Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart, Can You?

Not Even Duct Tape Can Fix My Broken Heart

"I'll see you there in say, thirty minutes?" I asked as I opened my door and stood up straight.

"See you then," she said hanging up, I smiled and walked towards the front door, I opened the door without knocking and seen Jimmy asleep on the couch with Keely on his chest sleeping like he was, mouth open and drool running down her mouth, I laughed as I looked around and seen James playing video games with Keegan and Johnny and Charlie was on Brian's lap reading a magazine.

"Look there's daddy," Johnny said pointing to me as he looked up, Charlie and Keegan looked up and ran over to me, James paused the game and stood up slowly before he ran over and hugged my leg.

"Hey guys, guess where we're going in a few minutes?" I asked as I kneeled down in front of them.

"Wal-Mart?" Keegan suggested

"Ice cream shop?" James asked

"Guitar world?" Charlie said

"Brian stop brainwashing my child," I said looking up from Charlie; Brian laughed and held his hands out.

"What? Kodah would have thought it was cute, you know you do too," he said pointing at me.

"Oh shut up," I said laughing as I pointed to Keely. "Go wake you're sister up and tell her we're going to the park to play with Acelin, and do it nicely boys."

They all looked at each other and walked over to her slowly; each one of them gently pushed her side and called out her name below a whisper. "Keely, wake up!" Keegan whined.

"Keel wake up, daddy is taking us to the pawk," James said, he recently lost his front tooth.

"Sister, wake up!" Charlie yelled.

"Defiantly stay away from my kid," I said pointing to Brian, who started laughing rather hysterically, which woke up Keely with a start as well as Jimmy.

"Huh? Daddy?" Keely sat up and held out her arms to me.

"Yeah, it's me." I walked over and picked her up. "You wanna go to the park?" I asked, Keely nodding and smiling. "Alright."

"Yay!" Keely clapped her hands together, a habit she picked up from Jamie.

"Ha-ha, say goodbye to Brian, Johnny and Jimmy!" I waved along with the kids.

"Bye Bwian!" Charlie smiled.

"Bye Charlie boy!!!" Brian laughed and waved childishly. I smiled and walked out to the car, buckling them all up and driving them to the park.

"It's about time you got here." Jacklyn smiled at me, laughing slightly.

"Yeah, yeah." I waved playfully at her. "Why don't you guys go play with Acelin?"

"Alright, daddy." Keely nodded as her and the boys walked over to the sandbox where Acelin was playing.

"So, how's it been?" Jacklyn looked over to me.

"It's been good. I helped my friend out, that's about it. What about you?"

"Acelin almost fell off her bed." Jacklyn sighed. "That poor girl is so clumsy. When she gets older, I'm gonna have to bubble wrap her."

I laughed and shook my head. "No get her a bubble that's like bubble boy, where she can jump around," I suggested making her laugh.

"That would be perfect for her," she laughed as she looked out and frowned. "Acelin Marie! Leave that poor boy alone!"

"That's Keegan," I said as she referred to him as that poor boy, "And he likes her."

"How can you tell?" she asked as she crossed her legs on the bench, I shrugged and sat back, with my arms around the back of the bench.

"When Keegan likes someone, like Codi, Jamie's daughter, he lets them be mean to him, if he doesn't like you, he is a little brat," I explained as I smiled.

"What's you're other kids names?" she asked smiling "You told me before, but I'm horrible with names."

"You know who Keegan is, my daughter is Keely as you know, James is the brown haired boy and Charlie is the red head," I laughed as I mentioned all my kids, thirty years old with four, four year olds.

"You raised them by yourself?" she asked

"No, I had my friends," I said as the wind blew harshly. "Keely put you're hood on."

She looked up and nodded before she pulled her hood on tightly. "I raised Acelin with the help of my neighbor, Melvin, he's fifty years old and possibly the kindest man I have ever met, he loves Acelin like his own granddaughter," Jacklyn said smiling

"You're boyfriend left right?" I asked

"Yeah," she said nodding as she glanced at me.

"When?" I asked

"When I was seven months pregnant with Acelin, he ran off with a stripper name Cinnamon; honestly if you're a stripper, name yourself something that attracts people, not a spice."

I laughed and shook my head. "I don't know if he was mentally challenged or just plain stupid to ever have left his child and you, you're beautiful," I said softly

"Thank you Matt, I just might think you're one of the good guys, just yet," she said smiling, making me grin and look out at the kids.

"Thanks."

"Just imagine. In a while, they'll be our age, looking out at their kids. And we'll be the old people feeding the pigeons." she said smiling at me.

"Let's not think too far ahead." I laughed. "I don't want to get that old that fast."

"Really? I can't wait to see Acelin grow up." Jacklyn sighed and rested her head on my shoulder. "I don't mind getting old, as long as I have someone with me."

"Same for me. I don't want to grow old alone." I nodded.

"I don't think you will, Matt. You such a sweet guy, you'll find the right girl eventually. You never know, you could already have her." Jacklyn looked up to me and smiled. Without warning, she pushed her lips against mine forcefully. We kissed for a minute, and then pulled away. "You never know."

"No, I don't. But I do have an idea…" I smiled warmly back at her. I kissed her forehead and looked down at my watch. "Well, it's getting late. We better get going."

"Alright." She and I both stood up. She hugged me and pulled me into a kiss. "Bye."

"Bye." I walked over, picked up Keely, and told the boys we we're leaving. "Say goodbye to Jacklyn and Acelin."

"Bye!!!" James waved along with everyone else.

"Bye guys!" Jacklyn held Acelin's hand a waved back at us.

"Did you kiss Ace's mommy?" Keegan asked as he walked beside me, I looked down at him and narrowed my eyes.

"You little sneak, you were watching weren’t you?" I asked

"Maybe," he said smiling rather cheekily, I laughed and clicked the remote control for the car door and sat Keely in her seat.

"You guys are to much like your mother, sneaky, cheesy and just plain pain in the butts, but I love you all," I laughed kissing each one of their heads.

"We love you too daddy," Keely said smiling shyly as she reached up and kissed my head. "Let's go home and eat, is uncle Jimmy cooking?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment.