Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

“Hang out?”

“You know, talk, watch movies, play games. Not have sex.”

“Awww!” I frowned. Jacklyn looked at me. “Kidding!”

“You better be.”

-----Right as Matt, Jacklyn, Jamie, and Zacky arrive at the preschool-----

“Jamie and Zack, why are you wearing hoodies? It’s eighty five fucking degrees out.” I looked at Jamie, who was fanning herself with her hand.

“We’re attempting to hide our tattoos.” Jamie explained.

“Yeah, cause that’s gonna work out so well.” Jacklyn laughed.

“You never know.” Zacky sighed as he took Jamie’s hand and walked into the school with the rest of us. “There in classroom 203.”

“Okay.” Jamie nodded, walking down the hall. “Oh, fuck this.”

“What?” I looked over to her. She was slipping off her hoodie.

“It’s way too hot in here.” Jamie groaned and help Zack get his off. Once they finished, we entered the classroom. “Oh, god…”

“Oh god is right.” I agreed with Jamie. There was about fifteen other parents, all high class, formal types. They were all staring at us, like we were lepers.

“It’s like we’re circus freaks.” Jamie sighed, sitting in the seat in between Zacky and I. Jacklyn sat next to me and patted my leg to calm me down.

“Look at them!” I heard one women whisper to another.

“I wonder what their kids are like.” A man said to his wife. I looked over to Jamie, who was slouched down in her chair pouting.

“What’s wrong, Jamesy?”

“It’s just that, well, their judging us just by what we look like, and not for who we really are.” Jamie sighed.

“Mr. and Mrs. Baker?” A women poked her head out from behind an adjacent door.

“That’s us.” Zacky said, Jamie and him standing up.

“In here, please.” The women waved them over and shut the door behind them.

“I feel bad for Jamie.” I sighed.

“Why?” Jacklyn looked up to me from her seat.

“She always hates being judged, just like… Kodah.”

“She’ll be fine, she’s a tough girl.” She patted my shoulder. A few minutes passed and eventually Jamie and Zacky exited the room.

“Oh, god, Matt.” Jamie hugged me. “It was horrible. She kept staring at us, asking about criminal records, our children’s behavior. And just was such a bitch about it, it’s awful.”

“It’s okay, babe.” Zacky pulled her away from me and held her close to him.

“Uh, maybe she’s not as tough as I thought.” Jacklyn sighed.

“Oh, she puts up a rough exterior, but inside she’s the most emotional person you may ever meet.” I laughed slightly.

“I can see.” Jacklyn nodded, the women calling my last name and waving me into the room. Our meeting with the teacher was just like Jamie had described it, except the teacher didn’t seem to like the Jacklyn and I weren’t married.

“Matt, she’s the devil.” Jamie growled as we left the school.

“Jamie, just because you hate someone doesn’t mean they’re the devil.” I laughed.

“Well, it should.” Jamie walked up to the car and rested her head on it. Zack smiled and came up behind her.

“Babe, the kids are gone for the day. Why don’t we go home and spend some quality time?” Zacky smirked, attempting to whisper. Sadly, he couldn’t whisper to save his life, so Jacklyn and I heard it, too.

“Ewww.” Jacklyn stuck out her tongue in disgust. “He’s worse than Brian.”

“Just be glad I’m not like that, and his sexuality doesn’t rub off on me.” I smiled at Jacklyn.

“I thank god every day.” Jacklyn giggled.

“So,” Jamie leaned over. “Have you had sex, yet?”

“I don’t see how that’s any of your business, Jamie.” I looked over to her.

“So, you haven’t?” She smirked.

“No.” I shook my head.

“Why not?” Jamie asked.

“Jamie, why do you even need to know?” Jacklyn laughed.

“I dunno, I’m a naturally curious person.” Jamie shrugged.

“Wow…” Jacklyn sighed, Zacky laughed. “Why are you laughing, your married to her!”

“Yes, but I love her, so that makes everything better.” Zack kissed Jamie’s forehead.

“You married an idiot and are okay with that.” Jacklyn giggled.

“Hey!” Jamie shouted.

“Just kidding! I love you, Jamie.” Jacklyn smiled.

“Love you, too, Jacklyn!” Jamie made a heart with her hands.

"I can see why you hang around them," Jacklyn turned to me and smiled with tears in her eyes.

"Are you crying?"

"No, my eyes tear up when I'm trying hard not to laugh," she giggled as she leaned into me.

"Oh man they aren't gone," a woman said as they walked past us, Jacklyn grinned and jumped on the hood of my other car, the mustang.

"Hey baby girl! Haven't seen you around here in awhile, did you get knocked up too?" she said in a very country accent and lay out on the top of the car.

"Excuse me?" the woman asked as she put her hand over her chest.

"I said did you get knocked up," Jacklyn said slowly as she leaned up, glaring at the woman before she changed her voice to her normal tone. "You think just because these people have tattoos and piercings their different from you? Their married or single with children and I'll be damned if I sit back and watch you ridicule them for their looks, so unless you want me to judge you as a snob, rich, unnaturally fake woman, I would think twice about how different we are from you."

"I-I" the woman stuttered

"We all raise our children to not judge, be respectful and of course love like we love them, do you teach your children to judge someone by their looks?"

"No," the woman said softly

"Then I expect you to practice what you preach, we aren't so bad."

"Of course," the woman nodded and got in the car before Jamie tackled Jacklyn to the car hood.

"I fucking love you!" Jamie screamed literally squeezing Jacklyn's head.

"Okay! Okay! Let go I can't breathe!" Jacklyn laughed as Zacky had to pull her off of Jacklyn. "Thank God, air."

"You handled that amazingly," I laughed as I pulled Jacklyn into a sideways hug.

"Thank you," she grinned "How about that movie night?"

"Let's go," I laughed, climbing into the car with Jacklyn.

“Have fun!” Jamie waved as she climbed into the passenger seat. “Oh, and use protection!”

“Ha-ha, Jamie. We’re not having sex!” Jacklyn laughed.

“Sure you’re not!” Jamie smirked, Zacky pulling out of the parking lot.

“Wow, she is…”

“Crazy? Yeah, I know.” I nodded, pulling the mustang out into the streets.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment! every other chapter I'll put either I wrote it or Montana.