Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"Oh, present for Matt," he said shaking his head. "What did you want to get him?"

"I have no fucking clue, that's why I asked you."

“Umm…” Brian mumbled. “Everlasting love?”

“Haha, seriously, though.”

“Just think long and hard, something will come to you eventually.” Brian smiled and walked back into the living room. Jamie was standing up, Montana rubbing Jamie’s stomach, and Kayci was staring at both of them like they were crazy.

“Will I ask?” I pointed to Jamie and Montana.

“I told her to feel the bump! It’s growing everyday!” Jamie laughed and sat on the couch, all of us sitting down on the sides of her. Kayci yawned and rested her head on Brian’s one shoulder, Montana rested her head on the other, and Jamie lay on Montana’s lap and rested her head on Brian’s legs. They were all soon asleep and I was sitting on the adjacent chair laughing at Brian, who was too scared to move. Mostly because he didn’t want to wake a pregnant Jamie up and have her freak out.

“Hey, guys.” Matt walked into the house soon followed by Zack and all the kids.

“Shhh! Their asleep!” I pointed to Brian and the girls.

“Looks like Brian’s turned into a real player.” Zacky laughed and looked at Jamie, who was almost face down in Brian’s lap.

“What can I say? The ladies love me!” Brian laughed softly, Jamie rolling onto her other side.

“Huh?” Montana yawned and stretched out her arms.

“Aunt Montana!” Keegan and Codi yelled as all the kids ran up and hugged her, making Kayci wake up as well.

“Aunt Kayci!” The kids yelled again and hugged Kayci, too.

“Shut up…” Jamie mumbled, still sleeping and waving her hand at us.

“Jamie?” Zack walked up to her and put his face in her’s.

“What?” She cracked her eyes open.

“Wanna go to bed?” He asked, Jamie nodding and holding her arms up to him.

“Carry me?” She smiled innocently, making everyone laugh slightly. Zacky nodded and picked her up bridal style and carried her into the bedroom.

“Guess what?” I looked over to Matt, who sat next to me and kissed my cheek.

“Yeah?”

“Jimmy proposed to Montana!” I shouted and pointed to Montana, who was smiling like she just did something bad.

"Congratulations, one more person I have to kick there ass for upstaging me," Matt sighed and hugged Montana.

"Are you planning to upstage me?" Brian asked smiling as Kayci curled up in his lap with Keely in her lap, she was falling asleep also.

"Maybe, maybe not, you never know with me," he said shrugging his shoulders.

"Changeable as the wind," I murmured making Montana giggled and Matt looked at me funny. "What? I read it in a book."

"Well, at least she reads," Kayci mumbled with her eyes closed. "That's a plus."

"So how was the meeting with the rents Bri? Did they kick you out on your ass or what?" Johnny asked sitting down beside me.

"50-50 to tell you honestly, Kayci's dad Alex loved me, her mother Carmen hates my guts, she and Jamie will get along famously at the wedding."

"How nice," I smiled and leaned on Johnny. "A fight and a flight."

"I don't even want to know what that means," Brian said as he kissed Kayci's head. "It scares me how you're mind thinks."

"It does me too," I said nodding my head. "That's why I have frequent panic attacks."

"Right," he said putting his thumb up. "Gotcha."

-----Three Months Later-----|-----Kayci and Brian's Wedding-----

"You look gorgeous," I smiled as I held my stomach, Kayci was in a dark crème colored wedding gown that flowed down her arms and waist.

"Honestly Kace, amazing!" Jamie said tearing up, she always cried at weddings, I have no clue why though. “Awww! Don’t cry, Jamie. Don’t cry!”

“Stop talking to yourself!” I hit her arm.

“Owie.” She mumbled and looked at herself in the mirror. “And a fabulous, choice, might I add, with the brides’ maid dresses.”

They were amazing, I have to say. Jamie, Montana, and I were her bride’s maids. She had a cute, simple dress that she had gotten in three different colors: I got light pink, Montana got light purple, and Jamie got light blue.

“I agree.” I added, nodding. “I still can’t believe your getting married.”

“To Synyster fucking Gates, no less.” Jamie laughed.

“Yeah, it is pretty surreal.” Kayci nodded, holding her head back to keep from crying. “It seems like just yesterday Brian and Jimmy were pawning the kids off and Montana and I.”

“Ha-ha, and Jimmy tripped on one of Floyd’s shoes!” Montana burst out laughing.

“Yeah!” Kayci laughed along. “That was priceless.” We laughed for a little bit more until Jamie looked up at the clock.

“Kace, we have to go.” Jamie pointed to Montana, herself, and I.

“Awww, I don’t want you guys to leave! I’m so scared!” Kayci reached her hand out to us as we left.

“Don’t worry!” I smiled at her. “Just think, in a few hours, you’ll be, legally, Mrs. Brian Haner junior.”

“Bye!” Jamie blew her a kiss as we shut the door and walked out to the room before the alter.

“Well, don’t you ladies look amazing?” Zacky smiled and hooked arms with Jamie, as I did for Matt and Montana did with Jimmy. But, poor Johnny had to walk down Allison, Kayci’s sister.

“So, did Jamie drive Kayci’s mother up the wall?” Matt looked down to me.

“To no end, it was pretty funny, to be honest. Her mom looked like she wanted to just stab Jamie.” I laughed.

“She hates me, and she just met me.” Jamie giggled. “It has to be a record.”

“No, cause you mom hated me before she even met me!” Zacky defended, and right after, we walked down the aisle to the altar, where we separated and smiled at Brian.

“Brian,” Jamie whispered. “If you faint, I have Zack’s brother recording it so we can send it in to funniest home videos!”

“Great, Jamie. Don’t make me anymore nervous then I already am.” He laughed softly and gazed at Kayci, who was gracefully walking up the aisle.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment