Sequel: Betrayed
Status: Joint Story

Unholy Confessions

Young Love

Poor Neche didn’t want that kind of alone time with Matt. I was stupid to have felt jealous. Maybe it was for the best that Jason and I were interrupted every time something serious was going to happen. While I was thinking this over, my sisters phone started to ring. I watched Matt take it from her, and I knew she had missed the look of concern that flitted across his face before he hung up and smiled at her. I turned to Jason, and from the look on his face, I knew he had seen it as well. For now, we would just have to put it behind us until we could talk to Matt alone.

“Then we can get famous, and girls will want to sleep with me!” Jimmy explained, jumping up and down on the couch. We all laughed as Brian grabbed his left leg and Jimmy stumbled off the couch. He landed on his hands and knees, and when he stood, he threw his hands up over his head and we all cheered. He smiled, bowed and climbed onto my lap.
“Well hello darling,” I smiled down on him, groaning a bit under his weight.
“I love you, Mina,” he said very seriously. I threw my head back and laughed in delight.
“I love you too, Jimmy!”
Jason laughed and pushed Jimmy off my lap before pulling me closer to him.
“I really like you a lot,” he whispered so only I could hear him. I smiled up at him and gave him a quick kiss. I had hoped no one would see, but Shads started making cat calls. Jason pulled away and gave everyone the finger. Neche gave me a knowing smile. I was so glad she supported me.

A few hours later, everyone left. Val and Shads were the last to go because Val, Neche and I got caught up making plans for the merch booth.
“We can finish planning tomorrow!” Val hugged us both goodbye before dragging Shads out the door.
“Bye?”
We laughed at his confusion and shut the door. Our aunt and uncle were out of town again, but we had felt no urge to party this time. Besides, we had school in the morning. Inwardly I laughed at the thought. Normally I had been a straight A student, but this year I found I had too many distractions. I’m sure, however, that all kids in California felt the same way.

Neche and I talked a little before going to bed. She told me about how she just wasn’t ready to have sex, and I understood completely. After everything she’d been through… just having a boyfriend was an improvement. We were just saying goodnight when we heard Johnny talking on the phone. We crept to his room and stood outside the door like the nosy cousins we were.
“I think I love you Lacey,” he whispered into the phone.
His anxious face relaxed with whatever she said in return and Neche and I turned to each other and grinned before sneaking back to our rooms.
Ahh young love.

The next morning, we woke up and ate breakfast before climbing into the Berry’s van. We rode in silence this morning, but it wasn’t uncomfortable. It changed when Zacky and Brian got into the van however. They wouldn’t stop talking about the gig. When we pulled into the parking lot, they were arguing over what songs they should play.
“Do you guys even have a name yet?” I asked.
Zacky and Brian looked at each other in horror before running off to talk to Shads and Jimmy. Only these guys could be so excited for something without thinking it all the way through. The rest of us got out of the van and stopped to talk to Val, Shads and Jimmy. I wasn’t much in the mood for talking, but I nodded at all the right places as Val outlined what needed to be done for this gig. When the bell rang, she gave my sister and I a hug and told us we would talk more at lunch. I hadn’t even been to my first class and I knew it was going to be a long day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sooooo. Anyone want to comment? You silent readers... tsk tsk.
After everything Neche has been through, and nothing?!

Sigh. Please let us know what you think!!! :)
Subscribe, Comments, Banners, oh my!
Show us some love guys!

Kelsey