Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"Actually I am," Brian said nodding, in shock that my father even knew what his stage name was. "Have you heard of us?"

"Have you?" I asked in shock, my father? Listening to rock?

I think I may pass out…

"Yes, I really like the newest album," my dad said happily, I guess he didn't notice the blank stare me, mom and Brian were giving him. Holy shit, this is great!

“Oh, thanks.” Brian smiled. This was amazing, dad and Brian actually getting along? I have to tell Jamie and Jack.

“I’ll be right back, I have to-“

“Call Jack and Jamie?” Brian looked up to me. I nodded and walked into another room as I dialed.

“Hola! Jose’s taco shack! Can I help you?” Jamie laughed with a fake Mexican accent.

“Hi, Jamie. Put in on speaker, por favor.” I giggled.

“Alright, it’s on speaker.” Jamie called.

“Hi, Kayci!” Montana squealed. “How’s it going?”

“He’s doing well.” I nodded, even though they couldn’t see me.

“Does he get along with mommy and daddy?” Jacklyn asked.

“He gets along with dad, but…”

“Uh-oh, that doesn’t sound good.” Jamie sighed. “Mommy doesn’t like him, huh?”

“Well, I don’t think, at least. I mean, he took off his jacket-“

“Damn him! We told him not to!” Jamie growled, Jacklyn and Montana cracking up in the background. “Oh, sorry! Continue.”

“Okay,” I laughed slightly. “As I was saying, he took off his jacket, so his tattoos were showing. My mom was like ‘Oh god…’, so I think that means something bad.”

“That’s what it sounds like.” Jacklyn sighed. “Well, keep trying!”

“Don’t lose hope!” Jamie added.

“And if all else fails, marry him anyway!” Montana laughed.

“Ha-ha, alright guys, I’ll talk to you soon, bye!”

“Bye!” They all said together as I hung up the phone. I shook my head, giggling, as I walked back out into the sun room and sat down next to Brian.

"What did I miss?" I asked, even though I really didn't want to know, especially if it’s something bad.

"I was about to ask what we talked about," Brian explained as he grabbed my hand and held it tight.

"Ask what son?" My dad asked, overly happy, guess he's happy about who I picked.

"What is it?" My mom said dreadful, she didn't seem happy, at all, wait till the wedding, Jamie is going to annoy the shit out of her.

"We wanted you're blessing, to get married," Brian said smiling happily.

"Yes," My father said at the same time my mother said 'No!' which made us all turn to her. "And why not Carmen? Kayci is happy!"

"Do you see who she's marrying Alex, I mean it's nothing against you Brian honey but, you're not what we expected as a son-in-law."

"Mother I'm happy," I said as I looked from her to Brian. "Can't you be happy for me? Brian treats me right and doesn't berate me like Allison's husband does her."

Allison being my sister…

"That's different," my mother said but my father interrupted her.

"No Carmen it isn't, you're daughter is happy and that's all we have ever wanted, and you want to say no because he has tattoos, that's beyond wrong and I won't have a thing to do with it," my father said then turned to Brian and I. "I give you my blessing baby, go get married because you know I only want you happy, I'll even pay for the wedding."

"Alexande-"

"No Carmen," my father said cutting his eyes at her. "This discussion is over, kids go ahead and go on home, we loved the visit but if you stay any longer today you'll only hear your mother moan and groan."

"Uh…" Brian said standing up awkwardly as he grabbed my hand and helped me up. "Bye Alex, uh…bye Carmen."

"Bye daddy, bye mom." I said hugging my father and waving at my mother who had turned away and was glaring outside.

As we stepped outside, Brian turned around and flipped the house off with both hands. "And fuccckkk you."

"My mother," I reminded him.

"You have to say that or you're just in denial," Brian said nodding his head.

“God, she’s a fucking bitch.” I mumbled as Brian and I got into the car.

“But we got your fathers blessing.” Brian kissed my lips softly. “We’re getting fucking married, and that’s all that matters.”

“Yeah.” I smiled and kissed him again. “But we should go before Jamie has a damn aneurism from not knowing what happened.”

“Are you sure we can’t just leave her to die?” Brian laughed jokingly as he pulled out of the driveway.

-----Jacklyn’s POV|Jamie’s house-----

“Damn…” Jamie walked away from the window for the thousandth time today, waiting for Kayci to come back.

“A watched pot never boils, Jamie.” I giggled slightly.

“Look! She’s home!” Montana pointed at the window and Jamie spun back around.

“See? I told you!” I sang as Kayci and Brian walked into the house.

“So?” Jamie, Montana, and I said in unison as we ran up to Kayci.

“We’re getting married!” Kayci screamed and jumped up and down with us. Brian covered his ears and winced until we stopped.

“Jesus, I though just Jamie screaming was bad.” Brian laughed slightly.

“Hey!” Jamie hit Brian on the arm, but just ended up hurting herself.

“Not too strong, huh?” Montana smirked.

“Not in the slightest.” Jamie shook her head and ran out into the kitchen. “Brian! Help!”

“Uh, okay.” Brian said reluctantly as he walked into the kitchen. After some banging, a crash of glass, and laughing, Brian and Jamie came back out holding five glasses and a bottle of wine.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment!