Sequel: All You Need Is Love
Status: This Story Is Over. Sequel Coming Soon. -- Christa

Falling To Pieces

Bossy

I woke up one morning to a pain in my back. I cried out, hoping I hadn't been too loud. Caleb had taken the room right down the hall from me, causing Azalia to move into Olivia's room. At least I hadn't woken her up.

But of course, I heard feet running around. I heard them on the stairs and down the hallway. Olivia and Caleb had both rushed in to see what had happened.

"I'm fine." I assured them. "I just had a small pain.."

Olivia rushed in and pushed Caleb into the wall. "Oh, sweetie. I'll get you an ice pack and.. Caleb! Go into my room and-- no. Don't. Azalia is still asleep. You may wake her.."

Olivia's voice wasn't pleasing me. She couldn't be nice to Caleb, and it hurt me.

I groaned. "I'll be good as long as everybody leaves me the fuck alone and gets out!" I glared at her.

"Shilo! No swearing!" She growled at me. "You know better!"

I sat up further in bed. Caleb ran over to help, but I pushed him aside. "Olivia, you are my best friend. Not my mother. I am old enough to think for myself!"

"Oh really? So you go off and get pregnant?" She crossed her arms.

My heart fell. "I was raped." I glared. The look on her face told me she'd forgotten about that part.

"I.." She started.

"No, and another thing. Be nice to Caleb! He's.. he's human! Not some creature that tries to hurt me. He's helped me alot past these few months and I hope he'll continue to help me. That is unless you scare him off!" I was beyond pissed. She treated me as a little child. It hurt me. She knew I'd been old enough to fend for myself.

She huffed and walked out of the room, slamming her bedroom door once she got there. I heard Azalia start to whine.

Caleb rested an arm around me but I just shooed him away and fell back into a deep sleep.

When I woke up for the second time that morning, it had finally been bright outside. A look at my alarm clock told me it had been past ten. A good time to be waking up. Olivia would have been gone to work by now and it would be me and the boys here alone with Azalia.

I stepped off the stairs and walked into the kitchen. I could hear voices. And my name.

"You seem really attached to Shilo.." Nathan had been saying.

I peeked around the small window overlooking the kitchen from the hallway. Caleb was sitting on the bar while Nathan made coffee. I could smell the beans and it made my mouth water. "She's my other half, or so I think." He shrugged and sipped on a glass of what I guessed had been Orange Juice.

"And you two aren't even together?" Nathan sounded shocked to hear this even from himself.

"I don't know if she wants to have a boyfriend right now."

"Dude, you two are already acting like a couple. Why not make it official?" He asked and poured the coffee into a white coffee cup with small red prints on it.

Caleb sighed. "I've never had an actual girlfriend." This made both Nathan and I give him a puzzled look. Although he couldn't see mine. He just gave Nathan a small smile. "Girls always used me, or broke it off the same day I asked them out. My last girlfriend told me I was just a test. She wanted to see if she liked guys. Turns out she didn't, and I helped her realize this."

"Man, that's horrible."

I couldn't believe somebody would just use a sweet, hot guy like Caleb. It was hard to imagine.

"And the one before that broke up with me after four hours because another guy asked her out and she believed he was 'The one.'" He quoted using his fingers.

I couldn't take this. Why would they? I truly liked them, why couldn't they?

"Just ask her. I know she likes you back." Nathan smiled. I liked him.

I walked into the kitchen and faked a yawn. I rubbed my eyes and sat at the bar.

"Morning, sleeping beauty." Caleb kissed the top of my head and handed me his half filled glass of OJ. I pushed it away politely.

"I want chocolate milk!" I announced. Nathan and Caleb chuckled at me.

"I'll make it, you guys just stay put." Nathan started getting out a cup and spoon. I laid my head on the bar and looked up at the brown messy haired boy that I called mine. Even if he never called me his.

"Sleep good, other than the back pains?" He asked and brushed some hair from my eyes. I shook my head.

About that time, Olivia walked in holding Azalia. She looked stressed as she placed the baby in the high chair.

"No work?" I asked her.

She fixed a cup of coffee. "Off." She sipped it before making Azalia a bottle. She pushed Nathan aside and took my chocolate milk, pouring it into the baby bottle.

"Excuse me," I started. "Pregnant lady wants her milk!" I groaned.

Olivia walked over and stuck the bottle in my mouth. "And this lady wants you to grow up. You're having a baby in a few months and you are still acting three." She said. Caleb opened his mouth to speak but Olivia started again. "I work my butt off to keep everything running alright. I have a baby, I have you and now two guys. I barely have time to myself anymore. And none of you makes it any easier on me!" She glared.

"Olive, we'll watch--" Nathan started but she held her hand up.

"No, I'll finish talking. All my life, I've done nothing but help you, Shilo. Best friends forever. We were so close, you'd think we were attached at the hip. But here lately you've done nothing but boss me, and whine at me. Being pregnant is some of it, but you're taking us all for granted." And she stormed upstairs without another word.
♠ ♠ ♠
woo! longer chapter xD

--Christa