Sequel: All You Need Is Love
Status: This Story Is Over. Sequel Coming Soon. -- Christa

Falling To Pieces

Is It Killing You?

I rushed into the hospital and bumped into some old guy. "Watch it!" I said, in a hurry. He looked down at me and then Azalia. He smirked. I glared at him and walked to Shilo's room. They already gave me the number.

"What happened?" I asked her. She was chewing on her lip.

"Jerry came up while I was in the mall. And he knocked me out." She said. I examined her quickly. "Someone must have seen it happen, and brought me here." She said. I nodded.

I noticed a boy in the bed across from her. I glanced at him then back at her.

"Where's Jerry now?" I asked then paused. Wait, that was him I saw in the mask! "Hold on," I set Azalia down on the bed then walked out. I looked down the hallway and saw him at the far end, coming this way. I bit my lip.

I walked back into the room and shut the door. I grabbed the chair that was there for visitors, and pushed it against the handle.

"What are you doing?" Shilo asked, sitting up. I walked over to the window and opened it. I looked down.

"Are you good at keeping your balance?" I asked, examining the ledge. I bit my lip and got some spare sheets. I quickly rolled them so they were like a rope.

"What? Why?" She asked, getting nervous. I walked over.

"We're getting you out of here." I said, tying one end of the sheet to the outside of the window so Jerry wouldn't see it. "We're going to walk across the ledge to the next room over cause he won't expect it and then get out." I said.

"Uh, I don't think that's a good idea." She said, nodding towards Azalia. I picked her up.

"Nope, she'll be fine." I unzipped my hoodie and put her inside and held her like that so I could use one arm. "Now get up." I said, unhooking the iv from her.

Shilo got up and walked to the window. She glanced back at me then crawled out and onto the ledge. It was thick enough that we could walk easily. I handed her the sheets.

I crawled out onto the ledge too and followed her to the next room. The window was already open. I let her crawl in first then take Azalia. I got in after then led her downstairs, quietly but quickly.
♠ ♠ ♠
o__________________________________________________________________o

-Ashley Dawn