Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"Jamie Bra- Er, Baker. Ha, yeah, Baker. I just got married a few months ago, still not used to the new name." Jamie laughed slightly, taking Acelin from Jacklyn and carrying her up to the playroom.

"She's nice." Jacklyn nodded as I took her coat and hung it up on the rack.

"Yeah, real nice. My best friend's wife. You'd get along well." I sat on the couch and patted the seat next to me.

"Awesome," she said as she sat on the couch beside me, she turned to me and smiled coyly. "Want to play twenty questions?"

"Sure, you go first," I said grinning as I watched her eyes light up.

"Okay, okay, I got this," she said placing her index finger to her chin. "Full name."

"Matthew Charles Sanders," I said smiling "Full name."

"Jacklyn Ann Zuko," she said then shrugged "Just like the person on Grease."

I laughed and watched her redden in the face. "That's kind of funny."

"Oh shut up," she said blushing even more. "You're age?"

"Sadly, Thirty." I said nodding my head. "You're age?"

"Twenty eight," she said and poked my arm. "Oldie!"

"Hey that was mean," I pouted laughing as she threw her head back and giggled.

"Okay, okay I get the giggles to easily, alright secret, a real deep secret."

"Damn, I don't hold many secrets, but I only have two, my wife died and everyday I wish I was with her, and the other is I think my friends wife likes me," I whispered as I leaned over in her ear. "Two in one, now you tell me two secrets."

"Oh I'm sorry Matt," she said softly as she touched my arm. "Um…I was married once and we divorced because he told me he thought he was gay, and Acelin is the only thing that keeps me going everyday."

"Same with my kids, they keep me going," I explain sadly. "Sorry about you're husband."

"Don't be, he's happy with a Cuban guy in Hawaii, he sends me pictures every month of the ocean," she laughed as she tucked her hair behind her face. "You're turn to, tell me something you couldn't tell anyone."

"I can't tell anyone, that's the point isn't it?" I asked winking at her, making her chuckle and nod her head.

"True, true, okay change that to, when is you're birthday?"

"July thirty-first," I stated as I watched her smile.

"Mine is June twenty-first," she grinned and pushed my arm.

"Want to go eat now?" I asked smiling as I stood up, she nodded and grabbed my hand as she stood up.

"I'd love that," she said smiling as she walked in the kitchen with me. "Oh, it smells good!"

"Yeah."

"Did you cook it yourself?" Jacklyn looked over to me as I pulled out a chair for her.

"Yep." I lied. Jamie wouldn't mind, though. Bless her giving heart; she'll do anything for the people she loves.

---------Flashback--------

"I can't believe one of you wrote Fuck You on the gym walls and floor!" The principal screamed at Jamie and me as we sat in his office. I had graffiti-ed the gym and somehow Jamie had been pulled in as a suspect. "So which one of you did it?"

"Uh, it was-"

"It was me, Principal Fisher." Jamie cut me off, looking down at her feet.

"Well then, you have a week suspension. And Matt, you're free to go." The principal waved us both out of the office. We exited; I stopped Jamie as she was leaving.

"Jamie, you didn't have to do that…"

"I know, I wanted to. If you got in trouble again, you'd never be able to see Kodah. That would kill you both. I don't mind Matt; I'm used to the trouble." Jamie smiled at me.

"No, Jamie. You didn't do it, I did. You didn't have to take the blame."

"Matt! Seriously! I'm saving you ass and you're going to complain to me?" Jamie laughed. "Stop!"

"Sorry…" I smiled slightly.

"Thank you. Now go be with Kodah, I got to go home." Jamie waved to me and began to walk away. I pulled her back and hugged her.

"Thank you, Jamie. I love you…" I rested my chin on her head.

"I love you too." Jamie pulled away, smiled, and walked over to her car.

---------Flashback End--------

"Well, thank you Matt. The dinner was wonderful." Jacklyn smiled at me as she opened the door. "I had a great time."

"Me too." I hugged her.

"Here's Acelin, she was great." Jamie gave Acelin to Jacklyn.

"Good to hear." She walked out of the door and said goodbye right before she shut it. Soon you could hear her car drive out the driveway and down the street.

"So?" Jamie turned to me and smiled.

"She was nice, fun."

"Great!" Jamie laughed.

"Thank you," I said smiling

"You welcome." She buried her face into my chest and took a deep breath. She looked up to me and kissed me again, this time a bit rougher. I stood in shock for a moment. Jamie pulled back and closed her eyes. "Oh, Matt. I'm so sorry…"

"No, no…" I shook my head and looked down at her.

"No, I'm sorry. That was uncalled for. It's just that…" Jamie sighed. "Well, Zach and I haven't been having a happily ever after, so to say."

"What do you mean?"

"Me and Zach just haven't had that connection lately, ever since Kodah died. That little kiss that you see? That's it nowadays. We haven't had sex in six months!" Jamie cried out.

"Holy shit, really?" I asked in shock. Jamie nodded and nuzzled her face into my neck.

"I need my affection, and I always had liked you when I was young. Now just seemed like the right time to reveal that…" Jamie said against my skin. "I just feel like… He doesn't love me, anymore." Jamie began to cry. "I don't even want to go home and see him…"

"Do you want to stay here?" I grabbed her face and looked down at her.

"No, Matt. I don't want to impose…" Jamie sighed.

"It's fine."
♠ ♠ ♠
Oh come on, COMMENT!

Socially Awkward helped write this story.