Sequel: The Bride
Status: Complete ♥

Maid of Honor

Three ♥

"What?" I questioned, staring at my best friend. "Wh-How?"
John chuckled nervously.
"I asked Julie to marry me."
"Why..." I asked slowly.
"I....I love her, Dia."
"Whoa." I nearly whispered. "I've only met the girl twice, and now you're getting married?! What gives, John?! You two have only been together for two months! One if you don't count the first month that you were just sleeping with her for the hell of it."
"Dorinda..." He sighed. "Give Julie a chance?!"
I sighed heavily.
"Does it really mean that much to you?"
"Yes..."
"Okay."
"Okay." He agreed.
"When did it happen?" I questioned, moving from the living room toward the kitchen.
"A few weeks ago. I would've told you, but I really just wanted to say it in person."
"I think I'd rahter you tell me over the phone." I laughed, although it was forced. "Are you sure Julie's your one true love? Is she the girl you REALLY want to spend the rest of your life with?"
"Dia..." He trailed off. "I love Julie."
That didn't answer my question at all.
"Okay." I sighed. "I'm going to bed, it's getting late."
John didn't try to stop me, unlike he usually would. He let me go on up to my room instead of calling me back. It was odd. John was acting odd. I was acting odd too. I mean the thought of him getting married is too much to handle.



"Morning." John greeted as I walked into the kitchen.
"Why are you up so early? I figured that you would be way too tired."
"I couldn't sleep."
"Why not?" I asked, looking over at him."
"Well..." John sat his mug down and his eyes connected with mine. "I hurt my best friend."
"You didn't hurt me-"
"Yes, I did." He sighed. "Come over here, Dorinda."
I bit my bottom lip and took a seat beside him at our island in the kitchen.
"I just wish that you didn't wait so long to tell me."
"I'm sorry about that." He apologized. "No one will ever take your place. Ever."
"Aren't you getting married?" I asked. John just nodded. "Eventually you're going to move out and move in with Julie. then you're going to have that newly-weds year, then kids and dogs and mother -in-l-"
"Dia...chill your pants." He stated, laughing. "Julie will just have to move in with us...." I couldn't keep the look of distain off of my face. "Or we both could move in with her?"
"Not gonna happen, John. We both know that."
John laughed.
"Point is, you're always number one."
"You are too, John Ohh."
He smiled brightly at me.
I felt my heart start to beat heavily in my chest. It was weird and....nice?
"Dorinda are you okay? You've got this weird look on your face."
It's called realization.
"Yeah," I smiled. "I have to go to the gym. Wanna hang out afterwards?"
"Sure. I missed you, so we can go out to lunch or something."
"Deal." I nodded before I made my way out of the house. "Bye, Johnny!"
"Bye, Doe!"
I got in my car, and drove toward the gym.
My brain and heart were having a World War Three the entire time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Finally posted a new chapter. Thoughts?

xoxo Rae Marie