Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"Aw," Jamie said as she fake teared up. "Us either Mattie."

"We're weirder than I thought," I mumbled before I took a sip from my Dr. Pepper.

"Charlie," Jacklyn said and waved him over, he stood up and walked over to her with a puzzled look on his face, she patted her lap and he climbed up the bench and sat in her lap. "I just love you're hair boy."

"He has his mothers hair," I announced, making her smile.

"You're mother had beautiful hair then," she said as she ran her hand through his hair lovingly, he closed his eyes and leaned back, across from Acelin and laid quietly.

"I've never seen Charlie sit still," Brian said as he leaned up and stared at Jacklyn. "You always could put people to sleep Jack."

"Is that a good thing?" she asked

"Sometimes," he grinned and grabbed a beer.

"Dude are you driving?" I asked

"Yeah, why?"

"No drinking then. Don't be stupid as hell and drive drunk, you know I'll kick your ass," I said as I pointed my hand that held my drink at him.

"Fine, damn," he said putting the beer down and grabbed a sprite instead.

"Oh my God," Jacklyn said softly

"What?" I asked turning over to her, she smiled and pointed at Brian with her hand around Acelin's back.

---------Jacklyn's POV---------

"I remember meeting your wife, I can't remember her name but she was gorgeous, she was with Brian one day when I went over to his house to get my jacket," I laughed "She was nice."

"You met Kodah?" Matt asked looking down at me.

"Yeah she said that I was pretty and very sweet to Brian," I laughed and glanced at Brian.

"I remember that, I think, Kodah was bragging on you when you left, she said that you were a keeper," he said looking down at the ground. "You were."

"Yeah I was, but you fucked that one up buddy, but its okay I can forgive, just don't expect to get me back," I said nodding my head at him, he looked up and grinned as he nodded his head.

"Ohh!” Jamie laughed.

“Wow,” Brian turned around and looked at Jamie. “You’re so immature.”

“Oh, I know.” Jamie nodded and grinned widely. “I thought you would have learned that by now.”

“Ha, you so funny.” Brian scoffed sarcastically, Jamie simply giggling. Wow, what a strange group of people. Brian, the jerk ex-boyfriend, Jamie, the super competitive, super sexual, super strange girl. Zacky, Jamie’s partner in crime. Jimmy, the drunk, crazy giant. Johnny, the wild, sweet midget. And Matt, the gorgeous, kind husbandly man. It was a wonder how they all stood each other. But somehow they did, and managed to love each other like a family.

---------Matt’s POV---------

“Even I know that.” I nodded, then looked down at Jacklyn. She seemed to be deep in thought. “Jacklyn?”

“Huh?” She gazed up at me.

“Nothing, it just seemed like you were really thinking hard about something.”

“Oh, just taking in all of your friends. You’re so lucky to have so many people that care about you, like a family.”

“Jacklyn! You can be part of our family!” Jamie turned to us and smiled. “C’mon, you know you wanna!”

“Yeah, I’d love to be part of the family.” Jacklyn nodded and laughed at Jamie.

“Woo!!!” Jamie clapped her hands. “I’m glad you want to be a part of our dysfunctional family. Most people are just scared of us!”

“Well, you guys are pretty scary, no offence.” Jacklyn giggled slightly.

“None taken. It’s not the first time we’ve been told that.” Jimmy grinned.

“Okay, didn’t want to insult you guys.”

“It’s actually a compliment.” Zacky laughed, Jamie and Johnny nodding.

"Wow I done a compliment and I didn't even know it?" Jacklyn asked then grinned "Fuck yeah I'm good."

Everyone laughed at her random outburst as she blushed. "Aw you're blushing." I poked her cheek.

"I'm sorry; I just kind of do before I think and that just came out."

"It's okay, it was funny and earned a laugh, that's always a sign of something good," I laughed as Jamie cleared her throat. "What Jamesy?"

"We need to get home, sorry to ruin the moment," she said pointing to the children who were fast asleep on the pavement, on each other.

"Oh," I laughed and stood up, and walked over to them, I picked up James and Keely as Jimmy walked over and picked up Keegan, when Brian walked over and asked Jacklyn if he could carry Acelin.

"Of course you can Brian," she laughed as she handed her over and kept a tight grip on Charlie. "I'm mad at you but I'm not that pissed."

“Well, that’s good. Family can’t stay mad at family.” Jamie laughed softly as she picked up Codi and Zack picked up Aiden. “You know what, I’m scared.”

“What?” Jacklyn looked over to her as we all walked over to the cars.

“I’m scared! Preschool starts tomorrow. Uggg. We’re all sending the kids to a prep school, the teachers are gonna be scared shitless by us.” Jamie gazed down at her’s and Zacky’s tattooed arms. “There gonna think we’re freaks!”

“Uh, Jamie, babe. Hate to break it to ya, but we are freaks.” Zacky laughed.

“I’m trying to make a point!” Jamie stomped. “We’re tattooed, pierced, gauged. All the other parents are civilized, nice, normal people.”

“I think it’ll be fun.” I smiled, opening the car door and placing Keely in her car seat.

“Oh, yeah. Tons of people staring at us will be so fun.” Jamie scoffed.

“What do you think a concert is?” Jimmy looked over to Jamie.

“Oh, well that’s different. There staring because your awesome. They’ll be staring at us because their thinking we’re druggies or something.”

“Don’t worry, Jamie. Everything will be fine.” Johnny attempted to calm Jamie down.

“I can only hope.” Jamie sighed, laying her head on the seat as Zacky climbed into the driver’s seat and she climb into the passenger’s. “Bye, loves!” Jamie called out, pulling out of the parking lot.

“Bye, Jamie!” Jimmy laughed and blew her a kiss as everyone else waved goodbye. “Well, I’m gonna go home and get smashed.”

“I’ll join ya.” Johnny jumped into Jimmy’s car. “Wait, I have a better idea. Matt, why don’t you give us the kids tonight? We can watch them tomorrow, too, so you can go to the parent-teacher thing. And we’ll pick up Jamie’s monsters, too.”

“And I’ll go and watch Jimmy and Johnny.” Brian raised his hand.

“Alright.” I sighed, unhooking the kids as Brian, Jimmy, and Johnny came to pick them up. Jacklyn and I moved the car seats to Jimmy’s car and let them take them to the house.

“You know, you’re not too bright for letting them take your kids.” Jacklyn laughed and rested her head on my shoulder. "And mine."

“I trust them.”

“As long as you say so…” Jacklyn sighed.

“Jacklyn?” I looked down to her.

“Yessem?”

“Can you come with me to the parent-teacher shit tomorrow?”

“Sure!” She smiled at me and kissed me softly. “So, the kids are gone for the night…”

“Are you implying something?” I smirked.

“No, not that!” Jacklyn hit my arm playfully. “God, you have a dirty mind.”

“Have you seen the people I hang out with?” I laughed slightly.

“True, true. But, as I was saying, do you just want to hang out tonight?”
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment