Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"He was very romantic, we drove out to the pier for a picnic and while we were there he asked if I wanted to walk the beach, and I'm a sucker for walking the beach so, while we were walking we were holding hands and talking, I was so busy watching the sunset that I didn't realize that Brian had slipped something on my finger until I felt his hand leave mine, I looked over to see why he let go and I seen him on one knee," Kayci said smiling dreamily. "Well, it got dark and well…beaches are good for celebrating."

"You…on the beach?" I asked since Charlie was right behind me, I was wide eyed as she nodded and flushed from the embarrassment.

"Wow," Matt said as he looked up at the ceiling. "Didn't know Brian had it in him."

"Me either," I said in shock as I turned to him. "This is a shocker."

"Totally."

"Beach bum," I giggled as I pushed him in the side, he sounded like a surfer when he said ‘Totally’.

“Awww, I feel rejected…” Montana sighed. “I haven’t even seen Jimmy in forever!”

“Don’t feel bad.” I rubbed her arm. “You and him should get together tonight.”

“I’ll go call him and see.” Montana walked into another room to call Jimmy.

“So what exactly happened with Jamie and Zack?” Matt looked back over to me.

“Something that I shall not bring up in presence of little ears!” I pointed to the kids.

“Oh!” Matt nodded. “Now I get it.”

“Wow, Matt. Slow much?” Kayci laughed.

“Hey! Don’t harass the man I love! I’ll start teasing Brian.” I playfully hit Kayci on the shoulder.

“Go ahead, Montana does that already. Jamie, too.” Kayci shrugged.

“Well, Montana and Jamie are meanies.” I laughed.

“Aunt Jack?” Codi walked up and pulled on my pant leg.

“Yes, sweetie?” I looked down at her.

“Where did mommy go?”

“She went to go see daddy.”

“Why?”

“Because…” I looked up at Matt, then Kayci. Both of them shrugged. “Because they wanted to… Play a game.”

“What kind of game?” Codi asked innocently, I slapped my forehead.

“A grown up game, now go play!” I gently nudged her back to the other kids and shook my head. “I see she got their curiosity…”

"Hey, at least you didn't tell them wrestling, my friend did that and her kid went to school saying her parents wrestled almost every night and she was scared they would get hurt," Kayci said as she sat back and smiled.

"You're kidding?" Matt asked grinning.

"Nope," Kayci said shaking her head. "She seriously told the nurse that she was afraid for their safety."

"I can imagine Keely doing that," Matt sighed heavily as he turned to me. "Can’t you?"

"Nope," I said shaking my head. "But yes to Keegan, that boy thinks I have aliens in my belly."

"Good point," he murmured as he leaned into my side, I smiled and looked at Kayci who was intently staring at her ring.

"Hey, I have to go, Jimmy wants to see me!" Montana said as she ran in the living room, grabbed Kayci's keys and ran out the door.

"Uh…" Kayci said as she watched Montana back out of the driveway. "I guess I'm staying here until Brian can come and get me."

"Yeah I believe so," I said nodding my head, trying not to start giggling madly at her facial expression.

"She do that often?" Matt asked pointing to the car.

"Too often to make me wonder why I still keep my keys out so she can grab them," Kayci said sighing heavily. "She does it all the time."

"She's stranded you in places before?" I asked

"She once left me in Wal-Mart in another state, I had to call Floyd to come and get me, he was so pissed at her for a week," Kayci explained as she stood up and walked in the kitchen. "I'm going to borrow you're phone."

"Go ahead," Matt said as he looked at me. "Montana must be very…forgetful."

"Or just too hyper," I giggled as I looked at Matt with a grin on my face. "Have you happen to listen to that new song by Christina Aguilera?"

"No…"

"Look it up, Nasty naughty boy," I said as I stood up and walked off, he furrowed his eyebrows and ran to the computer in the bedroom, I walked in the kitchen with a giggle and leaned on the counter while Kayci talked on the phone.

"What?" she asked as she turned her phone off.

"When you get home, listen to that song by Christina Aguilera called Nasty naughty boy and you can get Brian in the mood with it," I said smiling

"How do you know that?"

"Because as soon as Zacky and Jamie get done with…they are baby sitting the kids while Matt and I have a day to ourselves," I said nodding to her. "And its kind of a song that gets you in the mood."

"I'll have to go and listen to it then," she said nodding slowly.

"I'm making Matt listen to it now, I told him about it and he ran to the computer to see what I was talking about," I said laughing. "I heard the song from my CD, I bought it two days ago."

"Its on her CD?"

"Yeah, its like…the 14th or 15th song," I said shrugging.

“Strange…” Kayci shook her head.

“I agree.” Matt walked out of the bedroom. “That was very, very bizarre.”

-----The Next Day-----

“Awww, Brian is so romantic!” Jamie swooned. Her and I were sitting on her couch, I was telling her about Kayci’s proposal. Just then, a sudden, and loud, shrieking and banging came from the door.

“Oh my god! Oh my god! Oh my god!” Montana screamed, knocking on my door.

“What?” I opened the door and she fell inside and hugged me.

“Oh my god!” She squealed.

“What, damn it?” Jamie asked impatiently.

“Look!” Montana shoved her hand in mine and Jamie’s faces.

“Oh my god!” Jamie grabbed Montana’s shoulders and jumped up and down

“He proposed?!?” I screamed and jumped up and down with Jamie and Montana.

“Yes! It was so romantic!” Montana collapsed on the couch. “We went out to a fancy dinner. He gave me a pink rose and the ring was tucked in the middle! He got on his knee and when I said yes, all of the restaurant clapped, it was amazing…” She looked down at the ring and smiled.

“Wow, now all we need is Matt and I to get engaged and Johnny to find a girl.” I sighed.

“Why?” Montana looked over at me.

“Then all the guys will be married men, and I’m sure kids will follow soon after.” Jamie nodded, her eyes welling up.

“Jamie? Are you crying?” I held back from laughing.

“No!” She rubbed her eyes. “I’m just in shock. Were all maturing so much.”

"I'm getting fucking married at twenty," Kayci said slowly as she began to hyperventilate. "My mother hasn't even met him yet!"

"This could be problematic," Jamie said sighing. "Does mommy like tattoos?"

"No," she said slowly. "She wants a doctor to be my husband, she's going to have a conniption."

"We have some work to do then," I said sighing as I looked at Jamie, who nodded her head like she was a detective about to shoot someone.

"What are you two thinking?" Montana asked as she looked back and forth from me to Jamie, who was smiling widely and quite psychotically.

"We're going to dress him up real nice, hide his tattoos so she gives her blessing then when she sees him after the wedding, she can freak," I stated as I turned to Kayci, who started smiling suddenly.

"That's fucking brilliant!" Kayci shouted as she jumped in mid air and punched around while doing a dance.

"Is she dancing or seizing?" Jamie whispered as she leaned over wide eyed, staring at Kayci like Montana and I were.

I laughed and pushed her off me, making everyone laugh.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment