Past Mistakes

Sixth month

I had no choice, I had to tell my mom I was pregnant. I wasn't sure what to expect though.

I walked downstairs, feeling my shirt. It still kept my stomach well hidden, but better now then later I guess. "Hey mom," I called.

"In the kitchen." She called back. I bit my lip, but walked to the kitchen. I dialed 9-1 on my phone, and had my thumb over the one, just in case. "What's up?" She asked, washing the dishes.

"Um... I'm pregnant." I said, my voice cracking. She turned around and looked at me. I lifted my shirt to prove it. She glared.

"You're pregnant?! How long have you known?!" She shouted. I bit my lip.

"Six months." I managed to spit out. She threw a plate to the ground, smashing it.

"Why would you go off and get pregnant, and then not tell me?" She shouted. "I've given you everything! A roof over your head, clothes, food to eat! And you have the nerve to go get pregnant!" She continued. "Well no more." She said. I just looked at her for a minute.

"You're gonna make me pay rent?" I asked. She shook her head. Thank goodness.

"You have a day to get all your shit and get out of my house." She glared. I looked at her, frozen.

"I'm your daughter." I finally said.

"Not anymore. I don't have a daughter. Get out!" She snapped. I burst into tears and ran up to my room. I slammed the door shut and grabbed my messenger bag. I shoved clothes into it. My money that I had saved, the cloth diapers and wipes.

I looked at my phone. "I have no where to go." I muttered to myself, realizing I wouldn't have a roof over my head.

I shoved clothes into garbage bags, along with my bedding and anything else I would need. I grabbed my car keys and drug my stuff downstairs in batches. My mom just watched me, glaring. "You stupid whore." She glared. "I hope that baby dies." She spoke. I stopped and looked at her.

"Don't talk about her that way!" I slapped her. I don't care, she can't say that about my baby!

"Don't slap me!" She went to grab my hand. I pulled back.

"I'm getting my stuff, leave me alone." I said and took my stuff to the car. I loaded it all into the trunk and backseat. I walked back into the house and upstairs. I struggled but got the mattress off my bed.

I drug that downstairs, and outside. I guess I don't need my dresser or bed frame. I sighed and managed to get the mattress onto the roof of my car. I rolled my windows all down and got some ropes.

"What are you doing?" Mom just smirked. I tied two ropes around one end, and two around the other. I ignored her as I tied them. "I asked you a question!" She said.

"I don't have to talk to you anymore. And you're never going to see this baby." I glared, shutting the doors and rolling the windows up to trap the ropes. I got in and started the car.

"Are you coming back for your other things?" She smirked.

"I don't need them. And I don't need you." I stated. She threw her head back and laughed.

"Where are you going to stay? And how will you afford it?" She asked. I paused then pulled onto the street.

"I'll find a way." I said, and started driving. I had my college fund that had over twenty thousand dollars in it. I guess I'm going to need to use that. "You're worth it Azalia." I said, rubbing my stomach.
♠ ♠ ♠
I was thinking on how to make this more realistic, when I realized that I could do what any loving parent would do. Use their college fund to make sure their baby is okay. :)

Also, I don't know if any of you know this, but in Joplin there was a tornado recently. A boy named Will Norton had just graduated and was on his way home with his father when the tornado hit. He got sucked through the sunroof, and was found a week later, not alive. :( So please, pray for his family.
There was also a little 15 month old baby. His mother was holding him, running for shelter when he got ripped out of his mothers arms and thrown into the tornado. Pray. <3

-Ashley Dawn