After the Rain

a tomorrow..?

We sat down at the table, Nat on one side and the sort-of scary looking one on my other side. “I’m Lucian.” He said in a voice that sent shivers from my ears to my feet.

I tipped my head at him and smiled softly. “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Lucian.”
He smiled and his eyes flashed a purple color before turning back to a deep brown. I jumped slightly before looking down at the plate being set down in front of me. ‘Mmm, steak..’

“Just how you like it,” Ebony told me, smiling, before giving out everyone else’s plates.

I grinned and smelled it. I looked up and noticed I was being stared at by the men surrounding me. Blushing, I stammered out, “Y-yes?”

The only one that had yet to speak to me spoke, “You just smelled your almost raw steak.. as if it were the most delectable thing in the world.”

Ebony cut in for me, “Do you have a problem with that?” Sometimes I would swear she acted more like a mother protecting her cub (me) than my best friend/sister.

The man looked surprised at rushed out, “No-No! I-we, I just wasn’t expecting it.”

The other guys chuckled, and Marcos stated, “Well, Emery, I think we’ve learned not to judge this book by its cover.”

I giggled, and picked up my fork, stabbing one of the already cut slices of steak before popping it into my mouth.

XXXX

After having a lovely dinner with fun conversations, I learned many things about my neighbors. For sure, I knew I was in safe hands, and I’d be fine without Ebony by my side. I walked with the boys back towards my front door, and out onto the porch. “It really was nice meeting you all,” I told them smiling.

Nat pulled me in for a hug, “Yes, I’d have to agree!” We laughed and stepped back.
Emery scooped me up into his arms, hugging me as well. “We’ll come visit you tomorrow and help you unpack, okay?”

“Alright,” I told him, giggling as he put me down.

I smiled towards Marcos and Lucian and put my hands on my hips, “You two better behave tonight.”

They chuckled and both hugged me, one at a time, Marcos first, then Lucian. “See you tomorrow Miss Lily.”

I blushed and nodded my head, waving bye as they all started walking home, it might be next door, but it’s still a distance from my house.

“Lily, get inside!” I heard Ebony yell for me. I groaned and trudged inside, locking the door behind me.

“What do you want Bony,” I mumbled, walking to the kitchen.

“Girl, watch what you say. And I called you in here because it’s getting dark and you need to help me with these dishes so I can go to bed because I’m leaving early tomorrow morning.” Ebony told me with her hands on her hips.

“Okay then,” I told her, sticking out my tongue.

We laughed and finished cleaning the kitchen before changing and heading to my bedroom were the mattresses were. “Goodnight,” Ebony yawned, crawling under the covers.

“Nitey-nitee,” I yawned back, already in bed. I fell asleep as soon as I rolled over on my side.
♠ ♠ ♠
So, im shooting for.. at least 2 new chapters by Monday, if not more (: