Have Faith in Me

Its Not You

Over the next few days, Rachel tried her damnedest to avoid me. She did everything to avoid being alone with me. The only time we were near each other was when everyone else was, which was the last thing I wanted. She knew I wanted to talk to her about catching her singing.

However, today was my lucky day.

Johnny and Mike had gone out to eat while Zacky and Brian went to walk around Salt Lake City. Rachel was in the bunks, unaware that I had stayed. I looked up when I heard the curtain being pushed back. Rachel walked past me, clearly not noticing me. I watched her grab a bottle of water from the mini fridge. As she turned and straightened up, her eyes fell on me.

“What are you doing here? I thought you left,” she demanded quietly.

“I decided to stay,” I told her just as quietly. She looked at me for a moment. “Rachel, I want to talk to you.”

“About what, Matt? About what, hm?” Her voice had taken a defensive tone but I could hear the sadness under it.

“Why’d you want to cry the other night?” She turned to the window, glaring furiously outside.

“Why do you even care? You hardly know me.” Her voice faltered. I took a step towards her.

“But I do care about you even if I’ve only known you for a week.” She shook her head.

Rachel’s POV:
I heard Matt’s footsteps coming towards me as I shook my head. I felt his arms wrap around me tightly, pulling me into his chest.

“I’ll make you a deal,” I murmured as I wrapped my arms around his waist.

“What’s that?” he prompted.

“When you think it’s time, ask me again. If I think it’s time when you ask, I’ll tell you. Is that all right?” I felt him nod. I gave him a quick squeeze before pulling away. “Thanks for not pushing it,” I softly thanked. He shrugged. Without another word, I went back to the bunks for a nap.

I woke up about an hour later when I heard the voices of Zacky, Brian, Johnny, and Mike.

“Rachel! We brought you food!” Zacky yelled as he came to the back.

“She’s sleeping, asshole!” Matt hissed.

“No I’m not,” I yawned as I pulled back the curtain that hid my bunk. I motioned for Zacky, who was right in front of my bunk, to move and jumped down.

“We brought you Subway,” Zacky said, holding up the bag.

“Thanks.” I gave him a quick hug as I took the bag. I followed Matt out to the lounge. I sat down in the booth where Mike pushed a drink towards me. I muttered a word of thanks. Johnny slid in beside me as I watched Zacky and Matt sit with Brian on the couches.

“Everything fixed between you and Shadows?” he asked.

“What are you taking about, Christ?” I replied, raising an eyebrow as I bit my sandwich.

“Oh come off it, Rach. We could all tell something was wrong.” I shrugged.

“Yeah, everything’s fine.”

“Good. Fighting is the last thing we want.”

“Well it wasn’t really fighting. Something just happened. But everything’s fixed.” I continued to eat my sandwich.

“Hey, Rachel. Lzzy’s looking for you,” Brian said as he entered the bus.

“What does she want?” I questioned. He shrugged.

“She just said she wanted to talk to you.” Exchanging a glance with Johnny, I got up and climbed out of the bus.

“Hey there,” Lzzy greeted when she saw me. I waved. “I have a favor to ask of you.”

“What is it?”

“That was you singing in the bus the other night, right?” I was instantly wary of what she was going to ask for.

“Yeah…” A wide grin spread across her face.

“I knew it! Now would you do me the humongous favor of coming on stage and doing a song with us?” I bit my lip, hesitating.

“I don’t know. I’m not much of a performer.”

“Oh come on! I know you’ll do a great job! Plus I want everyone to hear your voice. You got some pipes, girl.” I glanced at her, still hesitating.

“All right,” I gave in. “But don’t tell any of the guys.” She made a motion as if zipping her lips.

“I won’t say a word,” she promised.

I stood off to the side of the stage, nervously clutching the microphone. I was on the opposite side from the rest of the guys. I had told them I was gonna go back to the bus for a quick nap before doubling back to the stage. Lzzy had insisted on having me dress up. I now wore a black and red corset with black jeans. My hair was straightened and flared out at the ends. I was pacing back in forth, going over the lyrics to the song she told me we were gonna be doing. I had known their lyrics beforehand, being a fan of course.

“All right, guys. For our last song, I wanna bring out a guest of mine. Now, this person isn’t really known but I heard them singing the other day and thought, ‘Wow. I have got to get them to do a song with me,’” Lzzy told the crowd. “Rachel, come on out!” As soon as I strode out, the music to It’s Not You started to play. I brought the microphone to my mouth once Lzzy started to sing.

I’m in love with somebody
Found someone that completes me
I’m in love with somebody
Oh yeah (oh yeah)
And it’s not you

Be now single
Now whatcha donna do
See these lips are all done talkin’ to you
I don’t mean to bruise your ego
But I’ve had you nailed down for so long
I don’t see your name on my tattoo


I strutted down to the right side of the stage, feeling eyes on me from the side of the stage.

I hope you understand
It’s been a long time coming
It’s for the best
No offense

I’m in love with somebody
Found someone that completes me
I’m in love with somebody
Oh yeah (oh yeah)
And it’s not you


I went to the other side of the stage towards the boys of Avenged. I glanced at them and saw them all looking at me in awe.

I know who you think you are
Sorry I’ve turned you on
But I’m kissing you off
Lines of whiskey and cigarettes
But not enough to make me forget
I got someone who has raised the bare

I heard it all before
Stop spinnin’ your wheels
You’ll use the door
No hard feelings


I danced around the stage as I got ready to sing the chorus again.

“Bring us home, Rachel!” Lzzy yelled into the microphone, smiling at me. I smirked. Spinning around, I brought my microphone back up to my mouth.

I’m in love with somebody
Found someone that completes me
I’m in love with somebody
Oh yeah (oh yeah)
And it’s not you

You probably never been shot down before
You probably never been shot down before
I’ll try and make it easier
I’m in love with somebody
Found someone that completes me
I’m in love with somebody
Oh yeah (oh yeah)
And it’s not you
It’s not you
It’s not you


I held the last note until I ran out of breath. The crowd roared when Lzzy hit the last guitar note.

“Thank you so much, Salt Lake! Give it up for, Rachel and these guys around me! Good night! Now give it up for Stone Sour!” Lzzy told the crowd. I walked off the stage, panting with a wide grin on my face.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the wait. My internet got cut and I just got it back today. Two chapters to make up for it though. :D