Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"Are you sure?" Jacklyn asked as she looked at Keegan who was starting to softly snore, she raised an eyebrow and nodded to herself before turning to me.

"I'm sure," Brian nodded as he laughed and put the phone in his pocket, Jacklyn nodded before she looked at her feet and sat down, closing her eyes. "Jackie you okay?"

"Panic attack," she mumbled

"What?" I asked

"She has them sometimes," Brian said handing her a wet napkin and began to wave his hand at her face, fanning her. "Breathe slowly and you'll be okay Jack."

"Hey Jacklyn," I said getting her attention. "Hand over your heart, count your breathes."

She did that for awhile before she nodded and stood up. "Sorry about that, I just realized that Keegan broke his arm."

"You okay?" I asked softly

"Yeah, it takes me awhile to realize things that are serious, I've always done that," she said softly

"Want to get your mind off it?" I asked

"How?"

"Shopping with Keegan and these morons," I said laughing as I pointed to Johnny, Jimmy and Brian, who all smiled like a pig in shit. "I rest my case."

"I'd like that, can I baby Keegan though?"

"If you want," I laughed "He'll probably get babied like hell by his grandpa when he finds out he broke his arm."

"Okay, I'd like to baby him then," she laughed as she walked over to him and picked him up slowly, wrapping his little arms around her small neck as she hoisted him to her chest. "Lets go shopping."

"Alright.” I smiled, but it quickly faded. “Brian?”

“Yes?” He looked over to me as we all walked out of the hospital and to our cars.

“Where are Keely, James, and Charlie?” I asked.

“Don’t worry, dude. I dropped ‘em off at my parent’s house.” Brian nodded, climbing into the driver’s seat of his car as Jimmy and Johnny hopped into the back.

“Matt! You looked like you were about to fall over!” Jacklyn giggled.

“I was, I don’t trust Brian.” I sighed, getting in the car as Jacklyn hooked up Keegan.

“I don’t blame you.” Jacklyn finished putting Keegan in the car and sat in the passenger seat next to me.

“Ha-ha, you guys suck.” Brian stuck out his tongue and pulled out of the parking lot.

“Daddy?” Keegan squeaked.

“Yes baby?” I asked as a pulled the car out.

“Where are we going?”

“To the mall.” Jacklyn turned around to face Keegan.

“For what?”

“To go shopping for a present for mommy Jamie.” I added.

“Can I get her a puppy?” Keegan grinned.

“I don’t think so, honey,” Jacklyn laughed.

“How bout a kitten?” Keegan tried again.

“How about a new surfboard?” I laughed along with Jacklyn.

“Alright!” Keegan smiled.

“Good,” I said, pulling into the mall parking lot.

"Can I get her something girly like maybe…something just girly…a dress for starters."

"Jacklyn she will murder you or just hurt you badly," I stated making her shrug.

"I'll fight back, but I'm getting her a dress."

----Thirty Minutes Later----

"I like it don't you?" Jacklyn asked as Keegan and I sat on the red couch in front of the changing rooms and mirrors, Jacklyn was trying on dresses to see what she wanted to get Jamie.

"It's pretty," I said nodding, it was a black dress with red lace around the stomach.

"No."

"Why not?" she asked Keegan, he shrugged and pointed to the black dress that had pink and blue lace around the stomach and the shoulders not to far away on a rack.

"I like that one better."

"I'll try that one on then," she said walking over to it, grabbing it and walking back into the changing room.

"Hey Keeg." I laughed as I whispered softly

"What?" he whispered

"Want to hear Jacklyn scream like a little girl?"

"Yeah," he laughed clapping his hands, I winked at him and walked up to the changing room and leaned over the door, watching Jacklyn unzip the dress she was wearing. "Gorgeous."

"Holy Shit!" she screamed loudly, I smiled as I heard Keegan cackling, I turned around and walked down the steps as I watched Keegan hold his casted arm and roll around out the couch, giggling.

"Did good huh?" I asked

"That was good daddy, really good." He laughed as he grabbed my arm and pulled himself up straight, leaning against me as Jacklyn walked out.

"I'm getting this one for her," she stated as she twirled, it was a gypsy style skirt bottom so it flowed. "Good pick Keegan."

"Thanks mommy," he said as he climbed down and walked over to the mirror, Jacklyn looked at me with her mouth and eyes wide.

"He called me mommy."

"He called you mommy."

That's shock for you.

"He called you mommy," I repeated softly. “That’s amazing.”

“What’s amazing?” Zacky asked as he walked up to us, holding a few bags and Codi’s and Aiden’s hands.

“Keegan called Jacklyn his mom.” I turned to Zacky and watched Codi hug Keegan.

“Really? Maybe it’s a sign!” Zacky laughed.

“Haha, maybe.” Jacklyn blushed and shrugged. “So, what did you get for Jamie?”

“A diamond necklace. Every women loves diamonds.” Zacky nodded and held out a small bag. Jacklyn took the small box out a admired the heart shaped stones.

“Oh, it’s so pretty!” Jacklyn showed it to me and placed it back in the bag. She then bent down and looked at Aiden. “And what did you and Codi get for mommy?”

“A puppy!” Aiden grinned.

“What is it with your guy’s kids and puppies?” Jacklyn stood up and looked at me. I simply shrugged.

“What did you guys get her?” Zack asked me.

“We got her a dress.” Jacklyn smiled and held up the dress. “Well, we're getting her a dress. We haven’t bought it yet, you distracted us.”

“Sorry…” Zack apologized. “Have you seen Brian?”

“Uh, last I saw him; he was looking around in Victoria’s Secret.” I replied.

“Why was he in Victoria’s Secret?”

“I don't know, go ask him yourself!” I waved Zacky off, he laughed, took Codi’s and Aiden’s hands, and walked off to find Brian.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment