to let him go on without you. You thought that was right. But you were wrong. Now you had to fix this. You were gonna give up an old dream, for a new one. For Billie Joe.
As you walked to the Reprise building, you realized this was the last time you would walk through those doors as a Reprise artist. You had made your decision, and life wasnt worth living without him. You were about to dive into the deep end, for Billie, because you loved him, and he had become your best friend.
"Hi. I have an appointment to see Tim Marsh." You said to the secretary.
"Have a seat, please. He'll be here in a couple minutes."
"Okay. Thank You." You said, and sat down in the waiting area.
Suddenly Sam burst through the glass doors, and ran over to you.
"Sage! Sage, you cant do this. You cant. Just think about it for a second. Its not only your dream. Its all of ours, and your being selfish," She said through gasps trying to get air running through her body again.
"Im selfish? Do you realize that the moment I find what I've been looking for, you take it away so you can make more of a profit," You said looking at her with disgust, "And Im being selfish? This is a band, this is a job. But Billie and I are in love... He loves me. And not because I can help him become a rock-star, but because I am me. And thats all I'll ever need."
"Sage, you dont mean that. Remember when we were nine and we decided that this was going to be our life. This was what we were going to dedicate our lives to. This whole thing was your idea, you convinced us. And it is selfish to leave this late in the game. We're so close, and your just gonna quit? How can you do that...?" She said.
"Why did it matter if I was with Billie? Why couldnt you just be happy for me? Thats the least I would have done for you," You said, looking at her in confusion. "Thats what a real friend should have done."
She just looked at you, with a guilty look on her face.
"I'm sorry, Sage," she said, looking down at her feet. You couldnt believe it. She actually expected you to forgive her. That was not going to happen. But as you watched her face, you began to feel sorry for her. Then she said something that stopped you from turning around, and walking away.
"I don't expect you to forgive me. And I'm not going to blame this on Brittany. It was me just as much as her. But whether you like it or not, your still my best friend. Not that that should make a difference..."
You appreciated how honest she was being, but she was right, you still hadnt changed your mind.
Then you saw Mike and Tre walking down the hall towards the elevator. They were carrying a box full of stuff that must have been in the studio, and a couple guitars as well. They looked pretty depressed. You side-stepped Sam and walked quickly over to where they were standing. They smiled as they saw you walking towards them, and greeted you with big bear hugs each.
"What are you doing?" you asked, looking at all the stuff they were carrying.
"Oh... Billie didnt tell you?" Mike said, the smile suddenly wiped off his face.
"What, they actually dropped you guys?" You asked, praying you were wrong.
"Yeah, they dropped us from the label and cut the album." Tre said.
"NO! But thats so ridiculous! Look, I'll go in there and fix it right away..." you said, turning to go talk to Tim, like you had originally intended. But you were stopped by both Mike and Tre, who quickly grabbed your arm.
"Sage, dont... Billie is like our brother, and we'd do anything for him. He loves you so much... We'll just start from scratch at another label. But you can't leave him, he'll be crushed. This is for the best, anyway..." Mike said desperately trying to hold you back as you struggled to get free.
"This is so fucked up," you gasped as you pulled yourself free of their grasp.
They looked at you in agreement. There's no way you were gonna let this happen. Those guys had worked so hard, and you were gonna take it all away for your own selfish reasons. No way.
Then you got an idea.
"Maybe we could make this work," you said, going over the details in your mind.
"How?" Tre said.
"Ummm..." You looked over to your right. There was Reprise staff members everywhere. "Lets go, I'll tell you when were out of listening distance." You said, motioning towards all the people eavesdropping on you.
They nodded, and the three of you got on the elevator to leave the building.
---------------------------------------
You guys finally arrived at the apartment, and when you walked in you saw Billie on the couch watching the tube. When he looked up and saw you, he immediately got up and hugged you tightly.
"Sage? What are you doing here?" He said into your ear as you hugged.
"I have to talk to you." You said, pulling away, and looking seriously into his eyes. He suddenly got a look of worry on his face, but you deterred that by kissing him on the lips. You held on, and he put his hands on the side of your face. "Its not bad, I promise," you said into his mouth, and he sighed in relief.
He led you into his room to talk, leaving Tre and Mike in the other room. As soon as you closed the door behind you, Billie Joe pulled you to him and kissed you passionately. He bit your lower lip, slid his tongue into your mouth, and began messaging your tongue with his. The kiss was sloppy and wet, but romantic all the same. As the kissing got heavier and heavier, he put his hands on your hips, and pulled your body closer to his. You draped your arms around his neck, and he pulled away from the kiss.
"You needed to talk to me about something...," He said completely out of breath, with a slight grin on his face.
"Oh.. Yeah," you said struggling to remember what you were going to say. As you attempted to speak, he turned his attention to your neck, and began sliding kisses down and around, then all over your collar bone. This tickled you, and you giggled as he spoke against your skin.
"Soo... Proceed, will you... I'm waiting..." he spoke with a grin on his face, but didn't stop kissing you.
"Billie.." You said, desperately trying not to laugh. His lips were soft and wet, and elated you immensely. Stop for a second, so we can talk. But he just kept on going.
"I'm listening," He said, and you could tell he was still grinning.
So you just continued with his lips kissing trails around your collar bone, and tracing their way back up your neck. "I-I saw Tre and Mike clearing out the studio , and, well I don't think it's right for me to make you give up your dream I mean, you and Tre and Mike.. You guys worked so hard to get this deal, and make that album, I'm being selfish and I couldn't live with myself if I did that to you guys I just couldn't..."
This stopped him in his tracks.
He looked at you in alarm. "What do mean? I did it because I love you, and they understand that." He said.
"I know... But I love you too. Which is why I refuse to let you choose me over your dream." You said.
"But you are my-"
"Billie," You cut him off, "You can have both.."
He obviously liked the sound of that. He looked at you excitedly. "What do you mean?" He asked.
"I mean, how the fuck is the label going to know if were still dating or not?" you said. He looked confused for a couple seconds, then smiled. "We could keep it a secret, no one has to know but us," You went on, "I mean, except Mike and Tre, if you want..."
"Seriously? But how-" Billie said, but you answered his question for him.
"I'll just tell the label that I broke it off, and you can apologize. They have to take you guys back, you're their best band. And your album has already done well on Sound Scan, so they'd be fucking idiots not to re-sign you." You said.
He contemplated his choices in his mind, then asked, "But eventually their gonna find out, we cant keep it a secret forever. And if your little friends find out, their sure to fuck it up again."
This was true, but you had a feeling about Billies album. If it did as well as you suspected it would, Reprise wouldn't let go of them if they spit in their faces, and kicked them in the balls. But he was right about Brittany and Sam. If they found out, they would definitely screw it up again. So you would just have to keep this secret as quiet as possible. But it was worth it. One day, maybe, Billie Joe and you could live a normal life, but for now, this was the best solution.
"I love you.. But this is the only way we can be together, because I wont let you let go of your dream..." You said lovingly.
Billie Joe smiled, obviously flattered that you cared enough about him to give him everything he ever wanted. Then he leaned over and kissed you gently on the lips. You closed your eyes and blushed as he ran his hands down from your cheeks, to your lower back, and pulled you onto him. He kissed you deeper and deeper until you suddenly pulled away. "So... What do you say?" You asked.
He grinned and said, "I'll do it. But only until both our bands are stable enough for us to be honest. I dont think I can pretend not to love you for very long."