Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

--------One Week Later | Matt's House---------

"Maybe you should-"

"No."

"But he di-"

"No."

"Oh come on Jamie, he did apo-"

"No Jacklyn," Jamie said turning to me, her eyes red and puffy from the crying she's done the past week. "Just no."

"Jamie, he was drunk, it was Halloween and he wanted to have fun, granted he should have went and had fun with you but that's his fault, alcohol makes beast out of the nicest men," I explained softly

"Jacklyn, have you ever heard of the saying Drunken works are sober thoughts well, in this case is Drunken actions are sober wishes so I don't want to see him again," Jamie said shaking her head.

"Alright," I said softly as I left the bedroom she was in, as I shut the door I turned and shook my head at Matt, who had the phone in at his ear.

"Nope," Matt said as he walked into the kitchen. "Didn't buy it."

"Matt," I said as I walked in after him. "I feel bad for helping Zacky and turning my back on Jamie, so if you don't mind, just you talk to him and I'll talk to her."

"Alright baby," he said kissing my lips before I turned around and walked out to see all the kids playing outside the front yard, which was gated thank god.

"Hey kids!" I shouted making them all look at me. "Who wants ice cream?"

"I do!" All seven of them screamed, Codi and Aiden were here as well.

"Alright file inside and let's get some ice cream, you have to pick from Chocolate, Oreo or Vanilla, we have caramel, chocolate and sprinkle toppings," I yelled as they came running inside, everyone of them yelled what they wanted all at the same time.

"One at a time sweeties," I said as I shut the door and walked behind them to the kitchen, where they scrambled to the table. "Codi and Aiden, go get mo mmy and ask her if she wants some."

"Alright," they said and ran off to the bedroom; they come out a few minutes later dragging Jamie.

“Why? Why must you torture me? As if I’m not in a bad enough mood already, I don’t want you people force feeding me ice cream.” Jamie threw herself on the couch, glaring at her wedding ring.

“Hey, you’re still wearing your ring!” I sat down beside her.

“I couldn’t take it off. I just couldn’t…” She mumbled.

“Maybe it’s a sign!” I laughed.

“Haha-No…” She stared at me, pouting and rubbing her stomach. “Heh, I’m starting to get a bump. How about you?”

“Not yet, but I can feel it coming soon.” I rubbed my hand over Jamie’s belly. “Whoa, you are getting one.”

“I bet Zack doesn’t even know… Or care, for that matter…” Jamie said softly.

“Jamie,” Matt interrupted. “He does care, he calls every day to ask how Aiden and Codi are, how you are.”

“Yeah, okay, I don’t know if I can even believe that…” Jamie looked out to Codi, who was hugging Keegan sweetly.

“He does, Jamie. You have to believe us. Please!” I pleaded.

“I don’t know…” She shrugged and continued to watch the kids play.

“Open up!” Montana’s voice came from behind the door.

“Come in!” I yelled, Kayci and Montana falling into the house and running over to Jamie.

“Oh, Jamie! How are you feeling?” Montana clung to her side.

“I feel like shit, what else is new?” Jamie said lifelessly and turned to Montana and Kayci.

"This is!" Kayci said holding out her left hand, showing a silver band with three diamonds on it. "I'm getting married!"

"No fucking way!" Matt, Jamie and I all screamed at the same time. "Brian proposed!"

"Yeah! Okay…also this is." Montana said as she handed Jamie a CD that was blank. "Go in your room and put it in, come out when the whole thing is done, trust us."

"Please," Kayci said smiling

"Alright," Jamie groaned as she stood up, snatched the CD and walked off to her room, grabbing my bowl of ice cream on the way.

"What was that?" Matt asked softly and quietly.

"Zacky's apology," Kayci said smiling happily. "He worked on it for three days straight and just finally finished it, he called and begged for us to bring it to her."

"Have you heard it?" I asked

"No, but Brian he lped him play the guitar on it and he said that it’s the sappiest, mushy, sorry love letters he has ever heard so it has to be good," Kayci said laughing as Montana nodded her head, jumping up and down.

"Jimmy helped too, he said the same."

"I wasn't ask to help, I feel out of the loop," Matt said sadly as he looked off to the side.

"Aw baby I'm sorry, you can sing for me tonight if you want too," I said smiling

"Alright," he whined as he looked down at me and kissed my lips.

"Do you hear that?" Montana asked moving around the couch towards Jamie's room. "She's crying."

"She is?" Kayci whispered to Montana in confusion. "Oh that poor girl."

"Hopefully this works," Kayci said as she sat on the couch and watched the door, after thirty minutes it opened and Jamie came out bawling like a baby. "Jamie are you okay?"

"I love him so damn much!" she cried out as she ran over to the key rack and grabbed her keys.

"No!" All the girls and I screamed at the same time.

"Why?" she asked

"We'll go drop you off because you can't drive crying, it’s dangerous," I said as I grabbed her keys and pulled her out the door. "Kayci drive your car after me so I can ride back with you."

"Okay," she said waving good-bye to Matt as she and Montana followed me out the door. Kayci jumped in her and started it as I got into Jamie’s driver’s seat and Montana pulled Jamie into the back.

“Montana!” Jamie buried her face into Montana’s shoulder. “Does he still love me? Even after I shunned him like that?”

“Oh, sweetie, of course he does.” Montana rubbed Jamie’s back. “Just breath, don’t freak out.”

“I can’t help it.” Jamie sat back up and started to stop her crying. “How do I look?”

“Uh, do you want the nice or honest answer?” Montana sighed.

“It’s that bad?” Jamie mumbled, Montana wiping away the smeared make up and applying some new eyeliner and blush.

“There! That’s much better. Just stop crying, okay?” Montana put her hand on Jamie’s shoulder.

“Uh-huh…” Jamie nodded. Not a few seconds, later, we were pulling into Jamie’s drive way. Jamie jumped out of the car followed by Montana even though the car was still moving, but I simply parked it and ran out after them.

“Guys! Wait!” I screamed as we all ran into the house.

“Mr. Baker!” Montana giggled.

“Just a sec,” Zacky called out and walked into the living room. “He-“

“Zack!” Jamie screamed and ran over to Zacky, jumping up on his hips and kissing him repeatedly.

“Jamie!” Zacky cried out and pulled Jamie tight to him.

“Awww.” I smiled.

“I’m glad everything worked out in the end…” Montana swooned.

“Zack.” Jamie kissed Zack’s forehead. “I want to have sex.”

“What?” He looked up at her in shock.

“You fucking heard me.” Jamie dropped to the floor. “It may have only been a week, but it’s felt like forever.” Jamie began undressing, completely forgetting that Montana and I were there.

“Uh, guys.” Zacky looked over at Montana and me as he slipped off his shirt. “You guys better go.”

“Way ahead of you.” I laughed slightly and pulled Montana out of the house with me.

"That was slightly awkward," Montana said as she and I Kayci's car door and sat in the seat. "I'm kind of in shock."

"After a while you just learn to over look it," I said waving it off.

"What happened?" Kayci asked as she backed out of Zacky's driveway and put it in drive as she turned left to go back to Matt and My house.

"Well, lets just say they are…making up," Montana said nodding her head slowly. "Yeah…making up."

"More like making out and t-" I started but Montana slapped her hand over my mouth from the back seat.

"Don't even go there," she said shaking her head, I giggled slightly as I pulled her hand off and turned to Kayci.

"Just don't expect to see them for three or more days," I said nodding my head

"So we're baby-sitting?" Montana laughed

"Practically," I laughed as I leaned back in the seat, about thirty minutes later after we stopped at the grocery store for some cookies, I wanted them badly, damn cravings, but we arrived at my house with our mouths full of pink cookies.

"How'd it go?" Matt asked as he walked In the living room with Charlie on his back, after he heard us come in, I held up my thumb and nodded since I needed to swallow the cookie.

"Their making up Mr. Sanders, big time," Montana said shaking her head.

"What did I tell you," Matt whined. "Matt, Mr. Sanders makes me feel old!"

"Sorry, sorry!" Montana laughed as she walked over to Acelin and Keely who were playing dolls in the floor near the TV. "Hi girls."

"So, I didn't get to speak with you about it but, how was Brian about purposing?" I asked Kayci as Matt sat down beside me on the couch, where Charlie climbed off his back and laid on mine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment